test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you re-engineer the Thompson?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I re-engineering two of my Thompsons but can't seem to do that with the others. Is there a bug or some reason why it isn't working now?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    As far as I know, the second Thompson on a Character can't even be upgraded past the Infinity Symbol. Two is the max per Character. The first can be upgraded and Re-engineered.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Yes, I re-engineered two of them and now I can't do it to any others on other toons.
    I definitely have some Thompson that can be re-engineered and some that can not!
    Do you have more than one on a Character?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Yes, I have six toons. Two have modifiable Thompsons and the other four do not
    What I was asking does any one toon have more than one Thompson?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    No, each toon only has one Thompson
    Then you should submit a Bug report and open a Thread in the PC Bug Forum down in the Support Section of the Forums.

One other question though, can those non-reenginerable Thompsons be Upgraded? And that includes the free one that takes off the Infinity Symbol and sets it to Mk XII?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • uiabuiab Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    all of your toons are lvl65?
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I have 3 in one character, one can be upgraded and re-ing. The other 2 cannot be upgraded.. also,i can only claim 3
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don't have multiples on any character.

I have 1 copy on 3 of my characters, all 3 are able to upgrade and re-engineer the gun.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    As I reported on the first day about upgrading of the additional copies on a Character. I could only claim two, however. You can't even get the second copy off the Infinity Symbol.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I was a bit disappointed that when you pop it into the Upgrade window it only goes to mk X for free (on max level toon), would have expected Mk XII. So discarded that and grabbed another level-less one. The tooltip says it does more damage than the mk x it turned into. So until an upgrade weekend I'll just use the level-less one.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    I was a bit disappointed that when you pop it into the Upgrade window it only goes to mk X for free (on max level toon), would have expected Mk XII. So discarded that and grabbed another level-less one. The tooltip says it does more damage than the mk x it turned into. So until an upgrade weekend I'll just use the level-less one.

I also found that odd as Mark XII has long been the standard.

Overall, I consider it a slight positive since that gives me a couple more chances at a rarity upgrade. If I could chose, I would have taken the weapon at Mark II.

Still, it's odd that this one weapon is a Mark X instead of XII.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    While I don't remember exactly which ones I have had a few pieces of "infinity" equipment go to Mk X when I went to upgrade them.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
    edited April 2019
    The first one for a Character will. With fudging you can claim at least a second but that won't move off of '...Infinity and Beyond'.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.