test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no more 32-bit client?

I just noticed that the option to choose between 32-bit and64-bit is now missing from the launcher. does this mean that the 32-bit client is now gone? I prefer the 32-bit client because it is more stable than the 64-bit client. STO seems to be running the 64-bit client whenever i launch the game.
Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...

Comments

• penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    How do I tell if I am running the 64bit version?
  • if you are running sto as of right now, then you are running the 64-bit client. the devs, for whatever reason, got rid of the 32-bit client. I guess this means if you are running 32-bit windows, then you either switch to 64-bit OS, or you are screwed....
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • thegdthadmanthegdthadman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    The 32-bit client was the only one that was stable for me. 64-bit crashes constantly, and now I can never play longer than 5-10 minutes. Likely to just move on to another game and leave this by the wayside.
  • generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    I was actually able to solve my 64-bit client instabilities. thanks to a enlevated support ticket I started in November of last year. a solution wasn't reached until late feb of this year. but the issue saw me having the exact same crashes across 3 different devices. I assume part of the solution was something they did behind the scenes. but the final fix wasn't until they had me delete all my .hogg files and have the launcher re download them.
  • thegdthadmanthegdthadman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    try save mode

I launch in safe mode quite often, but since that flag requires being checked for each session, it's not terribly sustainable. I will try another suggestion and get rid of my .hogg files and see if that does anything useful.
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    When I launch windows says i'm running the 32bit client of bit arc and sto. When I go into the 64bit directory I get errors.