test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is First City on Qonos Sinking?

christ4uchrist4u Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I recently hopped on my KDF character after being absent from the KDF side for awhile and discovered when I visited the tailor and decided to run back to the central chamber near Worf's location, I was unable to step up, that is climb the stairs. I literally had to jump each step of the way.

The same thing happened when I went to select a new ship at the shipyard, when done, I was unable to merely run up the stairs, it did not allow me to do so. Same instance when running to the exchange, the floor does not allow for fluid and steady running.

Is Qonos sinking? When do we expect a bug fix? lol
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,321 Community Moderator
    Ummm, bugs get fixed when they are reported in the Bug Subforum.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    midnightjade#4582 midnightjade Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I play KDF and I've not noticed having to jump up the stairs in First City. Then again my character is 6' 2". Is it possible yours just has short legs? :p
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I don't even remember where the tailor is on first city so can't comment on that, but the stairs leading up to the orion conscription officer in the academy are certainly in the jumping category and always has been. I've always assumed it's just a klingonism.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    I don't even remember where the tailor is on first city so can't comment on that, but the stairs leading up to the orion conscription officer in the academy are certainly in the jumping category and always has been. I've always assumed it's just a klingonism.

Left once you exit the transporter room. Over near the bat'leth arena. Or the Area before the boss fight in Brotherhood of the Sword.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    uiabuiab Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    how tall is your toon? Below 1.8m the engine has bounding box problems.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    I've heard of this bug before, it does occur rarely. perhaps make your character taller as uiab suggest. :P
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I know sometimes having a short toon will make it difficult to trigger the account bank on the Temporal ships unless you jump on top of them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I tried to replicate this yesterday with one of my normal-height Klingon captains and I could not.

A visit to the tailor might fix this for you.
  • Options
    runebear37runebear37 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I've had the same problems on my Klingons, but only started for me when I reached Commander. After Captain, they stopped.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is a step in the Outskirts in the Voth Battlezone that gets you stuck. Only the first step in this one spot. It is not unusual to find things like this scattered about.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I mean still, it is possible that it's sinking. I mean, it's supposedly the new First City, since the Iconian War. But, all it really looks like is they swept up the rubble, changed the lighting, and called it a day.

Add to that, that Qo'nos is being terraformed to recover from the Praxis incident.

So.. it's possible.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Collision is just wierd in STO, especially with things like stairs, most games the age of STO make stairs as a ramp as far as collision is conserned (as in they look like stairs but the character is walking on a flat ramp instead and you won't notice the difference most of the time) to avoid issues like this.
  • Options
    Most games also make gameplay independent of cosmetic character customization. The size of the character should not affect movement or collision detection.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Heh, what game has it so that the game doesn't use our actual character model's size for hit scan?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, all my Captains are max height for their race, so if it is Character size related, then I should not have that problem in the Outskirts.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Best solution is just to raze the city.

Not a typo.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,321 Community Moderator
    ^ He's not wrong.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »

Not a typo.​​

Raze or raise? There's a bit of difference between the two.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »

Not a typo.​​

Raze or raise? There's a bit of difference between the two.

I did say I'd not mistyped.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    Actually given that most of First City is made of stone you can't raze it properly. Blowing it up and rebuilding it is doable I guess though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Actually given that most of First City is made of stone you can't raze it properly. Blowing it up and rebuilding it is doable I guess though.

Enough photon torpedoes and I'll melt that stone.

BRB, just cloaking some Warbirds. No reason...

#TASforSTO

• Options

You do realize that one photon torpedo has enough power to level New York City, right? A high yield would decimate the state.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »

You do realize that one photon torpedo has enough power to level New York City, right? A high yield would decimate the state.

I'm not shelling New York though. I'm shelling First City.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    I recommend HY plasma, just for the rock melting action.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

what has that got to do with walking up a flight of stairs?
    christ4u wrote: »
    I recently hopped on my KDF character after being absent from the KDF side for awhile and discovered when I visited the tailor and decided to run back to the central chamber near Worf's location, I was unable to step up, that is climb the stairs. I literally had to jump each step of the way.

The same thing happened when I went to select a new ship at the shipyard, when done, I was unable to merely run up the stairs, it did not allow me to do so. Same instance when running to the exchange, the floor does not allow for fluid and steady running.

Is Qonos sinking? When do we expect a bug fix? lol

would of been better off having a clean ramp instead of stairs honestly.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options

what has that got to do with walking up a flight of stairs?
    Blow up the old broken stairs and build new ones that work properly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

#TASforSTO

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.