test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Peril over Pahvo!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
The danger to Pahvo isn't finished yet. In our latest Featured TFO, Peril over Pahvo, Captains will face an invading fleet of enemy ships to defend this mysterious planet.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11106393

Comments

• starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Is this the last DISCO TFO? I had so much fun with the ground Pahvo event and did not care much for the space one. It was nice but grindy. Couldn't it be better to take a break and offer AoS or something smaller in between. Not sure about others but I'm getting grindy fatigue but can't say no to the new armor.​​
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Ground gear from a space based thing seems odd.

Description makes it sound like it'll be another slaughter while timer runs affair.

And "We've heard your feedback on high level battles, and after a lot of internal testing, we're going to be making our first changes to that difficulty to hopefully make those big fights a little more tenable." really raised an eyebrow since that potentially reduces the need to upgrade gear even more. (not to mention the absurdity of the claim that a lot of testing was done)
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Can we use extra tokens left over from previous events? or would there be a sale to get the 10pack?​​
  • shaadeezshaadeez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    A ground armour is not worth grinding 14 days for imo. I skipped the ground TFO entirely doing it not once because the reward was so meh.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    It looks good from the description. Hopefully it is not over-timered to death or have boring latex-slurred speeches to mute and wait through like T'Kumva's blathering in the Binary Stars one.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    Oh Yay. Another 3 week TFO grind right on the back of the current one.
    If this is the direction of the game under Andre's fearless leadership, I am already so done with it.
    This is not how you should try and deliver story to us.
    But, hey, now that you've taken the Foundry away as an option for story, I guess we should all bow and thank you for anything we get.
    I don't care if it is a great TFO when it launches. Grind event after Grind event does not make for a fun game.
    I don't care what the shiny you give us at the end is.
    Sigh.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Events are happening too soon, grinder events are a lot of work. 2 grinders sooo close together and now a third are quite draining and need to be spread out further apart.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    The armor visual looks very nice, so for that alone I will grind for it, unless it's a per character unlock. There isn't anything in the blog though to say it's an account unlock, so I'm hoping that's an oversight and that once done on one, it's available to all characters on the account.

Now, as far as yet another event so soon after the last one, oy, yeah, fatigue is setting in. Especially considering we'll probably transition from this latest event into the First Contact Day event. Actually, they may be running at the same time if I'm doing the math right. Perhaps FCD will be delayed a bit this year, or maybe not run at all, which would be a shame.

Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    Events are happening too soon, grinder events are a lot of work. 2 grinders sooo close together and now a third are quite draining and need to be spread out further apart.

So because you don't have the time and a busy shedule you want further spread of events.
    ALL other people in the world have to wait because of you?!

That I find rediculous. In my opinion the more events the better. You don't have to play them all, if you do not have the time. Its not mandatory.

Besides if people are afraid to miss out an item, if the events loot is important to you, then you will choose to play it, and skip something else. And most items are obtainable anyway later via other means.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Unless they change it FCD can be fully AFK'd so folk with two accounts can "participate" that while they grind the TFO instead of running the FCD on both accounts at the same time.

As someone that also plays on console the event schedule overlaps just mean that when one is over I drop the game entirely after the items been obtained. As well as the event itself being run on fewer characters so overall online time diminishes because the rewards for the endeavour system being mostly R&D mats I'll never use the incentive to do those just isn't there either.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I do share some opinions that we're having grind events so close to one another, but at least we get a 1 week reprieve at least.

The thing is though that Cryptic set forth to ensure that we have something new to look forward to each month. Personal Endeavors were originally coming out this month, so they had to fill the gap with the TFO instead. In April, we're getting another
    Featured TFO, limited engagement. May should give us Age of Discovery Part 3.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    shaadeez wrote: »
    A ground armour is not worth grinding 14 days for imo. I skipped the ground TFO entirely doing it not once because the reward was so meh.
    Ground Armor for existing characters, that are equipped already with good or even upgraded gear - maybe it is not worth the 14 day grind…
    But Ground Armor that may be claimed and reclaimed on all future new alt toons straight after tutorial (or maybe even during tutorial)… and be equipped on full away team (captain + all BOFFs)?
    For me that's a must have…

Edit: Add to it that Sompek set (Assault Blast + Shield) and all my future away teams are set up from the start.

Edit2: And I'm sure there will be another 10 tokens pack in Zen store for people that value their time...

• feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    In addition, we'll be rolling out some changes to enemy difficulty with this new update. We've heard your feedback on high level battles, and after a lot of internal testing, we're going to be making our first changes to that difficulty to hopefully make those big fights a little more tenable. You'll notice enemies at levels 55 and above will be hitting a little less hard - not so much less to make it easy, though. You'll still need all of your tactics to make it through those big fights.

@ambassadorkael#6946
    Could we get more informations about that one? Like is it just for normal and/or advanced/elite? Does it apply to Episodes and/or TFO's?

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    totenmet wrote: »
    tomilak wrote: »

So because you don't have the time and a busy shedule you want further spread of events.
    ALL other people in the world have to wait because of you?!

That I find rediculous. In my opinion the more events the better. You don't have to play them all, if you do not have the time. Its not mandatory.

Besides if people are afraid to miss out an item, if the events loot is important to you, then you will choose to play it, and skip something else. And most items are obtainable anyway later via other means.
    It can seem at times that events happen somewhat close together or even more than one at a time. Great for some, not so good for others. One person's keeping busy is another person's binge gaming. I mean who would want to play a video game on a sunny summer day? That I find 'rediculous' (sic). Sure they're not mandatory but time limited is time limited.

I'm glad they're mixing things up with ground and space.
    valoreah wrote: »
    It is not mandatory. Can totally skip it if you want to.
    Sometimes I finish an event next event :wink:
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    So, this is the new Paradigm for STO - a new Grind event every two weeks (with a couple days of a break because events end on Tues. and patch days are Thurs.)

Welcome to: Grind Trek Online
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • anticlayanticlay Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Nice, the more bonus marks on these featured tfos the better. I've ran Pavho ground alot, and I didn't get to run it on all of my toons nearly as much as I had hoped to.. Bring it on STO.. I'm ready for the grind!!
  • psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    If this is an account unlock, like the Crystal Prism, it will be worth it for a cool costume. If not, will not waste the time on another grinder. Hope this isn't the shape of all new content going forward.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    The danger to Pahvo isn't finished yet. In our latest Featured TFO, Peril over Pahvo, Captains will face an invading fleet of enemy ships to defend this mysterious planet.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11106393

It says it starts in March. We're March 14th. Could you be more specific?
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    First, I wonder about the referenced defense systems - specifically, are they similar to the ones in Swarm, or Daranuur Gauntlet? Which latter is annoying because someone thought making the three platforms outright immune to healing was a good idea (see also: the starbase in Days of Doom). Quick hint: it isn't.

Since we're talking about incoming fleets, does this mean in fact an actual free-for-all with us in one corner, and the DSC!Terrans and Klingons in the other two?

Concerns about rigid timegates are justified (see: Mirror Invasion) - they should be rare; much preferred are mechanics which let things play out faster if everyone's on the ball. Recent example: both phases of Pahvo Dissension have timers, true, but completing the relevant objectives (purifying all three crystal strings in the first; taking down both HVTs in the second) serves to wrap things up immediately.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    shaadeez wrote: »
    Ground Armor for existing characters, that are equipped already with good or even upgraded gear - maybe it is not worth the 14 day grind…
    But Ground Armor that may be claimed and reclaimed on all future new alt toons straight after tutorial (or maybe even during tutorial)… and be equipped on full away team (captain + all BOFFs)?
    For me that's a must have…

Edit: Add to it that Sompek set (Assault Blast + Shield) and all my future away teams are set up from the start.

Edit2: And I'm sure there will be another 10 tokens pack in Zen store for people that value their time...

Same thought for future Boff equipment.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    is this armor better than the Mk 13 UR Rep armors? I doubt it... so basically a 2 week grind for marks... hope it's short like a borg/tolian RA.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I've been offline for about a week due to a long distance move - my longest break since the beginning. So I'm looking forward to this - hurrah!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes, you can use previously saved TFO Commendations.

The Episodes they have been releasing of late used to be where you got your Weekly Featured Account Bonus. Now you get three of them all at once from completing the Featured TFO. And the equipment that you used to get in the Featured Episode is not being given in the Episodes as they release. The Episode Rewards are sort of lackluster at best.

The equipment reward you get for completing the 14-day Featured TFO is an Account Unlock but does not, to this point, seem to be part of a Set. Just one-offs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    @ambassadorkael#6946 Since it's not mentioned in the description, and I know many will want conformation on this. I'm pretty sure what I'm about to ask it a yes. However, on the off chance.

If the costume an account unlock?
    Mm5NeXy.gif