test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add the ability to cancel fleet projects

dragoshawdragoshaw Member Posts: 33 Arc User
So apparently according to the gm's even they lack the ability to cancel fleet projects. Even ones without anything donated yet. This would be a really good feature to add for times when someone accidentally selects the wrong project or such. Also it would really help with q and a.

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    The problem is that it would be extremely easy to abuse. Slot a project, drop your fleet marks, cancel the project. Rinse & repeat. A lot of big fleets tend to have a massive surplus on fleet marks and would celebrate this but I fear small fleets that still need to grow will get (even more) left behind by this practice.

Personally, I'd love getting rid of my marks this way but I can totally see why this is a bad idea.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Make cancelling a project take the same amount of time, or even more, than whatever the completion time for that project would normally be. While that wouldn't prevent abuse, it would at least limit it a bit.

Then again, I can't think of any real downside to just completing the accidentally assigned project, sure, it might delay slotting the project initially desired but there aren't any projects that cause bad things to happen when completed.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The problem is that it would be extremely easy to abuse. Slot a project, drop your fleet marks, cancel the project. Rinse & repeat. A lot of big fleets tend to have a massive surplus on fleet marks and would celebrate this but I fear small fleets that still need to grow will get (even more) left behind by this practice.

Personally, I'd love getting rid of my marks this way but I can totally see why this is a bad idea.

he is asking for the ability to cancel projects only if nothing has been donated... so if not a single mark or ec or anything has been given... you should be able to cancel that project, it was slotted by mistake. I am ok with that... but the moment anything, even 1 ec is donated. you are locked and committed to finishing the project.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Although the OP didn't specifically ask for that but did mention it. I would be all for that. If nothing at all has been donated then allow it to be cancelled (with no "Completion time" as in my suggestion). No way it could be abused so absolutely no down side to it but would be a great qol improvement for Fleet managers.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.