test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mirror tilly is awesome

2»

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Meh. Tilly is just another iteration of sexy-crazy mirror female lead character. A carbon copy of mirror Leeta, mirror Hoshi, mirror Ezri and mirror Kira. Flat, affected, one-dimensional and ultimately boring characters with no depth to them whatsoever.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    szim wrote: »
    Meh. Tilly is just another iteration of sexy-crazy mirror female lead character. A carbon copy of mirror Leeta, mirror Hoshi, mirror Ezri and mirror Kira. Flat, affected, one-dimensional and ultimately boring characters with no depth to them whatsoever.

That's because mirrors are flat, and only give an appearance of depth. :wink::lol:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2019

That's because mirrors are flat, and only give an appearance of depth. :wink::lol:

Alternative proposal for narrative development/superweapons:
    concave_mirror.png
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

Alternative proposal for narrative development/superweapons:
    concave_mirror.png

archimedes tried that already...it failed - HARD​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Masterson's 'Model Figure' was enhanced after DS9.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I think, Mirror Leeta has the same problem as Sela: she's been used as a character to the breaking point where I tire of her. This has nothing to do with either actress or even the character as such, it's just that they came back one too many times without me ever getting the feel they'll be a perpetual character. So Killy is a nice change of pace, even though I agree that she is indeed similar to MLeeta. (Also I think the game captures her better, as in more recognizable, than MLeeta, while "our" Leeta seems closer to the original than Tilly, fo the little glimpses we get of them both. Actually, I think MLeeta doesn't look anything like her at all).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    Oh, and yes, Killy/Tilly is awesome. Not in the least because she is a strong character despite not having model looks (still very good looking IMO, but I could be her dad as well) without it being a focus of the story. Unfortunately the point of view "she is great because it isn't her looks only" is again her looks only ...
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @szim said:
    > Meh. Tilly is just another iteration of sexy-crazy mirror female lead character. A carbon copy of mirror Leeta, mirror Hoshi, mirror Ezri and mirror Kira. Flat, affected, one-dimensional and ultimately boring characters with no depth to them whatsoever.

I dunno, Mirror Hoshi was one of the most rational people I’ve seen in a ME episode. She used what she had to climb the ladder in a systematic way rather than obsess with pulling the wings off flies like most ME types. Mirror Archer doomed himself when he didn’t take out the CO for stealing his woman....then took her back when her sugar daddy got ganked. She knew from that he didn’t have what it took so she grabbed the Throne herself because she knew she was dead if she relied on him to hold onto power, Defiant or no.

Mirror Kira and Leeta were just psychopaths.
    xyquarze wrote: »
    I think, Mirror Leeta has the same problem as Sela: she's been used as a character to the breaking point where I tire of her.
    Mirror Leeta has only physically appeared in three missions
    -“Jabberwocky”
    -“Temporal Reckoning”
    -“Ragnarok”
    And has VA, for an audio log, in a 4th mission(technically her first appearance in-game)
    -“Spoils of War”

May be, but it's not an objective thing. For example one forum user once had a signature about Iconians being responsible for everything, and so they were for years, yet I didn't tire of them (though I liked the conclusion of said arc and in that way am happy it's over, it could have gone on from my vantage point). So thers may feel different but for me MLeeta has had her run and can go buy herself a moon next to Quark's (who by the way is another character that transferred extremely well to STO but is so far removed from Tilly-Killy that I'll stop talking about him right now).
This discussion has been closed.