test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did they change the voice actor for Kal Dano?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
I was playing the mission Stormbound and I noticed Kal Dano's voice was much deeper now. Did they change voice actors for him or something?

Edit: Yeah, they did change it! His voice switches in the mission! xD Some lines are with the old voice actor, some are with the new one. And they sound nothing a like. lol
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Actually I think it was longer than just over a month. I noticed when I pushed my Discovery character through the story. And I THINK my Jem'Hadar as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    One possible reason is that Cryptic agreed to only use union voice actors from now on.

So if they want to add new lines to an existing character, in some cases they need to replace the actor.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    It was because they added a lot more dialoge for the character and the original actor wasn't available. So instead of having two different set of voices they just re-recorded the entire dialoge for that character.
This discussion has been closed.