test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moved or REmoved efficient impulse engine

lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
The 'efficient impulse engine' was a mission reward for 'past imperfect' that was removed in S15 launch. Since the engine cant be earned from a removed mission, and apparently can't be crafted,

HOW do I get one for my low-level toon ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead
giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Someone with Engineering R&D school can craft many kinds of engines as Mark II VR. Apply a Phoenix or Superior Engineering tech upgrade and it can level up with you.

It just takes white mats and 5 minutes, so if you don't have the skill someone you know can do it, or you can pay a few credits to buy one. On PC I wouldn't expect it to cost more than around 50,000 credits.

Edit: I can't log in to check what engines are craftable other than Combat, Hyper, normal. Efficient might not be craftable.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Yeah, Dave's advice is best if you want engines or any other equipment for new captains. You can craft at Mk II VR and then slap a Superior, Phoenix or Omega (if you did any Omega farming during anniversary) on it and then it will level with you.

Personally, the Efficient engine you're talking about isn't much better than a crafted one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Someone with Engineering R&D school can craft many kinds of engines as Mark II VR. Apply a Phoenix or Superior Engineering tech upgrade and it can level up with you.

It just takes white mats and 5 minutes, so if you don't have the skill someone you know can do it, or you can pay a few credits to buy one. On PC I wouldn't expect it to cost more than around 50,000 credits.

Edit: I can't log in to check what engines are craftable other than Combat, Hyper, normal. Efficient might not be craftable.

I will look again but I don't remember seeing that unique impulse engine as a craftable option, and sadly ot's not tradable since it's a mission reward, character bound on claim. Even stowiki shows it's only available at one place in the universe- the reward for a mission tha has now been removed.

It was essential levelling up gear.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

No, Efficient is not craftable. Just the normal, combat and hyper. The Efficient has the icon of the normal engine. And my personal preference when I can't get sets is the combat.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    Yeah, Dave's advice is best if you want engines or any other equipment for new captains. You can craft at Mk II VR and then slap a Superior, Phoenix or Omega (if you did any Omega farming during anniversary) on it and then it will level with you.

Personally, the Efficient engine you're talking about isn't much better than a crafted one.

I came within a few seconds of crafting a whole Aegis set to nurse my new lvl19 toon into range of early endgame rep sets because the efficient impulse engine is gone- then I realized the Breen set is still claimable, a few missions further down the road.

There's no way I'm throwing away a superior or omega upgrade on a crafted engine I'll be recycling in a few days, not when the perfect item is was ingame, and free.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    It is not craftable. One of my toons I had bought it on exchange. So you might try to see if it is on there, but there were so few when I searched for it that year. BUT the only sources are from Romulan players for "Smash and Grab" Mission. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Smash_and_Grab and Klingon: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Second_Star_to_the_Right,_Straight_on_'til_Morning …I honestly think they are Bound on Equip, not Pickup though, or at least the one I had got from exchange.
    edited April 2019
    kaggert27 wrote: »
    It is not craftable. One of my toons I had bought it on exchange. So you might try to see if it is on there, but there were so few when I searched for it that year. BUT the only sources are from Romulan players for "Smash and Grab" Mission. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Smash_and_Grab and Klingon: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Second_Star_to_the_Right,_Straight_on_'til_Morning …I honestly think they are Bound on Equip, not Pickup though, or at least the one I had got from exchange.

At least that IS some good news, I can replay from an earlier toon and gift it to my new toon.

Honestly, I don't know what the devs were thinking when they removed these early missions, and complete arcs. Both the Jem Hadar and Breen sets were almost required gear to get to endgame but with those two essentially removed since the missions cannot be accessed on a virgin toon without an invite to the mission from a vet doing a replay it's going to be extremely hard to get thru the Borg arc without an item set since the next free set is in the solenai arc. Thats lvl 50 (endgame), why bother when all the rep sets are then accessible ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

kaggert27 wrote: »

Meh, I just realized on a replay the item drop will be lvl scaled to the toon playing, so likely a lvl XI drop, that makes it unequippable on the lvl 23 toon I'm trying to equip. sigh
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I haven't played in almost a week but didn't they change things so that as long as one toon has completed all mission all other toons can now play any mission or something like that ? I personally never had too much of a problem getting through any content just by equipping the best of what was received from missions/drops. Then I made it easier on myself by crafting a decent set of VR Mk II gear, slapping an upgrade on it and then giving it to my new toons, upgrading it as I went.

Although some were a bit more difficult than others, I never ran across any missions that required any special gear/sets to get through. More recently I would just skip all skippable missions until I got to the ones that had the gear sets I wanted, get myself all equipped and then go back and play all the skipped missions. From what I believe the semi recent Dev blog said, my next new toon can now just go straight to those missions without having to do the skip routine.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
    edited April 2019
    arionisa wrote: »
    I haven't played in almost a week but didn't they change things so that as long as one toon has completed all mission all other toons can now play any mission or something like that ? I personally never had too much of a problem getting through any content just by equipping the best of what was received from missions/drops. Then I made it easier on myself by crafting a decent set of VR Mk II gear, slapping an upgrade on it and then giving it to my new toons, upgrading it as I went.

Although some were a bit more difficult than others, I never ran across any missions that required any special gear/sets to get through. More recently I would just skip all skippable missions until I got to the ones that had the gear sets I wanted, get myself all equipped and then go back and play all the skipped missions. From what I believe the semi recent Dev blog said, my next new toon can now just go straight to those missions without having to do the skip routine.

I spent 4 hours last night trying to trigger the Breen arc by doing Deferi patrols and ground missions in the Deferi battlezone. I even solo'd a Breen space encounter I stumbled on and couldn't get a Breen mission to appear in the 'available' list. I got the Nimbus arc to trigger, but am out of ideas short of begging in chat for someone to team me into a mission replay. I mean I REALLY want to do the mission in order, as I've never done them in order before. I'm certain none of my toons has ever done ALL episode missions.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The requirement was a Character needed to reach Level 65. Then all Missions were supposedly doable by all Characters. I think there is problems with Missions only listed in the 'Availible' Tab.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    The requirement was a Character needed to reach Level 65. Then all Missions were supposedly doable by all Characters. I think there is problems with Missions only listed in the 'Availible' Tab.

I can agree to that since all but 1 of my toons are lvl 65, and ALL of those actually played those arc's.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Quick question- do you apply the superior engineering tech upgrade AS your crafting the item, or can it be applied later after it's crafted to get the "level up with you' perk ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

lordmalak1 wrote: »

Quick question- do you apply the superior engineering tech upgrade AS your crafting the item, or can it be applied later after it's crafted to get the "level up with you' perk ?

You apply the upgrade after crafting. One superior upgrade will upgrade a lvl II item all the way up to VIII or sometimes XI, then it takes more upgrades to get it to XII-XV. But if you start out at Mk II VR then there's a much higher chance you'll also score UR or Epic along the way. Phoenix upgrades and Omega upgrades cost no dil to apply, but you can only craft Omegas after farming for traces during the Anniversary Event and Phoenix upgrades can only be gotten from Phoenix packs when a Phoenix event is going on. Then you can purchase Phoenix boxes in the dil store and get one free one per acct from the Ferengi at Drozana.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    edited April 2019

You apply the upgrade after crafting. One superior upgrade will upgrade a lvl II item all the way up to VIII or sometimes XI, then it takes more upgrades to get it to XII-XV. But if you start out at Mk II VR then there's a much higher chance you'll also score UR or Epic along the way. Phoenix upgrades and Omega upgrades cost no dil to apply, but you can only craft Omegas after farming for traces during the Anniversary Event and Phoenix upgrades can only be gotten from Phoenix packs when a Phoenix event is going on. Then you can purchase Phoenix boxes in the dil store and get one free one per acct from the Ferengi at Drozana.

Ohhh, I misunderstood. I thought the crafting lesson was an explanation how to make an autolevelling item. I already crafted 4 mk VI VR consoles and hoped I could get around having to upgrade them everytime my lowbie toon advanced. Guess not.

It REALLY sux my only Aegis set wasn't grandfathered in when the made the set account bound, it's toon bound, and I cannot gift it to the new toon who really needs it.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited April 2019
    I'm sorry to hear that. Still, the Aegis set is now obtainable on the Exchange and should be acct bound once slotted. They're not that expensive anymore, maybe around 1m apiece, I think.

But basically, putting an upgrade kit on a Mk II item turns it into a leveling item, since the upgrade window will only let you upgrade two times per ten levels till you run out of upgrade and have to put more on it. So getting someone to craft a new toon a Mk II item and putting an upgrade on it, the toon can keep upgrading as they level.

It's what I do.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Still, the Aegis set is now obtainable on the Exchange and should be acct bound once slotted. They're not that expensive anymore, maybe around 1m apiece, I think.

But basically, putting an upgrade kit on a Mk II item turns it into a leveling item, since the upgrade window will only let you upgrade two times per ten levels till you run out of upgrade and have to put more on it. So getting someone to craft a new toon a Mk II item and putting an upgrade on it, the toon can keep upgrading as they level.

It's what I do.

Thats a neat trick. So I craft a mk II item THEN throw a superior upgrade on it, and I wont have to upgrade it again till I want it lvl 13 ?
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Probably around Mk VIII or IX.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

It's what I do.

Thats a neat trick. So I craft a mk II item THEN throw a superior upgrade on it, and I wont have to upgrade it again till I want it lvl 13 ?
    :)

You can upgrade the item every ten levels upon applying an upgrade, twice (Such as, once you reach lvl 10 you can upgrade up to Mk IV). The upgrade system won't allow you to upgrade past your character's level. Once the tech points run out you need to add more upgrades. The best upgrades for this are the Phoenix, as they have the most tech points on them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.