test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Genesis Badge 1&2

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
As many know, these are the badges you get for having ran a foundry mission. Claimable in the promotions tab of the C-store.

However as a warning, as I just discovered, they are not usable by all outfits that allow one to wear a badge. For example, I can't use them with the Dyson uniform tops.

I've already dropped a report for in graphical issues in the support section. This is just a heads up to everyone for it.
Mm5NeXy.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I can confirm that it won't show up with the DS9 Admiral uniform.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Not on my DSC uniform or Kelvin Timeline Admirals uniform.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Also can't be worn on DSC away team vests, although to be fair most (all? Save DSC) can't.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    I just wish they would make badges universal....officers were known to wear badges even on their off duty clothes.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I will say in this case Romulans do kinda get the short end of the stick due to lack of uniforms that can use badges. Unless you're a lifer, as far as I can tell only the Intel uniform can use it. The rest are lifer outfits like the Veteran Longcoat and Dress Uniform.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I will say in this case Romulans do kinda get the short end of the stick due to lack of uniforms that can use badges. Unless you're a lifer, as far as I can tell only the Intel uniform can use it. The rest are lifer outfits like the Veteran Longcoat and Dress Uniform.
    As a GIGANTIC addendum to this... there are THREE costume parts. badge 1, badge 2, and an arm attach that goes on the right arm. It's a bit subtle, but it glows and seemingly goes with everything!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    As a GIGANTIC addendum to this... there are THREE costume parts. badge 1, badge 2, and an arm attach that goes on the right arm. It's a bit subtle, but it glows and seemingly goes with everything!

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised they didn't include it as a 'Emblem' too in the costume options. The only 'Emblem' so far in the listings is a Fleet Insignia - the Genesis thingy for Foundry stuff would have been be a nice addition here.
    That is true. The arm thing does exist. Hell... I've even been able to set it on sleeveless outfits. Would just be easier to see on a darker skinned character. Its doable though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    A sad reminder that such nonsensical restrictions as "outfits that allow one to wear a badge" even exist.
    warpangel wrote: »
    A sad reminder that such nonsensical restrictions as "outfits that allow one to wear a badge" even exist.

To be fair... most of the Romulan outfits don't play well with a lot of addon stuff either. Can't really use the Ennis Vest on the standard Republic uniforms due to extreme clipping.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

One of the reasons why I hate Cryptic for closing down a particular freedom granting "feature" that the tailor had. Do you mean badges/medals, or emblems? I don't know if the zen store Romulan/Reman outfits or the Fleet Embassy robes can.

For the fleet patch, Romulans/Remans have a bunch of outfits that can wear that.
    That is true. The arm thing does exist. Hell... I've even been able to set it on sleeveless outfits. Would just be easier to see on a darker skinned character. Its doable though.

The fleet patch? Yeah, I like how it gives a "tattooed" right bicep look on characters that have bare arms.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

To be fair... most of the Romulan outfits don't play well with a lot of addon stuff either. Can't really use the Ennis Vest on the standard Republic uniforms due to extreme clipping.
    But you got to try and decide for yourself if you can work with it or not. Someone else might come to a different conclusion.

The badge just shows the arbitrary nature of these restrictions. The arm version is wearable with anything. If you combine it with something wide-sleeved it's going to be covered, but you get to try anyway. The chest version is declared from on high as only allowed for certain shirts. And for what? You can still put on a chest gear or a collar that covers up or clips with the badge even when it's on an "approved" shirt.

The possible combinations grow exponentially with every item slot. It's impossible to go through all of them to pre-approve the ones that play well together. The player actually putting A and B together is the one who is at the best position to decide if the combination works or not.

But you got to try and decide for yourself if you can work with it or not. Someone else might come to a different conclusion.

The badge just shows the arbitrary nature of these restrictions. The arm version is wearable with anything. If you combine it with something wide-sleeved it's going to be covered, but you get to try anyway. The chest version is declared from on high as only allowed for certain shirts. And for what? You can still put on a chest gear or a collar that covers up or clips with the badge even when it's on an "approved" shirt.

The possible combinations grow exponentially with every item slot. It's impossible to go through all of them to pre-approve the ones that play well together. The player actually putting A and B together is the one who is at the best position to decide if the combination works or not.

I wish that they would just go ahead and unlock the tailor, and allow the person who runs the character to decide what combinations they want, provided that character/account has the outfits unlocked(wouldn't make sense for someone who is not LTS to have access to Borg or Talaxian parts, or someone who doesn't own a zen/lobi/reputation to play around with the parts). The game isn't canon anyways, and allows things such as pink uniforms with clown makeup and half-shaved curly as a hairstyle for example.

Oh, and bring back skin textures, such as the "injured" texture.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Primary color (round background) for Genesis 2 badges are using different color palettes, between male vs female BOffs using otherwise identical tops (23c Starfleet Uniform, in the case I've tried so far). Also, my captain can use it on Disc uniforms, but not my BOffs. Makes no sense. Who implemented this?

On a similar note, many of the TOS-style badges can be used on other non-TOS tops, while others can't. This has been broken since AoY came out. Are we ever going to get such things straightened out, or is that not a money-making, priority bug?
This discussion has been closed.