test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Peril over Pahvo!

Comments

• psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    "The Terran Guerilla Combat Armor may be equipped on any character or bridge officer"

Will it be possible to get multiple copies on a single character? In case they wish to have several BOFFs and themselves wearing the armor?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    It would also help if they included that it starts in the 21st int he announcement. I found that on the calendar in game.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • dtereusbdtereusb Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Please stop making end game content easier because the vast majority of players can't read skills and abilities and build a decent boat. If anything lock out advanced queues until people can pull 20k outside private matches.

Bring back No Win Scenario as well.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    People, at this time, it is a given that all Featured TFO, Weekend Event, Winter, Summer, and Anniversary Event special prize rewards are Account Unlocks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Downside of it being primarily levelling gear is that event overload could lead to folk being less inclined to roll or level alts.
  • psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    People, at this time, it is a given that all Featured TFO, Weekend Event, Winter, Summer, and Anniversary Event special prize rewards are Account Unlocks.

Given the BOFFs in the Discovery Operations Pack weren't account unlocks until they changed it after massive negative feedback. I don't take anything for granted...
  • startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The danger to Pahvo isn't finished yet. In our latest Featured TFO, Peril over Pahvo, Captains will face an invading fleet of enemy ships to defend this mysterious planet.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11106393

Oh Joy more ST:D contentT.

"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I'll do it for the costume, point me at the enemy.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
      edited March 2019
      And so the mindless grinding begins. Seems I chose to leave the game at the right moment since the foundry will soon be no more
      NO TO ARC
      Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
      Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
      Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
      Pity AOY never got the follow on that it so richly deserves same with the Gamma stuff. Sigh stinks that TRIBBLE content is being pushed down everyone's throats at the cost of expanding on areas of the game that are begging for new content. So much content possibility that is just going to waste.
    • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
      ssbn655 wrote: »
      Pity AOY never got the follow on that it so richly deserves same with the Gamma stuff. Sigh stinks that TRIBBLE content is being pushed down everyone's throats at the cost of expanding on areas of the game that are begging for new content. So much content possibility that is just going to waste.
      Maybe it's nothing more than just a matter of taking advantage of things while they are here (1st time with a concurrently airing show-s) temporarily and then more work in the areas you mentioned? A bonus in it's own way?
    • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
      shaadeez wrote: »
      A ground armour is not worth grinding 14 days for imo. I skipped the ground TFO entirely doing it not once because the reward was so meh.

i personally, and respectfully disagree. the kit module is so powerful, it is like having a second away team with you. after i got it, i started not using my own weapons in combat, just letting the crystals do all the work for me.
      Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
      Have to agree on the kit module.

While takes a while to get going due to placing multiple crystals, isn't all that mobility friendly, for what seems to be the design going forward in sto of camp spot x til timer goes away it's a solid item. The lowbie I was running the ground event on went from being more of a backup role to being able to control spawns with ease.

Also the cooldown makes it much better as a levelling alt tool than sompek lightning which is once every 2-3 fights.
    • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
      I feel the grinding complaints, but play the TFO while it’s here to get the TFO marks so you can put it towards something you really want later. Spread out your grinding.
    • thecrusaderxthecrusaderx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
      edited March 2019
      dtereusb wrote: »
      Please stop making end game content easier because the vast majority of players can't read skills and abilities and build a decent boat. If anything lock out advanced queues until people can pull 20k outside private matches.

That is what Elite Difficulty is for bud.

But yeah I hope the ground armor featured would be account bound and for leveling up. Having the sompek shields, weapon and this armor would make for some pretty nefty leveling armor for alts.
      tumblr_p7rwq2Qtxu1wsk1foo1_500.jpg

• jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
      And here we go again.

Looks like the whole jump to level 60 then 65, plus the whole pushing the mark value from XII to XV turned out to be a really big stupid idea from the Devs.

Looks like no one wants to GRIND their way up to Epic Mk XV Gold or drop-down cash to better handle the really nonexistent NPC "Power Creep?" that seems to have enough players complaining about it, that Cryptic has to adjust or as they are putting it, "a little more tenable" the mob NPCs in this game.

I still don't understand how this is a thing. We have still not received a level 65 ground combat Zone to make use of ALL the power creep that THEY put in the game and now they are going to nerf the combat mobs.

The game has Epic Mk XV Gear to railroad any mob in the game and now Cryptic is going to nerf the game so that lazy poor players can go in with their Frankenstein build made up of mark VII to XII gear, so they can one shoot every Mob in the game.
      that's just stupid.

There are 3 ways to get your way to Epic Mk XV Gear

1. You pay cold hard cash to skip the GRIND.

2. You GRIND your way to Epic XV Gear

3. You go half way, Grind some of it and pay cash for the rest. You will need to decide how much of each you are willing to put in. (50/50), (10/90), (90/10)

There is no need to adjust anything and you Devs well know it.

I guess that this game is getting desperate if they are adjusting for the lazy and those that are not willing to pay the cash to skip the grind.

Yes, we all know you guys say that the game is doing well, its not like you are going to tell us that it's not, that would be stupid to be really honest with the player base.

Now answer this question.

Why go through the trouble to increase the gear and character level cap if your not going to put content to take advantage of the power increase?

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
      ssbn655 wrote: »
      What would there be to expand on for AOY? The Temporal Cold War is over, everyone is either dead or in jail. Likewise, what wold they expand on for the Gamma Quadrant? The Hur'q are cured, and the Dominion is beginning the process of dismantling their terrible "benevolent dictatorship"

From what Cryptic has said and implied they only had two more major story arcs left for STO
      1. A Mirror Leeta sotry arc that would end her story.
      2. A "Borg return" story arc that would see the Borg be made end-game enemies again.

That is the beauty of a time war, it is NEVER truly over even when everyone is killed, because somewhen the characters are still kicking around and you never know when they may show up.
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
      I'm curious about the actual stats of the armor. Patience was never my strong suit.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
      edited March 2019
      jrq2 wrote: »
      I still don't understand how this is a thing. We have still not received a level 65 ground combat Zone to make use of ALL the power creep that THEY put in the game and now they are going to nerf the combat mobs.
      They don't make ground combat zones because most people dislike ground combat.

Beyond the two that have already been made. Note that Cryptic is willing to make ground content in spite of "most people -dislike- (I'd only go so far as to say that there's a preference for space with available data) ground combat" though the rate of this development is typically slower than for space. See. the last TFO. We may not see another ground combat zone for some time (or ever if the niche is effectively filled by existing gameplay options and Cryptic wants to move onto something else) but that's a factor of development resources, scheduling, and what the game needs most to best move forward under its economic circumstances.

Effectively this follows with -priorities-. Referring specifically to the population preference (as opposed to the wider issues of deploying more zones on principle), they'll typically approach space combat first but note that such isn't always well regarded by the community (see. Tzenkethi Battlezone), such that your statement overshadows more complex development constraints and tendencies to the point where it's effectively saying "I want to minimize interest in ground combat by invoking not only a general bias for space (most easily demonstrable from TFO's) but active dislike by a majority for which I have assumed the opinions of based on superficial behavioral data (with notable logical inconsistencies per Cryptic choosing to not only retain but promote something "most people dislike" out of hand. See on the one hand investing in ground combat gear with every major content pack and on the other including ground in all featured episodes (when they could very easily choose not to do that if it's ticking most people off). There's definitely a bias, but be careful with how far you extrapolate it.)

So your explanation is insufficient per the topic. The balance update to mobs is to help with a generalized combat scaling problem, specifically targeted at those which don't find combat perfunctory. That leaves the top end with more of a problem but that can be handled as a separate update (rather than looking for an all-in-one fix.) This doesn't factor with last ground combat zone being deployed with DR, per the priorities of game development (instead we saw things like the sector battlezone and Dranuur colony and I would personally expect to see further modifications of the format rather than a rote combat zone. Ex. another sector battlezone with at least one ground scenario mixed in.)
      questerius wrote: »
      I'm curious about the actual stats of the armor. Patience was never my strong suit.

At the very least that'll come pretty quickly through folks acquiring it through buyouts and saved tokens. Check around the day of the TFO and someone should have posted it.
      Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
      edited March 2019
      Shame I'll probably have to do this thru buy out but I'm on Holiday for about a week during the event so I'm not sure if I can make it in time.
      edited March 2019
      spiritborn wrote: »
      Shame I'll probably have to do this thru buy out but I'm on Holiday for about a week during the event so I'm not sure if I can make it in time.

I'm doing the buyout too, the grinds pretty excessive (6 weeks of a generalized scenario repeating points made in the last episode) and Foundry preservation efforts/last hurrahs are more pressing. And the only reason I'm going that far for the buyout is for the costume unlock (neat to see but if this was simply another equipment item I'd probably pass. I'm reaching a saturation point with that kind of account gear.)

Hopefully future featured TFO's will have greater narrative oomph behind them (help compensate for the episode wait, soon to be unfilled by alternative content) and continue to explore the "what else can we offer" pool of rewards.
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
      dtereusb wrote: »

That is what Elite Difficulty is for bud.
      That is what normal difficulty is for - players still learning or those not prepared for advanced difficulty. Choose the level that works best for you. I'm looking forward to this FTFO and hope it brings the same balance as the previous one - something for everybody.
    • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
      When is this starting? Tuesday or Thursday?​​
      tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
      storules wrote: »
      When is this starting? Tuesday or Thursday?

Launcher says Thursday 21. More grind! Yikes.​​
    • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
      Hopefully STO doesn't go the way of Defiance, a 3 week grind event, with a week break before the next event kicks off.

And I don't mind ground stuff... I actually like the ground stuff.
    • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
      Anyone want to take bets on there being a time gate with unskippable cutscenes and unlimited spawns that happen during a fight for this one as well? I know what my strategy will be when this happens. ;)
      Hopefully STO doesn't go the way of Defiance, a 3 week grind event, with a week break before the next event kicks off.

At the moment you only get a weeks break if you hit the event day one of dump zen on the booster.
      edited March 2019

At the moment you only get a weeks break if you hit the event day one of dump zen on the booster.

Yeah this is pretty much where we're at now. That said though the alternative of punctuating grinds with more episodes does have a big problem: they're over in about 20 minutes and even with character replays narrative content doesn't punctuate the game's grinding structure by much (from there, there's endeavors.) The Foundry provided content at a scale and frequency to provide full relief but with that gone I think Cryptic might want to play around with new content formats for their stuff to provide more in-game developments with less targeted grinding (which don't necessarily take the resources of a new episode or PVE to implement.)

Hint: Start doing stuff like we/I did and use social zones to stage it.