test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Selection Screen Clone Issue

Hello people at Arc games, Perfect World and Cryptic.

This is an old bug but I hope it can be remedied one of these days. Specifically, the bug involves more than one of your bridge officers showing up with your character in the character selection screen. I have even seen my own character replaced by one of the cloned characters as well! The picture below is a particular example for me.

Star-Trek-Online-Character-Select-Bug.jpg

Is there any chance for this bug to be fixed soon?

Comments

• culexofborgculexofborg Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I can confirm this issue exists though only one toon is affected by it on my end.
    1dca1ded-a5b2-4ebc-b267-a648406a3e37.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Here is the answer from another thread.... hope this helps....
    If you have a duplicate of the same officer appearing on your login screen, the issue is the outfit name.

If both your crew members are saved in the tailor with the same name then they will be duplicated on your character selection screen. Visit the Tailor and make sure all your away team members have unique names saved in the tailor and that will fix the issue.

It's an old issue, been that way for years. Hope this helps you resolve the issue.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1238314/character-selection-screen-crew-shot
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • maphisto86#2647 maphisto86 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Here is the answer from another thread.... hope this helps....
    If you have a duplicate of the same officer appearing on your login screen, the issue is the outfit name.

If both your crew members are saved in the tailor with the same name then they will be duplicated on your character selection screen. Visit the Tailor and make sure all your away team members have unique names saved in the tailor and that will fix the issue.

It's an old issue, been that way for years. Hope this helps you resolve the issue.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1238314/character-selection-screen-crew-shot

Thank you very much! I have evidently been out of the loop because I didn't think a fix for this particular problem existed. I really appreciate your pointing this out to us. :)