test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Risian Corvette

chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
Omg yes! I never did get the original T5 (was before my time, and never got the chance to back-slot the project), and I can't wait to get it!

Here's hoping it finally comes with a Risian bridge that can be used on the old Corvette and Luxury Liner.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    ^_^
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • theneckercubetheneckercube Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    You beat me to it. The T5U Risian Corvette is my favorite since it was released. I can't wait for the T6 though it better at least have Pilot Maneuvers!
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Yeah, it's a pretty sweet announcement. I'm really looking forward to it's T6 design.
    Not expecting pilot maneuvers though, they've never given an event ship the full spec package.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    You beat me to it. The T5U Risian Corvette is my favorite since it was released. I can't wait for the T6 though it better at least have Pilot Maneuvers!

Doubtfull about the Maneuvers - the only event ships that got any special gimmick were Dyson Sci Destroyers. After that there were many events, and there never was anymore an event ship with special mechanic...
    Yeah, it's a pretty sweet announcement. I'm really looking forward to it's T6 design.
    Not expecting pilot maneuvers though, they've never given an event ship the full spec package.
    saber1973a wrote: »

Doubtfull about the Maneuvers - the only event ships that got any special gimmick were Dyson Sci Destroyers. After that there were many events, and there never was anymore an event ship with special mechanic...

Well there is a first time for everything. The Corvette is so deserving of pilot maneuvers though ... unless they make the thing super fast, naturally aspirated and all; it must claim the speed crown once again somehow!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    So... how long before we start having players set up races with their corvettes? ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The T5 R.Corvette was a blast to play. Happy to see the T6 one is coming.

giphy.gif
    XzRTofz.gif
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Ha, I knew it was going to be the corvette!
    rattler2 wrote: »
    So... how long before we start having players set up races with their corvettes? ;)

T5U Corvette is my favorite ship which I have piloted the most. But, I still have not had it entered into any "races." I tried to befriend other Corvette owners in hopes to gather like some folks do in their real-life Honda Civics or BMWs; was not successful.
    I think we can all agree that the T6 Corvette should at least have Pilot Seating :)
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I so happy! My ship will get a refit!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Nice, it's been long overdue. This means next year is the cruiser, and the year after that is people begging for the yellow submarine science vessel again. :D
    edited March 2019
    I notice in May it says "Starships level with you", and we already have seen the T6 scaling ships. Now with the T6 'vette coming in July, will it also be a scaling ship? That would be pretty cool.
    warpangel wrote: »
    Nice, it's been long overdue. This means next year is the cruiser, and the year after that is people begging for the yellow submarine science vessel again. :D

And people wondered why after all this time they fixed the animations on the Lux.​​
    signature.png
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I have no idea what I'll use the ship for, or which of my captains will get it. But holy hell SOMEONE is getting this beauty <3
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Do we know what it looks like?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    No, they just announced it on the roadmap. I'd guess we'll see it in a blog in May?
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Do we know what it looks like?

I'm pretty sure it will look a LOT like the T5U Corvette does. Maybe another pair of fins somewhere.​​
    signature.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The only issue for me is I'll regret using up an ultra token on the T5 Corvette.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The only issue for me is I'll regret using up an ultra token on the T5 Corvette.

I wouldn't say it would be a regret. That ship served you well for a long time. Think of it as a refit or something.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »

I wouldn't say it would be a regret. That ship served you well for a long time. Think of it as a refit or something.

I agree, indeed. Was my best use of a Super Purple ticket thingy. That being said, I'm totally behind seeing a T6 of that ship.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I have all the Phoenix T6 and T5 (not JHAS or Bulwark) Ships Account unlocked from the Events. So the one time I got Epic Token (during the first Phoenix Event), I split it into two URs and picked up said JHAS and Bulwark.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Can someone explain to me why the Risan Corvette is so desirable?

I am not being snarky, I really don't understand. I was actually on a break when the original event ran so it's one of the few Event Ships I don't have. I have had the opportunity to acquire it a few times via the Phoenix Box and have declined each time because I really don't see anything desirable about the ship.

I always chalked this up to a ship being desirable just because it's rare and nothing more. What am I missing here?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Cryptic giving us a free ship. I am going to do the event, earn the ship and I will be grateful.. but I have never seen anything here other then another admiralty card.
    Insert witty signature line here.

I am not being snarky, I really don't understand. I was actually on a break when the original event ran so it's one of the few Event Ships I don't have. I have had the opportunity to acquire it a few times via the Phoenix Box and have declined each time because I really don't see anything desirable about the ship.

I always chalked this up to a ship being desirable just because it's rare and nothing more. What am I missing here?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Cryptic giving us a free ship. I am going to do the event, earn the ship and I will be grateful.. but I have never seen anything here other then another admiralty card.

Well I myself love it, not because it is rare, but because it is nimble and can pack a whalop. Then you take the special console from the Lux Cruiser and mount it and it is a kick to get in the middle of a pack of enemies and whammo!​​
    signature.png
    edited March 2019

It is desirable to me mainly because it has the highest impulse modifier (0.25) and at the time of release, the fastest darn thing you can fly. It is also highly customizable. And last but not least, you are rewarded for "going fast" because it gets a defense bonus like +15 max at high speeds ... it is very, very hard to land a hit on a Risian Corvette.

I used the ship extensively back in 2013 to PvP and to basically take on the hardest content at the time; I still use it now because it can hold its own and is a blast to fly.

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Wait, if all ships are going leveling to T6, why a repeat for the Summer Event? Why not just make it a freebie when the leveling stuff goes live, and another ship for the summer event?

Not all ships will be going to scaling. The devs specifically mentioned T6 ships on priority one, which is likely what they're doing here.

Plus, the Corvette, while a repeat technically, it's an updated version of the ship, akin to the Chel Grett->Chel Boalg, and the Plesh Brek->Plesh Tral ships.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Well I sure am one of those mostly liking the cruiser, but that means the T6 corvette is still a good news as hopefully the cruiser comes next year.
    Ideally we'll also get the long overdue Risian bridge.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Sweet! The General finally gets a refit. :)

Join the Sing-a-long! :*
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/9vroyx/too_much/

0cdfmi7aqfx11.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=5089e539521946e9dccc461e0dfdc798d74beeda
    Post edited by bobnooniansingh on
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    The corvette was my baby that I did all my speed builds on... Shes still one of my favourite ships that I still fly today (unless I'm training masteries)

I'm hoping for an even bigger impulse mod, pilot maneuvers (even if without the invincibility gimmick in that its purely for getting around), pilot seat (maybe the corvette might be split command/pilot?)and a spiffy speed giving uni console

..and fins. Lots of fins.
This discussion has been closed.