test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Incredible Lack of News

The fire seems to be fading, there hasn't been much news in ages about any substantial content. A few bits here and there, a few small events like First Contact Day. But nothing much since end of January. I see there's a new reputation coming but no official announcement yet. Hope they throw us a bone soon.

Comments

• bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Exactly as I said, nothing substantial in any of those, except maybe the roadmap which gives very little information at all.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    So only story episodes are "substantial" to you? Fair enough, we've had to wait a bit for new ones.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin looks like another Doom thread....
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I don't know it's been like 5 days since the last event ended. We're actually about due for a different kind of crybaby thread. Usually it's the "event fatigue" variety that comes around when we have events back to back to back to back. Not the DDDDOOOOOOMMMMMM variety.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    We got a new event coming up soon and a major update next month.....I mean do we need updates every week?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    lianthelia wrote: »
    We got a new event coming up soon and a major update next month.....I mean do we need updates every week?

I guess so. Its not like we don't already get content more often than some of the BIG MMOs out there that have to wait years for the next expansion to get anything other than regulary scheduled events.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    lianthelia wrote: »

I guess so. Its not like we don't already get content more often than some of the BIG MMOs out there that have to wait years for the next expansion to get anything other than regulary scheduled events.

Yeah, but the difference in the quality between those that have to wait, and us shows. They get new challenging content. We get reskinned copy/paste mechanics.

Plus, with the other games, where it takes them a couple years to release something new. They actually work to fix as many bugs as they can. Cryptic just jumps from this episode to that one, with some events tossed in, and bugs that were reported at launch, still haven't been fixed.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    The issue at hand is that different people have different definitions of "meaningful" content. For some its story missions, for others its just new stuff in general. And even then... people complain that something isn't just given to them just for logging in, and then complain there's nothing to do. Hell... this very thread gives the false idea that there is absolutely NOTHING coming at all, despite all the news articles brought up by others about upcoming content.

STO is not an MMO juggernaught like WoW or TOR. Its a smaller game, with a smaller dev team.

Is it a perfect game? No. And frankly there never will be such a thing as a "perfect" game. The fact remains that we do get new things more often. So the complaint that there is no new content is pretty lame. Its just content the complaintant doesn't want.

Expecting WoW level quality story missions on a weekly basis or even a monthly basis is unatainable. Likewise Bug Fixes happen quite often compared to some games, yet they can only do so much a week. Expecting all bugs to be squashed is unatainable, especially in an MMO. And demands for a "bug fix season" where "all new content is halted until all bugs are fixed" is basically asking for the game to come to a grinding halt, and the second they add some new content, guess what? More bugs. Guess we'd better full stop halt on any further content until those bugs are fixed... oh wait... that fix just made a new bug. Guess this game might as well just go into maintenance mode as we're never gonna get any new content until every last bug is fixed, including the new ones.

This is simply a case of "You can't please everyone". It is well documented that Cryptic does ANYTHING, and someone is going to complain that it isn't what they want. They could even give things away in the C-Store for FREE... and someone will complain. People have complained about the inclusion of Kelvin Timline and Discovery content because "reasons". Mostly stupid personal bias ones. But that's getting a little too off track.

Never anything constructive. Always rantings about something they don't want when something is added.

You can't please everyone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,246 Community Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Seriously? :unamused: I'm not even going to post a link to every thread, post, livestream, or tweet that's been posted since January, but I'll just leave this here:

Forum: Galactic News Network
    Facebook: Star Trek Online
    Twitter: Star Trek Online
    Twitch: Star Trek Online

If you don't want to look at the information provided, that's on you. /Thread

uYR8r6R.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.