test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE warp sound

discovery warp TRIBBLE noise plays every time someone engages warp, regardless of the ship. getting really annoying. My Wells class shouldn't make that noise, either should any of the other ships that are NOT Crossfield class. please fix asap.

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Can't fix something that isn't broken. If you are playing a DSC toon, you are going to get DSC sound effects, if you play an AoY toon, you are going to get AoY sound effects. Which sounds you get are tied to the character, not the ship, same for visuals like transporters, ship scans etc. It's all tied to the character.

Unfortunately, the only way to not get the DSC warp noise is to not play a DSC toon.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the only way to not get the DSC warp noise is to not play a DSC toon.

Actually the DSC warp noise plays for all factions, which is broken.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »

The DSC sound I'm hearing seems to be mainly the initial "revving up" of the engines before going to warp/transwarp. To my ears, the actual warp-out sound seems to be the original.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    discovery warp **** noise plays every time someone engages warp, regardless of the ship. getting really annoying. My Wells class shouldn't make that noise, either should any of the other ships that are NOT Crossfield class. please fix asap.

Same here. Go to warp out on non AoD toons, get the DSC wind up, then the "standard" warp out. Put in at least three tickets in as many days and getting the feeling I am being ignored. Not good devs, not good.
    Oh, I do have a video of the "infected" audio effect.
    Post edited by dariustural on
  • atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »

The DSC sound I'm hearing seems to be mainly the initial "revving up" of the engines before going to warp/transwarp. To my ears, the actual warp-out sound seems to be the original.

Same here, and it's not just one person saying it, so.....fix it.
  • northrimnorthrim Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I hate this! I have no TRIBBLE toon and can confirm that I have the TRIBBLE "warp sound" on every character. Fix this plox. D:
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    northrim wrote: »
    I hate this! I have no TRIBBLE toon and can confirm that I have the TRIBBLE "warp sound" on every character. Fix this plox. D:

Even my KDF ships have this warp sound...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
    It is growing beyond annoyance now.

• iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    wasn't playing a dsc toon, and like others said, it's kinda playing both sounds... glad it's not just me. hopefully they will fix it soon :/
  • gen0sis8703gen0sis8703 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yeah this is a bit annoying. It sounds like your ship is ripping one before it warps out. Its almost like instead of making it different per toon they just put a blanket sound effect for all. Seems lazy IMO.
  • snowstrykersnowstryker Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also getting the AoD warp sounds and I'm flying a T6 Bellerophon class Science Vessel. Also is it me or are a lot of player's ships not warping out of a Deep Space Encounter/Mission Area properly?
    ~The fire inside becomes the dullest shade of me...~
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    I am also getting the AoD warp sounds and I'm flying a T6 Bellerophon class Science Vessel. Also is it me or are a lot of player's ships not warping out of a Deep Space Encounter/Mission Area properly?

The bug is on their radar to be fixed. For a long time there has been a problem with a lot of ships not warping out of a Mission Area properly. It seems to be those ships that are of lowered tiers warp out correctly in certain areas but do not in others. Do not know about higher-tiered ships but it might be the same principle. With so many ships sounds like a difficult bug to fix. Not impossible just difficult. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    sthe91 wrote: »

The bug is on their radar to be fixed. For a long time there has been a problem with a lot of ships not warping out of a Mission Area properly. It seems to be those ships that are of lowered tiers warp out correctly in certain areas but do not in others. Do not know about higher-tiered ships but it might be the same principle. With so many ships sounds like a difficult bug to fix. Not impossible just difficult. Thanks. :)

Well, all my toon's ships are Tier 6, and I deleted my disco toon shortly after the AoD. If it's on their radar, why has it been over 5 months thus far with no fix or at least an update?
    Still no update? This may sound childish, but it is really beginning to make my game playing experience diminish.
    Any updates from the Devs?
  • iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    they are too busy shoving the TRIBBLE junk down our throats to bother fixing bugs apparently...
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    they are too busy shoving the TRIBBLE. junk down our throats to bother fixing bugs apparently...

They are fixing bugs, look at the patch notes before you say such unfounded accusations, they are just not the bugs you want fixed but they are fixing bugs. Also, you decide whether you play the Star Trek: Discovery content. No one is shoving anything down your throat. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.