test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new command dread mastery

telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
So this new mastery trait, on using any command ability or Aux2SIF, buffs the hull, regen, speed, and turn rate for all nearby allies, including hangar pets/fighters.

How do you guys think this stacks up to the scramble fighters trait for a carrier build? Scramble is relatively expensive and only buffs/ heals your pets, while this new trait also applies to allies and can be used every 15 seconds with aux2sif.

Im running a t'laru kelvin timeline Intel carrier warbird on my romulan, with elite scorpions and the hive defenses and wing commander traits, and have been wanting the scramble fighters trait for a while now, but its just too expensive- usually over 100 mil EC on pc exchange.

Thinking this trait might be a good substitute.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    So this new mastery trait, on using any command ability or Aux2SIF, buffs the hull, regen, speed, and turn rate for all nearby allies, including hangar pets/fighters.

How do you guys think this stacks up to the scramble fighters trait for a carrier build? Scramble is relatively expensive and only buffs/ heals your pets, while this new trait also applies to allies and can be used every 15 seconds with aux2sif.

Im running a t'laru kelvin timeline Intel carrier warbird on my romulan, with elite scorpions and the hive defenses and wing commander traits, and have been wanting the scramble fighters trait for a while now, but its just too expensive- usually over 100 mil EC on pc exchange.

Thinking this trait might be a good substitute.

Since the ship itself is pretty crappy from layout ect... my guess is that would be one of the very few selling points. Why else would one buy the ship unless somebody likes the design.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    well scramby fighters buffs damage and heals your pets as well as making them immune to dmg for a little. This trait buffs their hull cap and regen but doesn't sound like it heals them and the speed and turn I don't see helping much except if your zipping to a new pack of mobs it could keep ships closer but I don't think the turn rate will help any pets that are to dumb to face their targets.

So I dunno.. sounds like its a nice little buff but really hard to call it a sub since it's not helping what scramble fighters does. Guess it all depends on how much regen they get from it
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    While this trait is slotted, activating any Command Bridge Officer Ability or Auxiliary Power to the Structural Integrity Field will grant your team and hangar pets a buff to hull capacity, regeneration, bridge officer cooldown speed, flight speed, and turn rate for a short duration.

So activating Aux to Structural (which you can easily have 100% uptime on) grants the following bonuses to team and pets
    +hull capacity (borderline useless)
    +hull regen (potentially useful)
    +boff CD speed (potentially useful)
    +flight speed
    +turn rate

The actual stats are not listed so we don't know if the bonuses are +0.01% boost or 100% boost. So until then, we can't say for sure. Considering it's a c-store ship, there will probably be limitations that make the trait meh at best. Either low boost percentages or timer lockouts that prevent the trait from benefiting us all the time. Again, difficult to say until we can see it's stats and then see the actual performance results from in-game testing.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I like the Sarr Theln's "your heals heal your pets" trait, but I haven't been playing any of my carrier characters recently so I haven't tried Scramble Fighters yet.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Might be worth some experimentation.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @doctorstegi said:
    > telbasta7386 wrote: »
    >
    > So this new mastery trait, on using any command ability or Aux2SIF, buffs the hull, regen, speed, and turn rate for all nearby allies, including hangar pets/fighters.
    >
    > How do you guys think this stacks up to the scramble fighters trait for a carrier build? Scramble is relatively expensive and only buffs/ heals your pets, while this new trait also applies to allies and can be used every 15 seconds with aux2sif.
    >
    > Im running a t'laru kelvin timeline Intel carrier warbird on my romulan, with elite scorpions and the hive defenses and wing commander traits, and have been wanting the scramble fighters trait for a while now, but its just too expensive- usually over 100 mil EC on pc exchange.
    >
    > Thinking this trait might be a good substitute.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Since the ship itself is pretty crappy from layout ect... my guess is that would be one of the very few selling points. Why else would one buy the ship unless somebody likes the design.

I'll be buying the ship because I like the layout thanks.

Same here.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The trait looks like a good substitute for Scramble Fighters.

It probably won't be quite as good, but you can get it from a C-Store ship so it's a much cheaper alternative. Scramble Fighters is absolutely one of the most over rated, over priced things on the exchange. Scramble Fighters costs more then some Lobi Ships.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The trait description has not listed the range for whoever can get the buffs. There's a number of PBAOE buffs after you do some certain action. Some have a 10km range, but there's a bunch that have a very low PBAOE range, something useless like 3km.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    It's going to depend on numbers, particularly the range like warmaker001b said. Also depends on if it stacks, which could be interesting on the few Command equipped hanger ships (though, your T'Laru wouldn't benefit).

Speed could be a deal maker if it's high enough. Most hangars aren't fast enough when zipping between areas and usually lag behind a fair bit, and I can't help but think that faster turnrate on top would actually get them to align forward weapons now and then compared to virtually never that hangar ships do currently. Usually one out of my four Jem'Hadar Bug Pets is actually laying into an enemy with their duals, so at least some of the AI can actually handle cannons if they have the speed and turnrate (which I think they have near the player versions stats).

Though, rather than make yet another starship trait compete for your limited five slots, I'd much prefer they just buff most of the pets. The Jem'Hadar Vanguard frigates have that neat speed boost thing that helps them keep up (and sometimes over-take) with the carrier, which would make most of the problems with being left behind go away if back-ported to the rest of the hangar pets.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Scramble Fighters costs more then some Lobi Ships.
    It costs about half a lobi ship.
This discussion has been closed.