test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy Map Should Work Like This:

pino31pino31 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
Tighter systems on the sto galaxy map like ds9 bajor and the wormhole should expand like an android folder or zoom and expand like in generations stellar cartography where it can reveal tighter systems further apart making it easier to select them.

Skip to 2:15 on the video and you'll see how I think the STO galaxy map might be enhanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ymn8elCvkM&feature=youtu.be&t=136

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    I prefer the galaxy map as it is now. Also, shouldn't this be in the feedback forum? Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I don't see how that would help us navigate Sector Space.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I use my mouse wheel to zoom in, it works fine.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yes, this should be in the feedback forum.

And I concur with everyone else, I like the map as it is. I can zoom in/out with my mouse wheel.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fatherfungus#6584 fatherfungus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Here is my suggestion as an OPTION (can be turned on or off per character)
    When you set a particular destination on the galaxy map (required) you are transfered to your bridge and ship interior
    WHILE your ship heads to the destination. Window display moving stars while moving and still stars when stopped
    at arrival. Main view screen shows view forward of ship moving on galaxy map.
    Ship still moves on galaxy map, player does not see it, everyone else out there does.
    You can switch to regular galaxy map from captains chair.
    Anything weird happens drops you back to galaxy map view.
    Bridge/interior only works on galaxy map.
    No guests while on galaxy map.
    Any pop up Conversations go on main viewer.

That is how to do it.
    Galaxy map in current form is a yawn and why do they bother item.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    One thing I would like to see, would be for transwarping to be able to select the point on the minimap instead of the drop down. Do you know how many times I have chosen Gon'Cra instead of Qo'noS?