test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Monthly Subscriptions

pino31pino31 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
So your site says there's a gold member monthly sign up page but the page is so hard to find I give the hell up. I heard it's just gone anyway. That's really a dumb idea

(Clarified thread title. - BMR)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• pino31pino31 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    There's a good reason why you've never made any money from me. I've tried but you won't take it! wtf
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    There is no longer monthly subscription.. only lifetime and free to play
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    gaevsman wrote: »
    There is no longer monthly subscription.. only lifetime and free to play

Yeah some folks in zone chat were nice enough to point that out for me. I was assuming that was the case anyway but they verified it. Thanks for the response. I was going to try being gold for a while before thinking bout purchasing lifetime but that idea went poof
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah, it took me a lot of time to decide lifetime, as is expensive, so i waited for the sale
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Yeah, it took me a lot of time to decide lifetime, as is expensive, so i waited for the sale

The semi-annual 30 % off LT $ale is really the only time they sell now.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    The gold subscription was kinda outdated anyway. Its only real value was when you were leveling a character for the bonuses you got during that phase. If you paid for a month and got a few characters to max in that month, it was a good value. They somewhat boiled that down to the Elite Services pack in the C-store. That essentially gives you what you would have gotten from leveling while Gold, if I remember right. Something like... If you only leveled 1 toon in a month, the Elite Service pack is probably a better deal. If you did 2, the month of Gold was probably better. If you did 3+ the Gold was definitely better.

But Gold is gone, so just compare value of the Elite Services Pack vs individual items vs Lifetime. If you are one of those players that is gonna make a ton of characters and want them all to have max bag space & etc, the LTS is probably gonna work the best in the long run. Just wait for the sale and save $100. ;) But if you aren't on PC, you don't get the 500 Zen stipend. So adjust your calculations to take that into account. No free $60 a year in free Zen.
    it sounds like you guys think there's reasonable alternatives. i'll try to understand them better and fully read all your points when i have more time. if you have more suggestions to get the most benefits of sto without paying a fortune, i don't happen to have, i'm happy to receive it! i want to support the game too best i can, but dropping 2 or 300 for lifetime, grabbing half a dozen cstore ships, or packs or bundles of them or different kinds of services and billion other things available for purchase on the cstore... by the time it's all done, could cost equivalent to a quarter to a half a year - or more - worth of rent! lol...
This discussion has been closed.