test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgrade weekend

When are we going to get an upgrade weekend? Normally it's short after a phoenix event, but we are already a moment after the end of the last phoenix event now.

I'm waiting on a upgrade weekend to upgrade a lot of gear with the phoenix upgrades.
Tagged:

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    You can try checking the calendar in the game.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Calendar isn't saying anything, besides the current events (featured TFO and 1st contact day event)
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I might care, if that was the only time you could upgrade, but it isn't, so I don't.

Well it does gives a bonus on the upgrades, so you need less upgrades.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Usually, we have one during the Omega Event.. but this year they seem to be more sparse.

It would be really nice if we could have one of these soon, I have recently changed up a couple builds and could use the weekend to make that final push to Epic on the new stuff I added. I could also use a Gold Tommy Gun. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Tommy Gun is a Mk X so there are more opportunities to increase quality. I was lucky, got UR at XII and Epic at XIII.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    When are we going to get an upgrade weekend?
    If it isn't on the in game calendar then nobody here will have the answer for you.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    The In-game Calendar has nothing on it except the currently running Featured TFO and the First Contact Day. It's OK, because if they put anything else on it, it would likely be wrong in some manner anyway. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Well I'm finally done upgrading all my omega particle stuff to shards and am currently turning them to upgrades so they can start an upgrade weekend anytime now as I should have my first batch of 25 by Wednesday.
    When are we going to get an upgrade weekend?
    If it isn't on the in game calendar then nobody here will have the answer for you.

I was hoping someone from cryptic would be able to tell it here, but that's probably not going to happen :(
    Thanks cryptic, for moving the upgrade weekend even further. It was already late after the phoenix event, and now we have to wait a couple of more weeks even.
    They just moved the Dilitium Bonus Weekend to next Week as they had too many things going at once (Featured TFO starts, Bonus Token Weekend).
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    They moved more than only the dilithium weekend.. sigh already have seen people wasting dil vouchers since they expected the dil weekend to be on.
    As I said in another Thread, don't they put an icon under your Character Potrait that shows the Bonus when it is in effect?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Thanks cryptic, for moving the upgrade weekend even further. It was already late after the phoenix event, and now we have to wait a couple of more weeks even.

Yeah, this really annoys me.

I was all set to do my upgrades next weekend, and they just move it a couple more weeks.

Lame.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    ltminns wrote: »
    As I said in another Thread, don't they put an icon under your Character Potrait that shows the Bonus when it is in effect?

They just announched dilithium weekend a day ago, and now they suddendly moved it and deleted the news post. Do you really blame players for not checking? I wouldn't expect they change it in so short a time, without any notice to the players.
    Even beyond that, there is always a question on the timing of when an Event starts so that is a confirmation. This is useful when Maintenence ends earlier than stated (say 12:15) and the Event doesn't start until 1:00. You have that 45 Minutes when the Event is not in place but the servers are back up.

It seems that the decision was made to make this a Bonus Token Weekend at the very last minute and then they decided to move Dilitium.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    really sad to see the upgrade weekend was moved, been waiting and waiting for one to roll in finally saw it than it gets bounced. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHH
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,248 Community Moderator
    Yeah, this thread's going nowhere, too. The event was moved. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.