test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game has been virtually unplayable for over a week now due to account server issues in my region.

zkyleachzkyleach Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I haven't seen others having this problem. My ISP is Spectrum (U.S. TWC & AT&T, corrupt and untrustworthy so they could be at fault).

I get kicked about every 5 minutes from the game. I'm experiencing massive latency spikes at times as well. I am not seeing this outside the game. Traceroute and ethereal (wireshark) show no issues with my internet itself. Even doing admiralty often times out when I attempt to submit missions.

This has become so frustrating that I've started playing other games rather than deal with the stress. Not sure if this is on Arc's end or not, but I figured I'd report it.

Comments

• halfmoon10halfmoon10 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Sadly it seems there is never a response to this issue that completely destroys the game ! One thing to really consider to devs is please put restore points all through the game so we dont have to start from scratch when we get kicked off all the time. I find the newer episodes suffer the worst and are getting unplayable due to insane lag and spikes. One thing is for sure and that is it is the game end that is broken, not the players ! If other online games work well ! why cant this one ???
  • tiberius#2751 tiberius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    2+ Years Iv'e been playing STO. Now it's unplayable! WTF!
  • isilvraisilvra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Exactly the same issue. Been unplayable since early July. I last between 5 seconds and 5 minutes before getting kicked out say the connection tor the server timed out. Contacted support and all they could tell me is that it is a bug and they didn't have a fix for it. They just told me to post it here.
  • darkwilow13darkwilow13 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I'm in the same exact boat. I can do ANYTHING else on the internet with ZERO issues, even playing other online MMO's and I have severe issues getting that god damn login server to let me pass. THEN if I do get in I'll get SNR's like MAD. I've found that playing during non peak hours doesn't help much with this issue either.

They need to look at their user threading to find out why some of us are being perpetually denied the pleasure of playing a game we've played for nearly a decade.