test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Federation Planetary Database: Priors World

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Captain, as you requested, the Planetary Database entry for Prior's World.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138013

Comments

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The Cardenas cometh.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Hopefully this will be available (along with other Federation planets) in an easy to access way (as in not having to use the general search engine on this site....).
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Hopefully this will be available (along with other Federation planets) in an easy to access way (as in not having to use the general search engine on this site....).

Somehow I doubt it, considering this is an (apparently too subtle) teaser ad for the next C-Store ship.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    "... Captain, do you know what year is it?
    -Of course I know, it's 2256. Do you know if KatI mean Vice Admiral Cornwell is alright?"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Another TFO? I'll assume we're going to murder the local population?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Defend against Klingons, possibly Mirror Universe forces, given the whole "ion storm" thing.

Cryptic said Operation Riposte would serve as a bridge to Rise of Discovery.

Uhhh, Dranuur Gauntlet MK III? Can't these colonies protect themselves?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Defend against Klingons, possibly Mirror Universe forces, given the whole "ion storm" thing.

We're it, we cannot be everywhere at the same time
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
      Any one else seeing a Stargate reference here?

You have Landry.
      You have the Prior's World.

I swear if we have the locals worshipping Origin, I will TRIBBLE my pants.

Bonus Points if there's an Iconian Gateway on-planet.
      Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
      2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
      3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
      4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
      5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
      6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
      7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
      8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
      edited April 2019
      If Earth can't protect itself how could a colony world?

I mean, V'Ger, the whale Probe, the Borg attack, the Breen attack, the Klingons almost attacking it. Earth, the very heart of the Federation, is so poorly defended its laughable. Why would a smaller border colony world be any different?

The most colony worlds tend to have are some shield generators so they can temporarily withstand bombardment until the Federation can rally some ships to come help them.

Send Shron or Jarok to help the colony. I'm busy wiping out scorpions on Nimbus!
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
      edited April 2019
      If Earth can't protect itself how could a colony world?

I mean, V'Ger, the whale Probe, the Borg attack, the Breen attack, the Klingons almost attacking it. Earth, the very heart of the Federation, is so poorly defended its laughable. Why would a smaller border colony world be any different?
      Well, to be fair, V'Ger, the Whale Probe and the Borg weren't some random armada. I don't think any other world would have faired better.

For the Breen, they wanted to make a point and they had a weapon no Federation ship had defenses against and the attackers were wiped out anyway. Also, the casualties were pretty low for such an attack. (according to STO)

No excuses for the Klingons, even though there is a reason they never attempted it.

On a related note, absolutely no freaking excuses either for what happened with the Vengeance, especially after the Narada almost destroyed Earth.

#TASforSTO
    • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
      didn't ID happen barely a year later from 2009? it takes time to build guns and shield generators, even with replicator tech​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
      didn't ID happen barely a year later from 2009? it takes time to build guns and shield generators, even with replicator tech​​
      They found the Botany Bay, then designed and built the freaking Vengeance, one of the most powerful ships in all Trek series, in that time! No excuses.
      #TASforSTO
    • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User

You have Landry.

Yeah, was a little confused by this Prior world. If there's some Landry as well, that's curious.
      TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
      Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
      Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    • hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User

Yup. The ion storm affecting an M-Class planet is suspicious.
      I also noted Prior's planets' CO2 levels is over twice that of Earth in 2019. My guess is Tardigrade flatulence??
    • ryzkenarin#7138 ryzkenarin Member Posts: 6 Arc User

You have Landry.

I've been marathon watching all of the Stargate shows, and this is the first thing I thought of when I saw Prior's World on the map lol. "Greeeeaaat. Here come the Ori."

Glad it wasn't just me. Maybe it's an intentional nod from the Discovery writers, considering how much blatant Trek-worship Stargate has put into their scripts.
      enjin-1234688-16833012-blue.png
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User

You have Landry.

I've been marathon watching all of the Stargate shows, and this is the first thing I thought of when I saw Prior's World on the map lol. "Greeeeaaat. Here come the Ori."

Glad it wasn't just me. Maybe it's an intentional nod from the Discovery writers, considering how much blatant Trek-worship Stargate has put into their scripts.

Hallowed are the Ori.
      Should be a no-brainer queue, protect some installations
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
        Hallowed are the Ori.
        Should be a no-brainer queue, protect some installations
        Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished. Those who reject the path to enlightenment must be destroyed.
        Hallowed are the Ori.
      • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
        edited April 2019
        Great toilet bowls shall be gathered and armed to fight all who embrace unclean booties. In the name of the digestive tract, bowels shall be built to carry the poo out among the stars and we will spread hygeine to all the unbelievers. The power of the poo will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be wiped. Those who reject the path to the bathroom must be flushed.
        Hallowed are the Ori.

Fixed that for you.
        Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
        2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
        3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
        4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
        5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
        6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
        7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
        8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
        Great toilet bowls shall be gathered and armed to fight all who embrace unclean booties. In the name of the digestive tract, bowels shall be built to carry the poo out among the stars and we will spread hygiene to all the unbelievers. The power of the poo will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be wiped. Those who reject the path to the bathroom must be flushed.
        Hallowed are the Ori.

Fixed that for you.

Perfect! I'll send the new version up the Ori chain to be ratified. I'm sure they'll love it!