test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Borg VS the Galatic Empire who would Win and Way

1235»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Is it as old as the visible "energy field" that Luke's Landspeeder has under it?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The Borg
    Well it's based on Star Wars as it was originally released in theaters., so... maybe?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    well, keep in mind the year ANH came out in...special effects, while far better than the 60s or earlier, still ended up with quite a few...issues that couldn't really be hidden in the final product

that green flash on alderaan was likely nothing more than the byproduct of how they did the superlaser effect and subsequent planetary destruction - didn't stop someone from running with it and turning it into a planetary shield for alderaan in legends, though, but so far AFAIK, disney's version hasn't said whether the planet had one or not​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Galatic Empire
    I am a Star Trek fan first and foremost (duh) but the Empire is on their home turf and they have the resources to build planet killing weapons. The biggest advantage the Empire has is its hyperdrive capability, transwarp is similar but hyperdrive exists in a completely different dimension which a ship travels in. They can travel across their entire galaxy in a matter of days. The Borg can't match that. The Empire I believe would have to seriously evolve in their weapons technology to have a chance against a cube. The fleet would also have be more mobile then it is....TIE fighers and ISDs are useless. They need heavily armed corvettes & light cruisers to put up a fight against a cube. The Stormtrooper Core is also kind of junk so Imperial Navy Troopers would be your best bet. The Admirals are also idiots so Darth Vader would have to assume total control of the military to even have a chance. Repeating Blasters go out the window for Heavy Rifles & single shot pistols. Plus outfit a few Super ISDs with a Death Star style laser. If the Borg assimilate a planet...eliminate the planet.

It would be a challenge but the Empire could do it given proper direction, strategy and technological innovation. The Rebels would have a much better chance of beating the Borg then the Empire.

Starfleet beats the Borg constantly due to their ability to adapt and think on their feet. The Empire is what it is....they never evolve or change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    you don't need any kind of superlaser to eliminate the ability for the borg to make use of a planet - base-delta-zero is sufficient, because you can't do anything with a planet whose entire crust has been turned into molten slag...except mine any uncovered resources - if there even ARE any - but that's about it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The Borg
    you don't need any kind of superlaser to eliminate the ability for the borg to make use of a planet - base-delta-zero is sufficient, because you can't do anything with a planet whose entire crust has been turned into molten slag...except mine any uncovered resources - if there even ARE any - but that's about it​​
    So.... prevent the enemy from capturing your home base by burning it to the ground before they get there?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Scorched Earth policy kinda would only work in a retreat situation. Honestly I think the Empire would be more willing to glass a planet that the Borg have assimilated than the Federation would. But that's assuming the Borg haven't already set up a Unimatrix facility in orbit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    The Borg
    A lot of People on You Tube Do not understand Who are the Borg and Do not Understand them at all Its Kind Funny in away because I see as the Borg as a Computer Virus that infects Organic Matter and in order to Complex it self to Perfection to a Perfect Being Virus will infect everything until it gets whats it want! I am of course talking about the Borg Queen Its why the Galactic Star Empire will not have a chance agents them. for every-time they assimilate someone they get there Knowledge and experience that goes with it 99% of that is a good thing but 1% can be devastating. I am refereeing to the Star Trek TNG S05E23 I Borg. Where they learned the Drone to be independent and when that spreed through out the Cube they were Disconnected from the Collective. Bring Order from Chaos and doing with the Galactic Empire once the Borg Assimilated Enough people manly 5 Star systems they can control the entire Galaxy with out Resistance even from the Empire
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • lazarxlazarx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    It depends on what kind of story you wish to write. If it's a Star Wars based story, then the Borg need to win, if it's a Trek story, it's the other way around. That way you get to write a plot where the heroes have to bail out their traditional enemies.
    lazarx_2855.jpg