test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kill Accolades via Foundry...

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
so what kill accolades should folks work to get done before foundry goes bye bye?

Salt Vamps is the only one I can think of...

Rebel Klingons was never added right? As far as I know you can only find 1 on Nimbus doing the Hassen base mission, Undying?.

Dividians? I guess you can do the Spectre missions over and over but they dont give a lot of ground mobs each time. But I guess you can beam out and come back to rinse repeat /shrug

Fekiri? But I guess you can get those now due to Dommion expan but again you need to beam out and restart missions.

Can Feds get a mission to kill Feds? Ground and Space?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so what kill accolades should folks work to get done before foundry goes bye bye?

Salt Vamps is the only one I can think of...

Rebel Klingons was never added right? As far as I know you can only find 1 on Nimbus doing the Hassen base mission, Undying?.

Dividians? I guess you can do the Spectre missions over and over but they dont give a lot of ground mobs each time. But I guess you can beam out and come back to rinse repeat /shrug

Fekiri? But I guess you can get those now due to Dommion expan but again you need to beam out and restart missions.

Can Feds get a mission to kill Feds? Ground and Space?

You can get all of the above (I seem to recall even Klingon Rebels per a patch note, but I'm possibly mistaken) in Arena of Sompek. Something to work on while you're trying for all of the round accolades for that.

Funny thing is that now Hirogen will be one of the more difficult Ground accolades, since they don't appear in great quantities in any episodes currently, and I've never encountered them as an enemy in Arena of Sompek. I've even watched through videos of ones that went well over 100 rounds without any. I guess there's another reason to hang out on New Romulus.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OH, Hirogen is in the mission "Alpha"....one of my favorites....on the KDF side.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    where2r1 wrote: »
    OH, Hirogen is in the mission "Alpha"....one of my favorites....on the KDF side.

Doesn't help Fed players.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I wasn't helping Fed players. Hence: ".....on the KDF side" added to my comment.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited March 2019
    Now, my friend @ichaerus1 told me there is a mob inside the Warehouse on New Romulus that counts for an accolade...I believe it has to do with the Orions in there.

Maybe he can confirm it if he comes back at all. He is not happy about the game and Foundry situ, right now. I never made this accolade chase....And so many who have tried are leaving or have left with the info.

@tigeraries have you checked to see if the Wiki has any info?

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Salt vamps definitely. They'll be pretty much gone after the Foundry goes out.

I'd do feds fedside as second priority, as they're pretty rare. Unforunately, the rival klingons never made it to Foundry.

Fek'ihri, devidians, ground undine, maybe ground na'kuhl as QoL. Stuff that aren't rare but would require repeating missions a lot.

Anything that appears in a battle/adventure zone or in respawning horde queues/episodes is not worth Foundrying.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Now, my friend @ichaerus1 told me there is a mob inside the Warehouse on New Romulus that counts for an accolade...I believe it has to do with the Orions in there.

Maybe he can confirm it if he comes back at all. He is not happy about the game and Foundry situ, right now. I never made this accolade chase....And so many who have tried are leaving or have left with the info.

@tigeraries have you checked to see if the Wiki has any info?

For KDF pylons wanting the severed Orion matriarch heads trophy for their ship bridge, the best way to do that, is to do Warehouse on New Romulus. It will take you 25 runs of that place to get the accolade. Hop in, do a full clear, evac out. Don't turn in the mission unless you want to deal with the mission timer. It will take around 10-15 minutes to do a full clear of all 40-ish Orion bad guys. It's pretty much the only real way to get it, other than one mission that gives around...three a pop, for KDF side. Nimbus 3 won't count towards it. And there's no Foundry mission to get KDF players that credit. I noticed real soon after I got it and showed some Orion roleplayers the trophy, they started spending a lot of time on New Romulus to get it for themselves.
    The Hirogen on New Romulus count towards another accolade.

Klingon Granny is correct. I'm not happy with the game, or the Foundry situation. The splintering of the roleplaying community even further over the past few months has been something else to add to the pile.
    edited March 2019

Even then, there are maybe 20 on a huge ground map. You may like it, but I was sick of it after doing it twice for the mutually exclusive accolades. The tip about the Orions for Klingons above did bring something else to mind, though. There are also several Hirogen spawns on that warehouse map, so you can get progress on a couple of ground accolades.

Thinking of other ones, Hirogen ships are pretty sparse now for everyone. just a couple of Delta patrols, and a few in some of the Delta missions. Thankfully, one of those patrols is Argala, if you get lucky. Remans on the ground for KDF, especially, will probably be an issue, given that none of the ones in Frozen count. Space Remans are also pretty sparse for everyone, but moreso for KDF. Starfleet characters can get Remans in some of their old patrols, so would just need to find those and be careful not to complete them. Feds would also be a good one to get now for KDF-allied Romulans, since they can't do Second Star to the Right on their own, and their only native source is a few in Memory Lane.
    Post edited by anodynes on
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    You know this is something I never bothered with. Only thing I checked here was klingon rebels. Outside of that, I explored RP maps and played the story missions.

To alleviate this loophole, all they needed to do was disconnect the foundry from accolades.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »
    You know this is something I never bothered with. Only thing I checked here was klingon rebels. Outside of that, I explored RP maps and played the story missions.

To alleviate this loophole, all they needed to do was disconnect the foundry from accolades.

They actively supported this loophole. Back in 2012, you couldn't get Federation kills on a Federation character in the Foundry, but they specifically changed that at some point. Text on the Accolade guide still refers to this long-outdated restriction, for instance.

Looking at the list on that page shows some misinformation. As I mentioned above, Remans in Frozen don't count because you don't kill them. Feds will find Remans in Taris, and Romulans will find them in Revelation, but Klingons are kind of out of luck there. Also, no kills for ships count for Fed in Starbase 234, and there is no ground portion of that. I'm honestly wondering if there will be any source of Fed ships for Feds and allied Romulans and Jem'Hadar after Foundry goes away. The ground Feds in Beyond the Nexus might count, but I haven't really checked.

Many newer enemies were withheld from Foundry for a time, presumably to encourage people to get the accolades for them the "proper" way. This has become less necessary since Delta Rising, with the developers making essentially grind maps themselves for new ground accolades. The first ground maps where you face Vaadwaur and Heralds that you can actually kill, for instance, will likely net you the 100 accolade for each on your first run. Nah'kuhl have a rather plentiful ground map fairly early on that will probably get you at least 30 in a short run, and the first map with Tzenkethi gives somewhere close to 80 in a complete run. Pretty much all of those have even easier space accolades. Of enemies introduced since Delta Rising, only really Bluegills would be worth doing in the Foundry on ground, and maybe Sphere Builder ships.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I've been running a few foundries on several alts for some of the ground kill accolades.

The mission does 25 waves of 5 enemies. Yet, after completing it, I usually never get 125 kills when I check the accolade progress.

I've tried setting my boffs to passive and hiding them away, as well as not using any ground combat pets, but get the same result. As far as I can tell, I'm doing all the killing (with kit modules and weapons).

Anyone have any idea why I'm not getting the full 125 kills?
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I've been running a few foundries on several alts for some of the ground kill accolades.

The mission does 25 waves of 5 enemies. Yet, after completing it, I usually never get 125 kills when I check the accolade progress.

I've tried setting my boffs to passive and hiding them away, as well as not using any ground combat pets, but get the same result. As far as I can tell, I'm doing all the killing (with kit modules and weapons).

Maybe there's a daily foundry limit? I know the Foundry has a limit for the day on loot drops. Perhaps there's also one for kills now?
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

Maybe there's a daily foundry limit? I know the Foundry has a limit for the day on loot drops. Perhaps there's also one for kills now?

Well, I could see if there were a limit and I stopped getting any kills.

But, the amount varies from run to run on the same alt. Sometimes as low as 80 and other times in the low 100s - no rhyme or reason - even when I am just starting for the day.

But, the amount varies from run to run on the same alt. Sometimes as low as 80 and other times in the low 100s - no rhyme or reason - even when I am just starting for the day.

Odd. On both ground Feds for Feds ones that I tried, one that does a single map of 125, and one that does two maps of 125 for 250 total, I got all kills that I was supposed to, plus some more on the 125 one, I assume from either dropped constructs or Medics reviving others. Maybe something that you're using for damage is not counting as being owned by you?

I have gotten 1000 that counted in a single session, well after they stopped awarding xp and drops, so there is apparently no (meaningful) daily limit on ground.
    anodynes wrote: »

Odd. On both ground Feds for Feds ones that I tried, one that does a single map of 125, and one that does two maps of 125 for 250 total, I got all kills that I was supposed to, plus some more on the 125 one, I assume from either dropped constructs or Medics reviving others. Maybe something that you're using for damage is not counting as being owned by you?

I have gotten 1000 that counted in a single session, well after they stopped awarding xp and drops, so there is apparently no (meaningful) daily limit on ground.

Something I'm using or doing is most likely not registering as owned by me - the question is what. If the boffs are on passive and I'm not using any combat pets, there doesn't seem to be anything else.

Frankly, it would take more time to test each individual piece of equipment than it would just to run the mission an extra couple runs. Was hoping that someone else had run across this issue and could point me in a direction - though with the foundry closing soon anyway, there isn't a lot of time left.
    Actually, it is NOT a waste of time to do it. Because: if it is happening during a Foundry Mission, it is happening in the rest of the game, too.

When you do these Foundry missions they are set up for testing and you are alone....you can TRACK what is going on easier. So, go figure it out....and make a bug report on the Forums. Then you help everyone.

edited March 2019
    Actually, it is NOT a waste of time to do it. Because: if it is happening during a Foundry Mission, it is happening in the rest of the game, too.

When you do these Foundry missions they are set up for testing and you are alone....you can TRACK what is going on easier. So, go figure it out....and make a bug report on the Forums. Then you help everyone.

Part of the problem appears to be the new event module - Crystal Prism. In test runs, my kills went below the 125 total.

This makes some sense since I never really noticed the problem until the announcement to discontinue the Foundry.

You can add Torment of the Underworld also. It also reduces kill counts.

Post edited by wideningxgyre on
This discussion has been closed.