test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star ship bridge View?

Maby we could have a bridge view of the star ship as we fly.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    fury#0751 fury Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    You know - I'm on board with this.

However, if this was the General Discussion forum the humorless mods would be along in a moment to /close the thread. And strictly speaking, on this one issue, as this statement is phrased, i'm not opposed to that as the frequently closed issues thread in that forum covers a Dev response on why this would be a challenge to implement in the game.

Namely, the game considers your character to in one map at a time: You can be your captain, on a ground map, or your ship, in a space map. You can't be both.

However, a different angle on this is to ask is it necessary to be on the bridge of your ship specifically? Must you be able to see out the view screen and see sector (or system) space? Or is it OK to simply be on your bridge?

My take on it is this: We have a lot of maps in the game that are under utilized. Fleet holdings, bridges and so on. So, instead make it so that Sector space becomes an optional part of the game. Instead of warping to sector space, give us an option to return to our Bridge as the default. And when on the bridge, we can choose from the available list of transwarps (which are mostly all free now anyway) where we would like to navigate to.

Once a player attains fleet admiral rank, they don't even need to warp to existing transwarps. A navigation UI would allow a destination, AND ship to be selected, which will create a custom admiralty mission. When the admiralty mission completes and is claimed, the player gets a 1 shot transwarp to the selected destination added to their navigation UI.

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    already discussed in the FCT area. also please refrain from necroposting. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.