test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After creating a new character on the game goes black after intro video

I just recently got back into STO, because of the "new" Discovery add-on. The issue that I am having is that once I create a Discovery character it shows a quick video with Tilly talking in the background, but when the video ends the screen turns black and the game client stops running. I have put in a trouble ticket for the bug, however the only instructions that it has given me is to delete the character and start it again since the bug that I have cannot be fixed.

Since I have not played in such a long time, I was going to make a new FED character so I can learn how to play again. Unfortunately the same bug is popping its ugly head with this character as well. I have gone through every trouble shooting checklist on both the official forums, as well as the Reddit forums. I have also re-installed STO three times now, and I am having the same issues on my 2yr old laptop. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Comments

• ulvanisulvanis Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    A follow up to this post, I did not have an issue with creating a new character until after I attempted to create a Discovery Character. Not sure if that helps at all.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    thise could be on the checklist 's but i would try save mode if this not works. a CLEAN install of the video card driver
  • ulvanisulvanis Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    thise could be on the checklist 's but i would try save mode if this not works. a CLEAN install of the video card driver

Yeah I thought the video card was the initial problem as well, but I did that per instructions from a reddit post. Im at wit's end. I can play my other characters with no issues, its just weird