test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Unofficial] The Big Tailor UI needed changes thread.

kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 858 Arc User

During tonight's stream -
the talked about the UI changes coming live tomorrow for PC. And they also talked about how, for now, the tailor/space barbie isnt going to be updated.
Patch notes 3/7/19 - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11107443-pc-patch-notes-for-3/7/19

So I thought I'd make this thread to discuss changes we may want if and when the tailor ui update comes.

- Alphabetize all options.
- Let Klingons have more color selection. Who cares that no Klingon wore green or purple during shows. The Polaron weapons on Dominions ships on DS9 is blue, and purple in game.
- Break the this piece of clothing changes this piece of clothing on an entirely different part of the body.
- Put all the uniforms pieces missing from the tailor, in the tailor.
- Add new species parts in the tailor, Kazon, Benthan, Xindi, Octani, Suliban.
- Drop down box for Alien captains to select just what species your playing, and that allows a selection of new traits to be randomly assigned. If its a known telepathic species, they get mental traits. Warrior race, physical or weapon traits. (Would also include known hybrids)
- Klingon Baldric for Fed Klingons. Not everyone was for the TNG Anniversary.
- Pah Wraith cult gear. Left ear Bajoran earring, Ro style.
- Remove uniform drop down box, let us mix and match everything.
I redact NOTHING
bvpbRd1.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    1) Allow all unlocked pieces to be mixed and matched, it drives me insane that certain badges are limited to certain tops, and certain tops are limited to only one or a small handful of badge options.

2) A single, super-sized color palette with every color option available, as well as new additions like a true black that doesn't look gray on some uniforms.

3) Additional uniform slots for BOffs so we can assign standard and excursion uniforms if we want to. I'd be fine if this had a purchase price associated with it or if assigning an alternate uniform reduced the overall number of BOff slots available. Currently I have two copies of my main BOffs on several toons just so that I can simulate this.

4) Everything my Captain can wear my BOffs should be able to wear as well.

5) Event reward uniform options, like Worf's season 1 sash, should be account wide instead of a per character unlock. I have the sash on several characters, but can't use it on more recently created characters because the event has only ran twice and it currently only unlocks on a per character basis.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    -Remove race/faction restrictions
    -Remove category restictions
    -Remove map restrictions
    -Remove generally arbitrary "can't wear this with that" -restrictions
    -Full color palettes for everything
    -Enable ALL races' body parts for custom aliens, including ones you've purchased from the C-Store
    -Make everything wearable by bridge officers, too
    -Allow players to DELETE outfits, to get rid of all the permanently bugged outfits accumulated over the years
    -Add buttons to operate the color link locks, like in Champions Online. Both because it's useful feature and because the actual link code is in there already and it's a pain in the neck to disable the locks if/when they randomly get enabled on some outfit
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    The Duras sisters wore green in Season 1 of Deep Space Nine.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    - Fix clipping on outfit parts that are supposed to work together anyway.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    GIVE US A SINGLE UNIFIED COLOUR PALETTE!!!!!!!

That alone would make a lot of people happy. ;)
    SulMatuul.png
  • kxawzitan#2738 kxawzitan Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Hey there!

I must concur with the ability to unlock certain parts for the Alien race after buying a Zen race, honestly I myself am into the game like super crazy, after spending 7,000+ mini-games grinding for the colony, for my fleet (that truly was tedious) I must be.
    Anyway, we or I want to have the ability for my characters to be much taller and to have the tail be allowed onto the Alien race, since I require them for a few of my characters. I mean at that point, all that one would be paying for is unlimited access to Zen character parts for ALL toons, and the race itself will have the UNIQUE Trait which cannot be used elsewhere, I personally would LOVE to see that as part of the game since it would open my door to creating Na'vi characters.
    Believe or not I do have backgrounds and set biographies for those Na'vi toons, and being able to use these parts would make the experience a trillion times cooler, funner and more in-depth, since I cross Sci Fi universes frequently, and plan to do more with it.

Not gonna rant more than I already am, but I personally would enjoy this more from Alien's than relying on the Caitian race for the aspect of Role-playing that character as a Na'vi, hell not even the Ferasan makes much difference, just a re-textured and recoloured Caitian...

I am more than certain that a lot of people would agree with this, that it would be fun to expand the range of character creation beyond what it is set too. And just for context, I have SEEN people that have a proper character model of a Na'vi; Tall, blue, with tail and primitive looking, though this was from a "bug" from years ago, which opened the door to many new abilities in the tailor, from what I have been told.

Lastly I would like to say and point out, I do get the game is SET in the Star Trek Universe, however people out there would be ones to make characters that are based off other universes regardless of the set universal limitation. I mean I already have a logical method for how the Na'vi could get into the Star Trek Universe, but that will take too long to get into, unless you're curious? I mean I have seen people add characters from the Star Wars Universe, Babylon 5 Universe, Battlestar Galactica (although this doesn't really count) and most of their character builds are set back in some way...
    In all seriousness though, people might want to make a character that are taller than three/four metres, have fangs or have tails on the Alienrace since it is meant to be 'Alien' right? Meaning to be vastly different to what anyone generally knows!

Hope the Devs catch on and read this, as this could literally open the doors for more people to join the game with ambitions like mine and enjoy the game at the same time!!

Thanks for reading this Rant, I sincerely hope that this increases the possibility to have these things unlocked, for the sake of everyone who plays.
    Kxawzìtan
    STO Veteran, 7 years

Kaltxì ma tsmuk!
    Oeru sunu Star Trek Online nìtxan! Oe tsauvan alu Star Trek Online salmeiyi akrrta zìsìt amevozamvomun. Kehe, oe ke lu lekye'ung, fìlì'fyari oe poltxeie!

Hello friend!
    I like Star Trek Online very much! I have played STO since 2012. No, I am not crazy, I speak that language!

Bashing events like there's no tomorrow
    Making marks against my foes!
    Through darkness came the light!
    Kxamlä tìvawm ma'u atan!
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Give us a universal full colour palette (And I mean full, including the proper vibrant colours from the Discovery and Club Wear) and unrestrict outfits from species and category.

There are pink-skinned, half-nude Orions running around, but Q forbid I get to combine my Voth and Delta armor.
    ...the tailor is stupid.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    still waiting for them to add gorn parts in the STO alien gen
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Oh can we ditch the off duty part and just have everything available all the time.
    There’s some great potential with the tailor but it’s always being hampered by various shoddy bits of legacy coding that don’t really need to be in the game anymore.
    SulMatuul.png
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    The first thing that comes to mind about the tailor is the color palettes. There are 4-5 different ones that can pop up depending on what piece of gear you are selecting. And those palettes do not have matching colors. So you could use color C3 on a chest piece of armor, and then go to the helmet and color C3 isn't the same. You can find a color close to C3 but there is no match. It's like 4-5 different people designed different parts of the tailor and never spoke to each other about what they were doing.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    I would keep the off-duty part but I agree with several of the suggestions that would make the Tailor better. Cryptic, please put that on Tribble when the time comes instead of foisting it on us on Holodeck. We want to help you, let us help you make STO great and catch bugs, lag, etc before the content is released. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    more backgrounds. bring back space. maybe add other places as well for backgrounds. the holodeck thing is getting annoying lol

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Only want one thing...

Iconic, canon, classic M'Ress hair for female Caitians
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Playing Survivor, please add Sela's outfit, the shoulder pads and neck guard.
    A disable rebreather visual option would be cool too.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by disable rebreather? As in disable the visual or what in particular?

P.S. Thanks for elaborating. That would be good to have a disable rebreather visual, like you can do with disabling armor visuals if you don't like the look of the armor on your character. I approve of this suggestion. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • drut001drut001 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Console NEEDS to get the checkbox to hide un owned items.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    There is a difference between UI changes and the content they represent and manage. How a palette is displayed is an UI thing, but the contents of a palette is generally not. Likewise, the restrictions that are applied to how you can or cannot combine costume pieces is not UI.

Now, it's possible the big tailor changes Cryptic might be working on also includes rethinking some restrictions, but I wouldn't get my hopes up and try to realize the differences.

Here is something that is more likely to be an UI feature: Linked colors between different costume parts. The feature is in the Champions character generator, and sometimes it appears things get accidentally linked in STO, too. But there is no way for the player to control it - it would be nice to say that yes, chest and legs main costume part should have the same colors. (But also, in some cases it would be nice to split things that accidentally or intentionally are always set the same...)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    There is a difference between UI changes and the content they represent and manage. How a palette is displayed is an UI thing, but the contents of a palette is generally not. Likewise, the restrictions that are applied to how you can or cannot combine costume pieces is not UI.

Now, it's possible the big tailor changes Cryptic might be working on also includes rethinking some restrictions, but I wouldn't get my hopes up and try to realize the differences.

Here is something that is more likely to be an UI feature: Linked colors between different costume parts. The feature is in the Champions character generator, and sometimes it appears things get accidentally linked in STO, too. But there is no way for the player to control it - it would be nice to say that yes, chest and legs main costume part should have the same colors. (But also, in some cases it would be nice to split things that accidentally or intentionally are always set the same...)

Do away with the current color pallet in general. Use preset for story look only, and add in a R/G/B slider. This way the player can use that to unify the colors on their outfits.

Preset colors can also be Red, Blue, Green, Black, White, Yellow, Purple, Brown and Orange. To speed up the color selection for the R/G/B slider.

It would be adding the R/G/B slider they use to make the preset colors.

This would speed up the process on content as well. Now, they wouldn't have to do a selection of preset colors when they release an outfit. All outfits would now have the whole spectrum of colors to use afterwards.

This one change fixes the whole color pallet issue forever.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »

Do away with the current color pallet in general. Use preset for story look only, and add in a R/G/B slider. This way the player can use that to unify the colors on their outfits.

Preset colors can also be Red, Blue, Green, Black, White, Yellow, Purple, Brown and Orange. To speed up the color selection for the R/G/B slider.

This would speed up the process on content as well. Now, they wouldn't have to do a selection of preset colors when they release an outfit. All outfits would now have the whole spectrum of colors to use afterwards.

I wouldn't want to use sliders most of the time. They take too long to fiddle with and its impossible to make precise inputs on them. Numeric inputs would be precise, but still inconvenient to type numbers everywhere.

A universal, full-range palette is by far the most efficient way to assign colors and should remain the primary method, even if other inputs were added as option for fine-tuning.
    warpangel wrote: »

I wouldn't want to use sliders most of the time. They take too long to fiddle with and its impossible to make precise inputs on them. Numeric inputs would be precise, but still inconvenient to type numbers everywhere.

A universal, full-range palette is by far the most efficient way to assign colors and should remain the primary method, even if other inputs were added as option for fine-tuning.

Most R/G/B sliders come with numeric inputs. So that you can just transfer the numeric from one piece to another. So it's a full spectrum pallet you set your first color in. The slides then give you the tweak power to get the exact color you're going for. Then copy/paste numeric.

This can also be applied to skin colors for the alien gen, hair, and even ship appearances.

I would say for tattoos as well. But they'd have to break them away form the scars, so a person could have both. In doing this, I'd hope they'd add in more tattoos. You know, sleeve, back, chest, and leg ones. This would require them to make outfits though, instead of using the overlay of other piece for it. For example, the terran shorts, if you pay attention to these, you can see the line where the pant leg for them is, right above the ankle. Which is why we don't have stuff like this. Which is why we don't have stuff like body tats and scars. Those areas are generally covered by the invisible shirt/pants you're wearing with the outfit skin on it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    I would say for tattoos as well. But they'd have to break them away form the scars, so a person could have both. In doing this, I'd hope they'd add in more tattoos. You know, sleeve, back, chest, and leg ones. This would require them to make outfits though, instead of using the overlay of other piece for it. For example, the terran shorts, if you pay attention to these, you can see the line where the pant leg for them is, right above the ankle. Which is why we don't have stuff like this. Which is why we don't have stuff like body tats and scars. Those areas are generally covered by the invisible shirt/pants you're wearing with the outfit skin on it.
    The engine is quite capable of overlaying outfit parts on exactly like that. This is standard in Champions Online.

Why they chose to make skin areas part of the clothes insted of a separate layer in STO is anyone's guess.
    I've thought of this before. Might have mentioned it in other tailor threads, can't remember. Since I can't, I'll do so again

I'd like to see a separation of badges and patch and tattoos and scars. This way I can wear a badge and a path, or have a scar and a tattoo.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And clown make-up? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    You can't even make an aliengen character have true white coloured skin, you can only get human white.

• aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I fully second the suggestion to expand alien customizations to allow for Kazon, Benthan, Xindi, Octani, Suliban. I would really like to have more of the Xindi options and the Suliban.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Klingons wearing purple? Never happened...
    Kang_TAS_Big.jpg
    ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.