test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC PATCH NOTES FOR 4/25/2019

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Administrator Posts: 17 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2019 in Release Notes
*A puff of smoke fills the room. A wizard appears*

Star Trek Online will have PC maintenance tomorrow, 4/25, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11147023

*Another puff of smoke. Wizard is gone*
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes for Operation Riposte.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Has there been any progress made regarding this issue?

Polytrinic acid horta promo reclaimable missing from C-store
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    Has there been any progress made regarding this issue?

Polytrinic acid horta promo reclaimable missing from C-store

My guess is its probably a low priority bug since its been known about for a few months now and they might be hoping that those who benefitted from it will just buy the thing. Course that won't work since the reason people want it is so that they don't have to buy it.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Isn't the problem with the klink transports more that they're overly prone to death than the fact they don't go boom.

Adding an explosion to them just serves to highlight how fast they die.
  • zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Isn't the problem with the klink transports more that they're overly prone to death than the fact they don't go boom.

Adding an explosion to them just serves to highlight how fast they die.
    Since the transports are optional it doesnt seem to be a priority to fix them. Even the most incompetent group manages to save at least one transport to do the optional part. People can even intentionally grief here.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I haven't been in a Riposte yet where the transports were overly prone to dying. I've only had maybe one explode on me in any given TFO. Generally our team manages to grab at least eight before time runs out.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    Agreed. I haven't been in a run yet where we didn't get if not all, then most of the transports. There are too many folks reporting NOT having this issue for it to be an issue with the TFO. If you're seeing them die in every run that you're in, search for the common denominator. Maybe you're doing something that's killing the transports.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    *Thanks the wizard for the update*
  • galantdramongalantdramon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I've seen transports die a lot...because with no shields, and 75% (or less) hull, people are dropping massive damage and killing the 'guard' ships just after the transport becomes "your faction" and the core breeches of 2+ ships in close proximity to the damaged transport finish it off.

How about targeted attacks on the guards -then- shoot the transport, or "don't spam like you're looking for dps score" until after the transport is pulled away from their former guards, maybe drop a heal or a shield share on the transports, or hey, maybe Tractor Repulsors to push the KDF ships away from your freshly caught and highly vulnerable captives?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I haven't been in a Riposte yet where the transports were overly prone to dying. I've only had maybe one explode on me in any given TFO. Generally our team manages to grab at least eight before time runs out.
    In my experience they only insta-die if they eat warp core breaches.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I've seen transports die a lot...because with no shields, and 75% (or less) hull, people are dropping massive damage and killing the 'guard' ships just after the transport becomes "your faction" and the core breeches of 2+ ships in close proximity to the damaged transport finish it off.

How about targeted attacks on the guards -then- shoot the transport, or "don't spam like you're looking for dps score" until after the transport is pulled away from their former guards, maybe drop a heal or a shield share on the transports, or hey, maybe Tractor Repulsors to push the KDF ships away from your freshly caught and highly vulnerable captives?

You cant, i aproached with the lukari regeneration console active, and nothing, they die anyway.. perhaps that is a bug?
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Agreed. I haven't been in a run yet where we didn't get if not all, then most of the transports. There are too many folks reporting NOT having this issue for it to be an issue with the TFO. If you're seeing them die in every run that you're in, search for the common denominator. Maybe you're doing something that's killing the transports.
    Just because most folks do not have an issue it does not mean there is not an issue with the TFO that is not how bugs work.

For me its the other way around. I have only had 1 run that was ok every other run the transports died around 9 times out of 10. Last run a transport was ok, I healed it up to max then as soon as my team mate put a tractor beam on it the transport went pop. It was taking no damage until the tractor beam was turned on at which point it was taking over 3000 damage a second.

Zero warp core breach and zero rifts. I have lost count have many times I have seen a transport take zero damage then as soon as the tractor beam is turned on it takes massive damage. It seems like friendly fire only happens when a tractor beam is on the transport.

After testing and excluding warp core kills the common denominator is zero DoT with the tractor beam off and large DoT damage when the tractor beam is on. Enough to kill within seconds.
This discussion has been closed.