test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anyone else ran in to the Refugee Problem?

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
Mm5NeXy.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Refugees can be donated to Coordinate Colonization Efforts IIRC. 64 at a time.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Refugees can be donated to Coordinate Colonization Efforts IIRC. 64 at a time.

If I were working on that, sure. This is for the 1.200 Dil Mine Experience projects.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @salazarraze said:
    > Refugees can be donated to Coordinate Colonization Efforts IIRC. 64 at a time.

70 before Dilithium Mine discounts on fleet project inputs. It also takes Prisoners and Colonists.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with these projects taking those. They'll eat up colonists, which is why I don't have any. Yet, I have like 30 Civilian - Refugees sitting there. Which is also why I highlighted one on the right there.

Rank
    Civilian

Department
    Civilian
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    You can always sell the refugees and buy some other civs to feed into the wood chipper. The screams are just as tuneful.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    This isn't a gen discussion. This is a gameplay issue. @baddmoonrizin
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You can always sell the refugees and buy some other civs to feed into the wood chipper. The screams are just as tuneful.
    Yeah there are much better uses for refugees, like feeding them into asylum doff missions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    It's discussing the game, so it can be in GenDisc.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

This is what I'm doing. Which I'm fine with. It's just the annoyance of having "civilian" doffs and not being able to donate them to "civilian duty officers" projects.

It's one of those, watching my roster get full of them. I mean, I had to go for the 576 I needed for the upgrade project there. So, you know, I bought like 1100 fleet doffs, to feed that and to flip through my other holdings and feed them as well. I'm just focusing mostly on the dil mine to get the T3 discounts, before seriously going to work on everything else. This just slows me down, because now I've got to post on the exchange to make room, and then buy the ones I need.

The upgrade project consumed some I believe. But, it was filled up, and just waiting on me to feed it the dil. Those you see in the picture are from opening more to feed to those two projects.
    Yeah there are much better uses for refugees, like feeding them into asylum doff missions.

I'd do this as well. But, since the sector space revamp broke doffing, i.e. you have to go sector line hunting to find them. I don't eve bother with it any more. Though at this rate, visiting some of the nebula's to see what I can dump, might not be a bad idea.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »
    I'd do this as well. But, since the sector space revamp broke doffing, i.e. you have to go sector line hunting to find them. I don't eve bother with it any more. Though at this rate, visiting some of the nebula's to see what I can dump, might not be a bad idea.
    Well, if you're feeling lazy, certain refugee missions, mostly Human and Klingon, are nearly always available in the associated ground social zone.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    trennan wrote: »

This is what I'm doing. Which I'm fine with. It's just the annoyance of having "civilian" doffs and not being able to donate them to "civilian duty officers" projects.

It's one of those, watching my roster get full of them. I mean, I had to go for the 576 I needed for the upgrade project there. So, you know, I bought like 1100 fleet doffs, to feed that and to flip through my other holdings and feed them as well. I'm just focusing mostly on the dil mine to get the T3 discounts, before seriously going to work on everything else. This just slows me down, because now I've got to post on the exchange to make room, and then buy the ones I need.

The upgrade project consumed some I believe. But, it was filled up, and just waiting on me to feed it the dil. Those you see in the picture are from opening more to feed to those two projects.

I see plenty enough refugee assignments without sector line hunting.

In anyway, you're be better off selling the refs on the ex and buying generic civilian doffs to put in the fleet projects instead, because refs are 3-4 times more expensive.

Or if you just don't care, dismiss them.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    only problem I have is getting the dumb Tellarite asylum mission to pop... I can go to Andoria, Vulcan & Earth for their missions... going to Tellar does jack. That mission should be more common.
    the one I hunt most obsessively Fed-side is Betazed. Mainly because o how hard it is to find.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.