test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can we please get another plasma omni?

telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
Either as a rep or mission reward. Right now all we have is the crafted array, which you cant use more than one of, while other weapon types all have a crafted plus at least one mission or rep omni array that can be combined with it.

My suggestion would be to make the experimental romulan plasma beam array from romulus reputation into an omni instead of a standard 250 array, but adding something new would work just as well. What would be even better is a multi-type omni like the morphogenic Polaron energy weapon, that can use both cannon and beam firing modes.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I like your suggestion but it will never happen. Cryptic is not in the habit of turning existing weapons into a totally new weapon type. The morphogenic weapon was interesting but I found the switching between beam and cannon to be more of a gimmick that did not warrant taking up a slot for something better - I wonder how others think it performs?
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    > @bossheisenberg said:
    > I like your suggestion but it will never happen. Cryptic is not in the habit of turning existing weapons into a totally new weapon type. The morphogenic weapon was interesting but I found the switching between beam and cannon to be more of a gimmick that did not warrant taking up a slot for something better - I wonder how others think it performs?

I use the morphogenic Polaron weapon on my jemhadar vanguard carrier and like it. The set bonuses are good and im already using the polaron torpedo and console anyways.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Honestly I was hoping that the undine rep that already has several heavy turrets of various types including plasma, would have gotten not only the additional energy types for the turrets, but also given a omni-array variant of the heavy turrets using them as a basis for the omni-arrays. This would give plasma type an omni-array to compliment the craft array already present, but also would bring the undine rep in line with others that have heavy turrets an a omni-array variant in the rep.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    When the alt type was added with t6 to reps they could have used that opportunity to finally give plasma the long overdue omni but for whatever reason they decided not to.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Really hoping for a mission set with a sci or universal console that boosts plasma dmg. omni / turret would be great so plasma cannons could also get a benefit
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I would love a plasma omni, mission reward or reputation. I would also love to see a scaling plasma beam and a scaling disruptor beam. Preferably, they could come with a T1 ship from the Z-store, like the T1 Connie.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Right now the easiest metho of getting a plasma omni-array into the game would be thru rep, and also if done using the undine rep would add another option for using undine rep items on your ship. They already have the stats for the undine heavy turret set up in the rep, so they can modify those to create a undine omni-array variant though that would mean making three one for each energy type, yet making a mission that a plamsa omni-array would be from might be equal or more work overall unless they are already in the progress of making it.
  • wraithknight#4461 wraithknight Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Wait, there's only 1 version of the plasma omni?

I could've sworn there were a couple lockbox variants?

Now I'm upset because I never made a plasma build until recently for Romulan and it's disappointing only vanilla plasma omni is available. We have 15 versions of every type of weapons and each has their omnis but no different plasma types? Wow! Perhaps the new producer can be tweeted about this.
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Only the Ferengi and Isolytic. The older corrosive plasma lockbox doesn't contain one.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    There are gamblebox plasmas but to get them you have to luck out massively because its a chance drop within the chance drop making them not worth considering as a viable option.

Kind of how the cosmetic shields are chance of a chance rather than being used as padding instead of the utter trash they do have.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Now I'm upset because I never made a plasma build until recently for Romulan and it's disappointing only vanilla plasma omni is available. We have 15 versions of every type of weapons and each has their omnis but no different plasma types? Wow! Perhaps the new producer can be tweeted about this.

That's not the big issue really, there's three versions but the big issue is that you can't use any of those with the crafted plasma omni it HAS to be a mission omni or a rep omni to fit a pair like every other energy type can do currently
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

There are, but since none of them are part of a set, you can't use them together.

Limit is 1 setpiece + 1 non-setpiece.
This discussion has been closed.