test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do Endeavour Quests Need To Be Soloable?

lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
I have a 3x TFO quest which in theory is fine, but in practice requires others to be queued for TFO play. Took me 30 minutes to get a single match to pop. Add on a 30 minute cooldown and that's getting a wee bit ridiculous! Might there need to be some rethinking about what quests are given?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Given how rarely the tfo tasks do happen compared to the other ones I don’t think we look at a problem here. If one has trouble completing a task use the re-roll tokens as I do. That’s what they are there for. :)

The general PvE population has been a problem for years and sadly cryptic only makes halfhearted attempts to fix it. Still, would removing PvE out of endeavors help the queue situation now or would it be even more counterproductive? Core of the problem remain a lot of PvE maps themselves. Fix them and all will be fine.

Perhaps a compromise would be to make all PvE related endeavors global ones and make them happen much more often there. Then personal endeavors could loose them and focus on stuff you can complete on your own.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I have noticed the queues, even randoms, seem to be more or less dead once again. Probably because with the now permanently-on zero-cooldown autowin spoilmark events, only endeavor hunters ever need to queue for anything else at all.

Best to just reroll the "3 queues" endo if you don't have time. Which, of course, just makes it worse for others waiting for peeps in the queues, but what can you do?

Cryptic, unique rewards for each queue already, please.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Wonder if cryptic are logging what endeavours get rerolled in order to improve the system by tweaking the chance of them coming up more or less often.

(Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

Personal endeavours should ideally be just that, a personal task and not one that relies on others to get done. The general ones being weighted more towards the group stuff given how long and tedious wait times can be. They could even give the randomiser a poke so that the endeavour has a higher chance of being spat out.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    Don't quote me out of context or use it to misinterpret my meaning either to troll.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Oddly enough, I cleared all three endeavors yesterday in one session of Gates of Grethor.....only had to wait a couple minutes for it to pop. 😉
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I mixed a global Infected: Conduit with heal <x> shields in space and kill Borg ships. Then I had a deal <x> tetryon damage ground, so went to Nimbus for that and did the three missions from Yamlun Nuck and got the rest from the worms at the tower and the Tal Shiar who tried to take it over.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    For most of the endeavors, there is an alternative to TFOs, like story missions and battle/adventure zones.

Offcourse there isn't an alternative for the play a certain tfo a couple of times. But in my opnion, it does queue pretty fast most of the times. Just queue for multiple TFOs that are falling in the category you need, for both advanced as normal difficulty, or even elite if you're up to that.

Now it certainly depends on the timezone you are in and in what part of the day you try, there are moments where queues are slow. If that's the case, and you really can't queue for the ones you need, you are able to re-roll your endeavor, if you have tokens for it.
    Yeah, you can re-roll any personal endeavor, but not the global, which is usually a certain TFO. Like today, it was Infected: Conduit. I got it to pop on Normal pretty quickly, so didn't take too long to do it and get out.

My personal ones were to heal <x> shields in space, destroy <x> Borg ships and do <x> tetryon damage ground.

Was able to do the TFO, first and second personal all together in ISN. Did the third on Nimbus.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Yeah, you can re-roll any personal endeavor, but not the global, which is usually a certain TFO. Like today, it was Infected: Conduit. I got it to pop on Normal pretty quickly, so didn't take too long to do it and get out.

My personal ones were to heal <x> shields in space, destroy <x> Borg ships and do <x> tetryon damage ground.

Was able to do the TFO, first and second personal all together in ISN. Did the third on Nimbus.

Universal Endeavor isn't always a TFO, and if it is, it should be easy to get in one, since a lot of players are queing for it in at least the first day of the particular endeavor. Infected Conduit is normally always a easy one to queue on advanced, since that one is a short borg one which it also uses to parse for DPS.
    Yes, I know. I'm not a parser though and only do TFOs for Endeavors. I know they pop very quickly for advanced, but I wanted to do normal since I don't really do advanced except for Crystalline when I need to farm the purple mat.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I have a 3x TFO quest which in theory is fine, but in practice requires others to be queued for TFO play. Took me 30 minutes to get a single match to pop. Add on a 30 minute cooldown and that's getting a wee bit ridiculous! Might there need to be some rethinking about what quests are given?

You can always skip it or re-roll if you have a token to do so.

I don't go out of my way to do the endeavors, if I can squeeze 'em in great, if not then no big deal. It's not like a it a race to be the 1st person to max out endeavor progression ASAP. But on rare occasion the RNG can work out for you. For example, my personal endeavors for today should be able to be completed all at once. It does not happen very often, but it is nice when you get something like the following:

- Antiproton Damage (Space)
    - Kinetic Damage (Space)
    - Destroy Terran Ships - 30 of 'em

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Most of the Endeavors are already solo. Its only when one comes up for a TFO that it isn't. They aren't that common.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    The only TFO endeavor I'd advise rerolling, Complete Competitive TFOs. You'll be in queue for 5 or 6 hours to get 1 done. A small 30 minute wait, yeah, that one is easy to do. I can do my other endeavors while i wait.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.