What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New (discovery) reputation incomming

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Another reputation.....meh. :|

Funny part for me is how after the cool step forward we took with the endeavor system such a step backwards now makes the head hurt. :/

Applause to whoever is responsible for that decision at Cryptic!!!

3l0Z.gif
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yay, another reputation grind. So that's 40 days to get the rep to T5 and another 30 to get it to T6?

So basically 70 days and over 2000 marks of tiresome project slotting. I can hardly wait to experience such 'fun'. :|

Yeah...

And it's ST:D based too.

Looks like this is the first rep I WON'T be doing.

Kind of suffering from reputation fatigue as well.
    The fact that it is inspired by that ST:D travesty does not inspire me to play it either. Was actually hoping to get the whole disco stuff over and done with so the story could move away from all that ***.

Might get the disco rep up to T5 if the marks are available from the choice marks boxes.
    If the disco marks are only available from disco content then for me that rep will sit at Tier 0 until the day the disco marks ARE made a part of the choice boxes.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Guess I'm alone in looking forward to this lol
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    kekvin wrote: »

No. The Costume Fiend in me is looking forward to whatever visuals come with the ground set. Also wondering if this will give us access to Discovery era ground weapons of Fed and KDF design.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    OK. This thread took a left turn back there somewhere and stopped any discussion about the upcoming Discovery Reputation.

If you'd like to continue that off topic discussion it is here: NEW THINGS BESIDES ANOTHER REPUTATION TRACK

Otherwise, let's please stay on topic. Thank you. :smile:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    How would people feel if any new reputation started at Tier 4 with the option to be expanded to Tier 6.
    This would make the reputation grind a little less while still having a reward option at Tier 5.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    How would people feel if any new reputation started at Tier 4 with the option to be expanded to Tier 6.
    This would make the reputation grind a little less while still having a reward option at Tier 5.
    Then the first 4 tiers might as well not even exist.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    After twelve reputations already active the challenge will be in finding a niche for the DSC reputation that means anything and is not just a reskinned mishmash of previous rep stuff. In the new show nothing but the now-downplayed spore drive and this season's time suit stand out, the show itself is way too generic and simple action candy to be a good source of ideas to build a rep around.

Personally I am curious what they will come up with, and I hope the devs find something unique enough to be interesting instead of just a slight variance on Temporal or Terran or whatever.
    edited April 2019
    After twelve reputations already active the challenge will be in finding a niche for the DSC reputation that means anything and is not just a reskinned mishmash of previous rep stuff. In the new show nothing but the now-downplayed spore drive and this season's time suit stand out, the show itself is way too generic and simple action candy to be a good source of ideas to build a rep around.

Personally I am curious what they will come up with, and I hope the devs find something unique enough to be interesting instead of just a slight variance on Temporal or Terran or whatever.

I’m afraid the only “interesting” part of it all will be to see to what extend the unlockable gear options will have an impact on current builds.
    animated.gif
  • pelon56pelon56 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

No. The Costume Fiend in me is looking forward to whatever visuals come with the ground set. Also wondering if this will give us access to Discovery era ground weapons of Fed and KDF design.

I would love to see red angel armour
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Any other pics from test server about the new rep? pics of armor or the new passives, weapons, ship gear, T5 ability?
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    I dread the coming of yet another reputation. Something needs to change with the reputation system because this is too much, keeping track of 12 different reps on new toons was bad enough but 13? God like come on there has to be a limit eventually.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    One of the major problems with doing a Discovery rep is that it's going to be what? More Disruptor and Phaser weapons? Do we really need more of them?
    edited April 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    As for the activation...not having a queue and letting you just willy nilly cancel activation is either a bug or some of the most inept coding for a MMO I have ever seen. I am being nice and calling this a bug. If you want to take a stance that this is working as intended and the devs are utter morons...well...that's on you. But I don't think that is the case. Also unless you think me pressing the button to activate OSS while cloaked and NOT pressing ANY OTHER BUTTON and STILL not have it activate is due to somehow me canceling the activation...yeah...bull. So good try there...but you aren't even close...not even hand grenade close.
    There are a couple of reasons for me to check with STO forums regularly. Your posts are surely one of them.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    animated.gif
    westx211 wrote: »
    I dread the coming of yet another reputation. Something needs to change with the reputation system because this is too much, keeping track of 12 different reps on new toons was bad enough but 13? God like come on there has to be a limit eventually.

Yep almost feels like Cryptic has the same relationship with bad releases as an alcoholic has with alcohol. The moment you see it gets better (Endeavors) and you managed to become dry, BAM! Relapse. :(
    animated.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

I don't mind it....new stuff is always nice, I just wish things were more competitive, sometimes the gear sets just don't compete.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Do you think you folks can have your "discussion" without insulting one another? :unamused:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.