test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gamma Recruit, no title, no transponder

cmcatcmcat Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Greetings,

On June 15th, 2018 during the gamma event, I created a Gamma Recruit as outlined by your article dated June 4th, 2018.

This Jem'hadar character however, has no title of recruit, and no transponder.

As outlined by your official article, the ONLY thing a player needs to have done to have received these items, was to create a character during this time period.

Article reference: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10917213-join-the-gamma-recruits!

Note that there is NOTHING mentioned about having to complete ANY other tasks or missions during the event in order to fulfill the criteria of a new Gamma Recruit. NOTHING.

In fact, quoting from your official article, a player only need create the character during the event in order for him or her to be a full gamma recruit, this is a direct quote:

From June 5th to July 18th, new Dominion captains will be known as Gamma Recruits, and they will be bred with the knowledge and capability needed to defeat this threat, save the Dominion, and ensure its future dominance over the Gamma Quadrant.

I have a feeling that completing the first part of the story arc during the event was part of the deal, however, if it was, then it was NEVER mentioned here, or anywhere else on any official cryptic posting that I am aware of.

Please rectify this error, and grant my Jem'hadar character what was promised based on your own words, full title of recruit and transponder.

Thanks!

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I know it is kinda "cryptic" but in the 5th paragraph it says:

"....handlers within the Dominion will issue a special Transponder device, allowing a new UI element to be accessed which will display these additional objectives."

You needed to get that Transponder during the Tutorial to unlock access to the Gamma Recruit UI.
    No UI, no Gamma Recruit.

It was the same with Delta Recruits and Temporal Recruits....you had to get that special device in order to activate Recruit UI....and therefore unlocked the Recruit status.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Were you around for the other Recruit events, at all?
    It is something that is easy to overlook if you had not encountered it. Many people have.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    and for future reference, delta roms and kdf must finish the tutorial during the event just like the gamma or the tutorial will stuck!!
  • cmcatcmcat Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I know it is kinda "cryptic" but in the 5th paragraph it says:

"....handlers within the Dominion will issue a special Transponder device, allowing a new UI element to be accessed which will display these additional objectives."

You needed to get that Transponder during the Tutorial to unlock access to the Gamma Recruit UI.
    No UI, no Gamma Recruit.

Its not just "kinda cryptic", it says nothing at all about having to complete ANYTHING other then just creating a captain to achieve recruit status and receive the transponder. "Handlers within the Dominion" are nothing more then the Temporal NPC's that deal with reward items. This statement means nothing to justify not being clear on the event objectives.

Also, the beginning of that paragraph states: "Gamma Recruits will find out quickly that they have been selected to participate in a series of special operations. These will help to prepare for combating the Hur’q threat, and operating alongside new allies from the Alpha and Beta Quadrants."

This indicates that a character would ALREADY be a gamma recruit, with the gamma recruit title, when they begin these missions, not the reverse.
    Post edited by cmcat on
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    this summer there will be a aoy recr. rerun and next summer a gamma one don't worry. maybe the team can make it so that people can choice wich recruit ...
    Well, the rule with these recruits is get those devices, or you have not built a Recruit. And the device is only available DURING the event.

Is it clear in the blog? No. Does first time creation of these Recruits cause other players to miss out because it is not clear? Yes. Has Cryptic reconfigured anyone's character because of arguments to the effect that rules were not clear? No, pretty sure they have not.

Sadly, you will have to wait for the next Recruiting event to roll a new one. Nothing you can do about your current character.

• trench216#3693 trench216 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Have you tried claiming the transponder from your Temporal Investigator contact at your chosen faction's HQ? It is reclaimable from him if you accidentally trashed it, so it might be claimable from him if you forgot to pick it up from Weyoun during the tutorial. ESD, the guy standing right outside Admiral Quinn's office, and in the Great Hall on Q'onos just to the right of the entrance standing next to Ambassador Staaass.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    A comment for future event. It can't help the OP.
    COULD be the message from trench216 just above this one (for example) can help the OP though!

Even while it's not always told or even NEEDED, and BESIDE getting the transponder/other device during event time - which is ALWAYS NEEDED, and doing what other requirements announced at that time for a char to be considered a recruit,

Better IMO ALSO just in case finish tutorial fully/chose faction IF applicable/move to "main" or "current" timeline IF applicable DURING the recruitment event, EVEN IF not strictly mentioned. It might save troubles later.
    If you can't, 1st priority IMO is at least getting the transponder and then finishing the tutorial (and move to current time if applicable) during event

IF possible, I think better also not logout before getting your transponder/device IMO, and also, I'd recommend making SURE you get the transponder at the time/area you are supposed to (and don't skip cut-scenes during tutorial...), and, if possible, better IMO not logout in the tutorial. Logging off during tutorial (while might be long) might cause some troubles in resuming it anyway - even during the event - some of which are solvable and some are - less so.
    (BTW IIRC I had some (solvable after multiple tries) issue in the 1st space map for a delta rom recruit, I think it was while I had to leave the game in the middle after I got the transponder and resumed tutorial during the event. Resume was putting the char on a different (previous?) map and/or objectives were temporarily bugged - I don't remember the details. I eventually finished this char's recruitment needs during the event and it was all solved - char is fine now and is a nearly finished delta, but it was not trivially solved and required multiple "restarts" of something. If stuck during event though you can try again on a new char instead of what I did - if having enough time and desire for that.)

P.S.
    Where21 is right - one's failed 1st delta char got "life" as delta again during the second run of the delta event and I think he managed to restore it to be a normal delta (finished the needed objectives such as transponder + maybe tutorial? - unsure). but delta events are rare.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    garaks31 wrote: »
    and for future reference, delta roms and kdf must finish the tutorial during the event just like the gamma or the tutorial will stuck!!

Saw that comment late. Thank you garaks31

Ah nevermind I had a different issue DURING the event but your tip is helpful :)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on