test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Borg VS the Galatic Empire who would Win and Way

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    the starkiller beam travels through sub-hyperspace...whatever the fork that is...which if it's anywhere NEAR as fast as regular hyperspace means the empire doesn't need to hit the borg beachheads in the galaxy - they can just obliterate the borg at the source in the milky way​​
    I still have to contend that's only true if they can SEE them. The First Order needed to know the exact location of any target they fired it at. Guessing wasn't good enough. Also they didn't have the ability to do long-range scans detailed enough to pick out targets from lightyears away. I mean, it's a repeating major plot point that finding stuff is hard.

And even if the First Order had the ability to do long-range scans detailed enough to pick out targets from light years away, they still need to aim Starkiller Base at a target. Considering the size of Starkiller Base, it takes an immense amount of energy and considerable time to move Starkiller Base into position.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Don't need to block transporters. If you've got the Malevolence or the power core of a large Star Destroyer you've got an ion canon. The Malevolence disabled a fleet of Venatar's and Aclimaters. A Cube's not much more massive. Knock out the Cube and the Drones on it then DBZ it.
    ryuranger wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »

I find it very hard to read what you post when you capitalise every other work and don't use sentences.

Going by the gist of what you're saying, you're wrong. SW is massivly more advanced than the majority of ST races (including the Borg). SW are up to the stage where a small remnant of the Empire has converted a planet to a battlestation that uses stars as fuel and can fire on multiple targets through hyperspace and destroy them.

Also, in TCW you see Anakin pilot a small ship about as wide as a runabout and as long as four runabouts that has a cloaking device so Needa or Piett (or whoever it was) was wrong about the size of ship that can be equipped with a cloaking device.

Transporters are so easily countered in Trek depending on the plot that, again, depending on the plot of this vs battle the Empire could also interfere with.
    You are SO SO Wrong about the Transporters and the Shields. The one thing that Both the Federation has and the Borg have Special Shield Frequency Witch can Block Transporters, and the Borg a known to Brake the Shields frequency from time to time. The Shields for let say Imperial-class Star Destroyer there shield generator are on the bridge and they are many for blaster fire and Torpedoes fire if you remember in Empire Strikes Back that several Imperial-class got blown up because of asteroids while federation shields and Borg Shields actually deflects them its not perfect but it stronger then what Imperial-class have
    [url="http://"]https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-the-spaceships-in-Star-Trek-collide-with-any-rocks-or-planets-while-they-are-traveling-at-warp-speed[/url]

If you remember ESB you'd know the ISDs were damaged by asteroids not destroyed and the shields of the Executor tanked an ISD that crashed into it. Two Imperial Is in Rebels survived a solar flare and the DSIIs incomplete shield array tanked the Executor.
    If you'd seen Trek you'd know that bypassing shields is exactly as easy as it is in SW. I.e. if the plot requires bypassing the shields then the plot will bypass the shields.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    The Borg
    The only problem the Borg would face in Darth Vader and Darth Sidious, however they will either adapt to the Force or just eventually overwhelm them with trillions of drones.

Either way they will eventually assimilate the two.

Anyway what would happen if Darth Vader for instance got assimilated by the Borg, would he be able to use the force?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Anyway what would happen if Darth Vader for instance got assimilated by the Borg, would he be able to use the force?

I don't believe so. We've seen the Borg assimilate species that have Non physical abilities like Betazoids. The Borg do not exhibit the ability to read the minds of others.

There's more to the Force than just something biological. And I feel it might be something the Borg will never adapt for themselves.
    If you remember ESB you'd know the ISDs were damaged by asteroids not destroyed and the shields of the Executor tanked an ISD that crashed into it. Two Imperial Is in Rebels survived a solar flare and the DSIIs incomplete shield array tanked the Executor.

I don't remember an ISD slamming into the Executor in ESB. I remember seeing the command tower of an ISD get totally pulverized. As for the DS2... its sheer SIZE is a defense. Also it didn't have shields at the time because it was reliant on the shield generator on Endor, which had been destroyed earlier allowing Rebel fighters to get inside the structure. So it wasn't the shields that tanked it. It was bare hull.

Basically the Executor slamming into the DS2 is the equivelent of the missiles hitting bare hull on the City Destroyer in Independence Day. Yea it caused damage, but the sheer size was enough to basically render that damage pointless.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

I don't remember an ISD slamming into the Executor in ESB. I remember seeing the command tower of an ISD get totally pulverized. As for the DS2... its sheer SIZE is a defense. Also it didn't have shields at the time because it was reliant on the shield generator on Endor, which had been destroyed earlier allowing Rebel fighters to get inside the structure. So it wasn't the shields that tanked it. It was bare hull.

Basically the Executor slamming into the DS2 is the equivelent of the missiles hitting bare hull on the City Destroyer in Independence Day. Yea it caused damage, but the sheer size was enough to basically render that damage pointless.

Then there is the fact that the DS2 was in an incomplete state when it was destroyed. If the DS2 was in a complete state and the Empire had plans to install shield generators on it, then it would have been much more difficult to destroy.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The Borg
    I just thought of something hilarious that the Borg could theoretically do. Instead of beaming directly through a shield, beam drones into space near the ship and let them do a short EVA flight through one of the gaps in the shields. We know from First Contact that Borg drones can do EVA stuff without a special suit. So spacewalking on the hull of an ISD until they find an entry point is totally doable. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I just thought of something hilarious that the Borg could theoretically do. Instead of beaming directly through a shield, beam drones into space near the ship and let them do a short EVA flight through one of the gaps in the shields. We know from First Contact that Borg drones can do EVA stuff without a special suit. So spacewalking on the hull of an ISD until they find an entry point is totally doable. :p

Depends on the type of shield and what the shield does to slow moving objects. Star Trek shields seem to extend some distance away from the hull so the Borg drones would be walking on the shield and not the hull. Might be easier to create a spherical shield compared to a shield that matches the shape of the starship. However Borg drones are able to pass through force fields, so it might be possible for Borg drones to pass through starship shields. Just fire some drones at a ship and they will pass right through the shields and just need to find a way to get through the hull.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    rattler2 wrote: »

It clearly had some shields or else everything would be sucked out of those gaping holes on one half of it.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    It clearly had some shields or else everything would be sucked out of those gaping holes on one half of it.​​

Or... those sections are closed off with bulkheads until finished. If it follows some of the interior design elements of the first Death Star, its got those massive interlocking doors everywhere. Those could easily be used to seal off hull breaches, or in this case areas that are still under construction. Also a defensive shield is different from an airlock forcefield, which we know they have because of the fact just about every hanger aboard a ship in Star Wars is shown to be "exposed" to space without a hanger door.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    The Borg
    starkaos wrote: »
    Depends on the type of shield and what the shield does to slow moving objects. Star Trek shields seem to extend some distance away from the hull so the Borg drones would be walking on the shield and not the hull. Might be easier to create a spherical shield compared to a shield that matches the shape of the starship. However Borg drones are able to pass through force fields, so it might be possible for Borg drones to pass through starship shields. Just fire some drones at a ship and they will pass right through the shields and just need to find a way to get through the hull.
    We know SW shields don't hug the hull, and often have holes in them. Part of why fighters work in SW is that the shields used in ship to ship combat can't stop fighters from shooting the ship up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    The Borg
    Don't need to block transporters. If you've got the Malevolence or the power core of a large Star Destroyer you've got an ion canon. The Malevolence disabled a fleet of Venatar's and Aclimaters. A Cube's not much more massive. Knock out the Cube and the Drones on it then DBZ it. ​​
    There is one little problem which is the main reason why Star Wars do not stand a chance. The Borg or indeed just about any Star Trek ship can fight at above FTL speeds while Star Wars ships can only track, shoot and hit below FTL speeds from what I have seen. All the Borg or any Star Trek ship needs to do is fight at extremely slow speeds for them like around warp 1 and they are immune to Star Wars weapons and possibly sensors as well. Add in the longer range and better tracking/targeting and all a smart captain has to do is fly in a circle at warp 1 at a range outside Star Wars ships weapons. If they really want to be mean create a gravity well which has no impact on the Star Trek ships but disables all FTL on Star Wars ships so they cannot even escape.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    two star destroyers bumped hulls hard enough to jostle the bridge on one while chasing the falcon through hoth's asteroid field, but none ever collided with the executor - at least not in TESB; one collided with it while coming out of hyperspace in a comic

the executor survived the collision with minimal damage - the star destroyer did not survive at all​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Conversely, in Rogue One the Hammerhead cruiser was able to use one Star Destroyer to cut another one in half. However I also don't remember a Star Destroyer crashing into the Executor in Empire.

Probably because a Star Destroyer didn't crash into the Executor in Empire, but the Executor crashed into the Death Star Mk II in Return of the Jedi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbsIUX2LoJQ

Although, I am not sure how destroying the command bridge would cause the Executor to fall pointy end first to damage the Death Star. Either it would stay in position or hit the Death Star with its underside.
    The DS2 probably has a gravity well of its own due to size. The that would also probably require power fluctuations from the Executor. As for going in nose first... not sure.

Also the Star Destroyers in ESB didn't collide. They went evasive.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1EDigGPVWk
    Guess at sublight they don't have inertial dampers.
    the executor in legends was explained away as piett slamming into thruster controls as he jumped into the crew pit, sending the ship into an uncontrolled and irreversible dive (obviously, since the bridge was GONE by that point)

disney may or may not have also gone with that explanation; it IS a reasonable one​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited March 2019
    the first death star is and (as far as i'm aware), always was, 120 km in diameter

the second death star disney has at 160 km, i believe...though some nut had it at NINE HUNDRED during the legends era...where the hell that size came from, i have no idea​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Oh its worse actually. According to the Star Wars wiki, listed under the Canon article for both Death Stars (As they actually have seperate Legends articles) DS1 was 160 km wide and DS2 was 200 km wide.

Also DS1 had a Class 4 Hyperdrive, with a Class 20 backup. That thing... is SLOOOOOW.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/DS-1_Orbital_Battle_Station
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Death_Star_II

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    One hyperspace superlaser, split the beam to each Unimatrix, all whilst hidden at the other end of the Galaxy. Problem solved.

Follow it up with a DBZ to any worlds with Borg left on them.​​
    Not a realistic scenario. This sort of decapitation strike requires the Empire to know the location of all of the Borg they wish to target. Not realistic because the Imperials just aren't that good at scouting. It also requires the Borg to NOT know the location of Starkiller base. I doubt the Imperials would be able to fire it if it was under attack.

Fails the scaling test. The Empire launched enough probes at uninhabited planets during TESB that they were able to find the Rebel base despite having a 130,000 LY-diameter galaxy to search. Granted, they probably had other intelligence sources to help narrow it down, but it's still an inconceivably huge search area, and yet they succeeded at throwing darts blindfolded. Starkiller Base is one very small planet in that very large galaxy. And it's mobile, just like the Death Star. (It has to be, otherwise you'd only get two shots and then the weapon is useless. The Empire isn't that stupid.) Simple compartmentalization of intelligence keeps the Borg from learning its location by assimilating Imperial personnel, unless they get lucky. (Remember that the Rebels only got the Death Star II's location because Palpatine wanted them to find it.)
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    yeah, the empire is VERY good at scouting - to the point they were the FIRST ones to reach the SMBH at the center of the galaxy...something no one else has ever been able to do, nor has done since, in either legends or disney

granted, it was via probe droid, but they still reached it​​

#LegalizeAwoo

The Borg
    starswordc wrote: »
    One hyperspace superlaser, split the beam to each Unimatrix, all whilst hidden at the other end of the Galaxy. Problem solved.

Not a realistic scenario. This sort of decapitation strike requires the Empire to know the location of all of the Borg they wish to target. Not realistic because the Imperials just aren't that good at scouting. It also requires the Borg to NOT know the location of Starkiller base. I doubt the Imperials would be able to fire it if it was under attack.
    Fails the scaling test. The Empire launched enough probes at uninhabited planets during TESB that they were able to find the Rebel base despite having a 130,000 LY-diameter galaxy to search. Granted, they probably had other intelligence sources to help narrow it down, but it's still an inconceivably huge search area, and yet they succeeded at throwing darts blindfolded. Starkiller Base is one very small planet in that very large galaxy. And it's mobile, just like the Death Star. (It has to be, otherwise you'd only get two shots and then the weapon is useless. The Empire isn't that stupid.) Simple compartmentalization of intelligence keeps the Borg from learning its location by assimilating Imperial personnel, unless they get lucky. (Remember that the Rebels only got the Death Star II's location because Palpatine wanted them to find it.)
    How many YEARS did that take though? I seem to remember there being a moment like "YES! We finally found it!" Leia mentioned that it was just a matter of time before it was found, but they acted like they'd been there a while.

Also, while assimilating a TIE pilot might not give useful info, that's not true of ALL Imperial personnel. Oh and the Borg can steal computer databases too. So, if they do assimilate a Star Destroyer, they know have the entire database from it's computer.

I'm guessing your retort is to say the Imperials would wipe the computer if they thought they'd lose the ship. Problem with that is the Imperials aren't going to know for sure until it's too late.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited April 2019
    it was two years from ANH to TESB...minus the time it took the rebels to actually FIND and setup on hoth, they weren't there all that long before being found - maybe a year, year and a half at best

which is also roughly about how long phoenix cell managed to keep chopper base a secret in rebels​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

How many YEARS did that take though? I seem to remember there being a moment like "YES! We finally found it!" Leia mentioned that it was just a matter of time before it was found, but they acted like they'd been there a while.
    it was two years from ANH to TESB...minus the time it took the rebels to actually FIND and setup on hoth, they weren't there all that long before being found - maybe a year, year and a half at best

which is also roughly about how long phoenix cell managed to keep chopper base a secret in rebels​​
    The longstanding chronology sets TESB three years after ANH. The film itself also gives the impression that the Rebels hadn't been there long -- they hadn't even finished adapting their speeders with de-icing gear when the Empire found them.

Yeah, the Empire got damn lucky, but they made their own luck.
    Also, while assimilating a TIE pilot might not give useful info, that's not true of ALL Imperial personnel. Oh and the Borg can steal computer databases too. So, if they do assimilate a Star Destroyer, they know have the entire database from it's computer.

I'm guessing your retort is to say the Imperials would wipe the computer if they thought they'd lose the ship. Problem with that is the Imperials aren't going to know for sure until it's too late.

There's this little thing called "need to know" with classified information. It boils down to Ben Franklin's line about how three can keep a secret if two of them are dead: the fewer people who know a secret, the less the chance of it getting out. Every star destroyer isn't going to have the location of major classified installations in its computer. In fact I'd be surprised if any ship not assigned to the installation's support fleet has it.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Yes, if it was me I'd even have the Starkiller Base moving around as soon as it was ready to be mobile, and even the ships servicing it wouldn't be told its latest location until they were ready to set off. Apart from them, where it was at any time and where it was going next would be known only to the high-ups making the decisions, who would probably be living somewhere so deep in the heart of the Empire's government that if Borg drones got that far, you've probably had it anyway.

I don't think the Borg would ever be able to use the Force for themselves, though they might waste a lot of time trying. I haven't actually watched any Star Wars myself, but from what I've heard the Force revolves around states of mind - either quiet meditation for the Jedis' techniques or concentrated fury for the Sith's. Either way, making it do something relies directly on some kind of mental and/or emotional act. A machine couldn't be designed to do it automatically. Now, individual Borg drones don't seem to be conscious, or not in any normal state of consciousness anyway; their brains don't act separately, they just form parts of the Collective's unified parallel-processing system which does all the thinking for the whole thing. So I don't think a single Borg drone could operate the Force.

That only leaves the Collective hive mind. If the entire Collective is really a conscious mind in any normal way, then perhaps it could become a Force user. It includes plenty of living tissue. Only I don't think it's in the habit of thinking like a Jedi or even like a Sith. Neither emotions nor mysticism are part of its usual modus operandi. If it started to try, to attempt to do what its assimilated Force users are telling it it needs to do to use the power, that would probably lead to such a change in its plans that all bets would be off. It might go crazy and fall apart and become easy prey, it might stop wanting to attack the Empire anyway, it might wander off into deep space to find God. It might be a good story.
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    It's the Empire. It's always the Empire. It's also the Cybermen. The Borg that exist onscreen do not have the magical, galaxy conquering abilities fans imagine they do when confronted with this topic over and over again.

They are vastly outnumbered, outgunned, and as the Empire are acting as the good guys in this situation then the Borg will lose due to plot reasons as well.​​

The Borg and the Cyberman are pretty much the same thing except the Cyberman are almost entirely Human, haveing been started by the people of mondas when it got thrown out of orbit and their population resorted to cybernatics to survive and adapt. Even to a point where the Cyberman could assimilate a person on contact in less than 30 seconds

The borg are nanomechanical in nature but can convert a living being into a machine and override the neural functions to get it to do what it wants (it seems like science fiction but it's not...look up project Darkwater i think it was. TL:DR of it was a team of scientists wanted to control neural impulses to control psych inmates schitzophrenic episodes, they opened the patients head and inserted neural rods which would be triggered when the episodes occured. well it would stop the manic episodes but could also TRIGGER these episodes, at which point all but the head scientist left out of clear cons and funding was pulled from the project as well as it being buried for some time

however this technology is being used to treat epilepsy today, in one method of treatment a rod is inserted inside the head that discharges when it senses electrical buildup in that region of the brain...interrupting the siezure and resetting it

The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    The Borg
    1. Borg adapts to energy weapons.
    2. Borg ship hulls can regenerate.
    3. Borg assimilates others into the collective.
    4. Borgs can use Transwarp conduits.
    5. Borgs can drain shields.

A Single regular Borg Cube would be a very tough challenge for anyone in Star Wars. First the Borg Cube would tracker beam and drain shields then beam drones over to begin assimilation. They can take over a ship in weeks if not days. Once a ship is in borg control they will begin to assimilate other ships then death stars then planets then the whole galaxy. It takes a intelligent empire or a military force to combat the Borg.

I say if one Borg Cube were to warp in a Star Wars territory they will have not a clue how to fight one and everyone will become borg in a couple years. And you thought Siths are bad even Siths and Sith lords will become borgs eventually.

Though they do have one weakness it is physical damage they cannot adapt physical damage like swords, maces , axes whatever. If you had ship guns using real ballistic bullets you could have a chance in destroying a cube before anything can happen.
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »
    1. Borg adapts to energy weapons.
    4. Borgs can use Transwarp conduits.
    5. Borgs can drain shields.

Depends on the physics in the Star Wars universe whether the Borg are able to do any of these things. Transwarp conduits might not be possible in the Star Wars universe and the Borg would have to learn how to adapt to Empire energy weapons and shields before they could adapt to energy weapons and drain shields.
    The Borg

There's this little thing called "need to know" with classified information. It boils down to Ben Franklin's line about how three can keep a secret if two of them are dead: the fewer people who know a secret, the less the chance of it getting out. Every star destroyer isn't going to have the location of major classified installations in its computer. In fact I'd be surprised if any ship not assigned to the installation's support fleet has it.
    Heh, even if they don't have the coordinates of Starkiller base they DO have: fleet movements of dozens or hundreds of ships, Imperial navigation charts, and most crucially, a list of places ship captains are told to say out of.

Would it be enough for a positive ID? probably not, but it'd greatly narrow the search area.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing