test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts and Feedback on ''...of Discovery''

13»

Comments

• theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I believe it was kinda covered in a lore blog that Kira never ASKED to be Kai in the first place. It was basically pushed on her by the people. With the return of Kai Opaka, Kira stepped down and had her Starfleet Commission, that was given to her during the Dominion War, reinstated.
    I figured as much.

My point is that leaving a major bit of character development out of the actual game leaves the game looking unfinished or badly written or even rushed.

Blogs are fine for side characters or minor interactions with main characters, but for a story element as heavy as the position of Kai... Leaving that out of the game proper seems like a hurried decision.
    Kira talks about it in the mission where you go retrieve Opaka who she's giving the position of Kai to. Could there have been more detail? sure. But it is at least mentioned in-game.

Sometimes that's all it takes, a comment made in passing. I'll look into it once I've found some interest in entering the game. Having a bit of the burn out, you know.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    patrickngo wrote: »
    believe whatever makes you feel better, Azrael, but I'll simply point out that 2 years is what they take for post-LoR expansions that drop all-at-once
    Nope
    Legacy of Romulus - 21 May 2013
    Delta Rising - 14 Oct 2014(17 months)
    Agents Of Yesterday - 6 Jul 2016(21 months)
    Victory is Life - 5 Jun 2018(23 months)

The time between AoY and ViL was the longest span between expansions, and it came close to 2 years, but wasn't quite.
    ViL is probably one of the more visibly rushed expansions they've EVER done, with a 'final mission' that basically has a whole bunch of wrapping of storylines at the end of it that are done by wandering around being told after the mission's 'play it' combat phase is finished-and it was shorter than Agents of Yesterday.
    So it ends like every other storyline in STO does?
    also, nobody is going to officially say "They made us do it" in promotion material-that would be idiotic conduct, but CBS owns the license and they definitely needed a boost for Discovery after a year of bad press.
    There was no "year of bad press" for Discovery, the show constantly broke numbers, and the only people who complained were a bunch of hardcore "fans" of Star trek.
    had to kill exploration clusters for the same reason.
    The exploration system was axed because it sucked, and was fundamentally broken in that it wasn't actually able to make true exploration missions, not because they lacked the resources to maintain it. Exploration clusters weren't like the Foundry which broke every other updates and required constant fixing. It was never a matter of resources, it was a matter of it being TERRIBLE content.

Show constantly broke numbers? What numbers? CBS all access numbers? numbers that barely existed and Discovery therefore shattered?

"According to CBS Interactive, CBS All Access added more subscribers in a single weekend than ever before, breaking the previous record set during the 2017 series premiere of Star Trek: Discovery by +72%. In addition, this weekend also set a new record for unique viewers on CBS All Access."

Wow.. Discovery breaks the record for the most subs to CBS all access in a single weekend ever! Let's IGNORE the AFC Championship.. Wow so good!
This discussion has been closed.