test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why can't I build a fractal remodulator on Defera?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I have enough the raw materials but can't seem to get the scientist to make one. I have room to build one in R&D. Any suggestions?

Comments

• tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Check your overflow bag. That seems to be the catch all for anything not working these days. Make sure it's empty
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I have the same issue, I think it's broken.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I though it wasn't an R&D project?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    I have enough the raw materials but can't seem to get the scientist to make one. I have room to build one in R&D. Any suggestions?
    You do not make them through the R&D menu.

If you are aligned with the Federation, you talk to the Federation Research Scientist. If you are aligned with the Klingon Empire, you talk to the Klingon Military Researcher. When the dialogue window pops up, select "let me see your crafting recipes". You will get a list of items you can "craft". Click on the item you want to craft, click the "fabricate" button at the bottom of the window. A progress bar will appear and slowly fill (since the Defera stuff is still based on the old crafting system) and then your item will appear in your inventory.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Confirmed broken on Fed aligned Romulan March 16, 2019 7:00 PDT. Have all materials, nothing in overflow bag.

[3/16 7:12] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #4,835,694.

• indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Thanks Protoneous!
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    There may be a trick to getting it @indyshark Apparently there was a post about it in other forum which I couldn't find. From a friend on their Fed toon who got a fractal remodulator quite recently -

"You need to wait until he despawns and respawns, you'll see him get a new random NPC face, and you quickly open and spam the craft button ... you can tell when it happens easily when his klingon counterpart has a transporter effect on him ... it seems to happen fairly often. every few minutes ... and when it worked for me, I did not have the crafting window open until after I saw the reset, then I opened it and quickly spammed".

Apparently this is just a matter of "jiggling the handle" so to speak and not related to zone resets on Defera. Hope this helps you, and perhaps the person troubleshooting the issue as well.
    Thanks. I'll try it and see if I can get it to work
    It did't work for me The face didn't change
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Same problem here, also made a bug report. I hope they fix it soon.
  • razelgrazelg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I tried right after the map reset and was able to make one fractal modulator only. Just a couple of days ago, you just keep trying i guess.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My Discovery Character couldn't craft it either as well as anything else.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Keep on trying, I was able to do it eventually.