test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission Replay: TO BE FILLED IN

fury#0751 fury Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Yg5lUI0.png

So, lets talk about this complete lack of any tribbles dev/qa and Cryptic have regarding the quality of your product:

"Romulan - Missions", "Romulan - Info" - other than the fact that these tabs are in no way specific to Romulans or the Romulan campaign what exactly do these two phrases tell me?

"TO BE FILLED IN" - Why does the Episode Replay Screen listing available missions even exist for this text to me missing? Clicking on "Back" literally goes to a menu that lists the actual available missions.

"Back" - This button returns to the previous screen of the now outmoded Episode replay interface, but it nonetheless tries to offer access to all the different fronts (Romulan, Klingon, etc) - all of which are empty.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Oh dear. Are they ever going to fix this Mission Journal revamp???

Wasteland Mission Replays should show up in Episodes tab for Romulans, because it is part of the story arc. Unless skipped then they would show up in both, but in Available it should show under the mission giver, not under a header labeled with "Replay".

The program apparently is confusing the way Romulan Wasteland Episodes should be set up.....with the way other factions should be seeing the Wasteland missions set up. And giving you some form of a combination after the last patch.

I have quit looking at this mess that closely until I see something in the patch notes. I been busy playing Foundry missions.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited March 2019
    Oops hit quote instead of edit and ended up with double post. I hate typing on the Kindle browser. Lol!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I think I need to give up on getting my Rom and Fed Delta Recruits finished. Or just consider just doing the parts I can go unlock what I am missing, account wide.

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    This also appears on my main Federation character as well. When you go to Starfleet - Info or whatever it is called. Have not looked at my Klingon, Fed'Hadar, Discovery, or TOS character to see if it is a thing on them as well. They need to remove more of the old code and keep the new code intact in that section.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    This also appears on my main Federation character as well. When you go to Starfleet - Info or whatever it is called. Have not looked at my Klingon, Fed'Hadar, Discovery, or TOS character to see if it is a thing on them as well. They need to remove more of the old code and keep the new code intact in that section.

I checked it on everyone, and it's all the same information in those sections. It includes lists of missions broken down by the old Front categories with all of the old Starfleet Missions for everyone, many of which no longer even exist for Starfleet. The interface isn't really "outmoded," though, as it's the same interface that you get when you have a bunch of choices, like when someone offers to share a mission with you.

I couldn't tell you how much of that was in that tab a month, a year or even five years ago, since that tab was functionally useless even the first time that I used it, so I never looked at it after the first time that I made a Romulan. Hope stopped springing eternal that there would be something new and useful in there at that point.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.