test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't complete [Cm (30)] [Promotion]: Commander (Romulan)

wogmannwogmann Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I got the mission - [Cm (30)] [Promotion]: Commander - and I'm at the NPC to Hail, but hailing him does not provide the response for the mission.

It's entirely possible that I used my level 20 free ship purchase to grab the level 10 Fed ship, which means I have the Tier 0 Warbird, the Tier 1 Warbird, and Tier 1 Akira. So it could be the case that the mission isn't seeing any Tier 2 ship and thus isn't getting the NPC to talk to me because I haven't completed the previous promotion mission (as expected).

I can't drop this quest (the button is greyed out), and I've tried changing characters, logging out, restarting the game, and rebooting my computer.

Images follow.
Quest Log
NPC Response

~Jarod997
STO/WoT/WoWp/WoWs
www.CS7Clan.com
Tagged:

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Have you completed the mission Turning Point, gone to the shuttle bay at New Romulus, waited a bit for the mission to complete, and then chosen your ship? That usually completes the mission since one does not need to go to Admiral Kererek anymore (they really need to update that text for the Romulans). Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • wogmannwogmann Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for the reply.

Turning Point complete, and the whole "From the Ashes" string too. Also completed "Allies".

Been all over the Shuttle Bay, nothing happens.

I've already tried a GM in-game and they've directed me to the forums.
    ~Jarod997
    STO/WoT/WoWp/WoWs
    www.CS7Clan.com
    Have you skipped any TFOs that might also been stopping you from completing the mission as well? Unless there are none in the mission line you are currently in. Thanks. :)
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    I believe you may have had that mission sitting in your mission log for quite some time as the promotion missions were re-worked to send you directly to the relevant ship vendor on ESD/Qo'noS/NR at 10, 20, 30 and 40 -- that looks very much like the old promotion mission.
    I think your best option is to put a ticket in at Customer Support, explaining the problem and telling them when you got the mission.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • wogmannwogmann Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I've not skipped any missions. I've done one or two "pick up space missions" -- I'm not sure if that's a Task Force Operation, you go in with a random bunch of people and try to do the mission in an instance within the allotted amount of time? I've done one or two of those in the last 6 levels and they've all been successful.

@inferiority I just picked up that mission a couple days ago, so if that's what you mean by "a long time", then yes. I'll try at the Fed shipyard and see what happens, and in the meantime I'll put a ticket in too. *sigh* :(

Edit: Went to the Spacedock - no luck there either.
    Post edited by wogmann on
    ~Jarod997
    STO/WoT/WoWp/WoWs
    www.CS7Clan.com
    wogmann wrote: »
    I've not skipped any missions. I've done one or two "pick up space missions" -- I'm not sure if that's a Task Force Operation, you go in with a random bunch of people and try to do the mission in an instance within the allotted amount of time? I've done one or two of those in the last 6 levels and they've all been successful.

@inferiority I just picked up that mission a couple days ago, so if that's what you mean by "a long time", then yes. I'll try at the Fed shipyard and see what happens, and in the meantime I'll put a ticket in too. *sigh* :(

Edit: Went to the Spacedock - no luck there either.

The last time I did that mission you had to walk around the shuttlebay at New Romulus and then after a certain amount of time, the mission completed itself. If that does not work, then this is a bug and needs to be fixed. Thanks.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    It's been a day or two since my last promotion, however I seem to remember that the actual trigger for the mission was visiting the shipyard and selecting to view ships for your level (I forget the exact wording)
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png