test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well Travelled Trait: Changed REQ, not timer?

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited March 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Seems doing "Tour the Galaxy" visiting all Beta Quadrant system doesn't unlock it any more, but I think this has been greatly expanded, yet I also remember some other things they were going to revise, and I don't think they ever did.
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    On what character or characters do you have this problem? I have this trait on my main character don't know about the others since I really have not toured the galaxy with them.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I don't recall seeing a message when it awarded, but my Jem'Hadar has it. He's only done Tour the Galaxy when it was the Endeavor. I always try to get as far as I can in that, even though the Endeavor is for visiting five systems. He hasn't finished the whole thing, but has gotten within one or two systems. Full Beta Quadrant, and nearly all of Alpha Quadrant in one run.

Aside from him, my only characters that did it after the sector space revamp are my Temporal Agent and, presumably, my Delta Recruits. On the Temporal Agent, I seem to recall getting the message sometime after finishing the Beta Quadrant, then transwarping to the Alpha Quadrant and picking up a few more systems.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2019
    Well I have 3-4 with "Well Travelled as well, yet only recently started, doing Tour the Galaxy as I had a bit of available time.

Now perhaps they want all the Alpha & Beta Quadrants done now, not just the Beta Quadrant like before...

I've logged as a BUG however as I seem to recall they also spoke at one point expanding the timer at least slightly...
    0zxlclk.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    I do recall that in the Sector Space revamp, we were told the time limit for the Tour would be increased, but it *still* is 'bugged' at 15 minutes...?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    edited March 2019
    I also did the entire Alpha Quadrant a day or so following the Beta Quadrant being done. Yet still have yet to earn the Trait as it seems they want this all 33 systems done in one pass, while it used to require only the 21 in the Beta Quadrant, and I'm perfect fine with this...

But I also remember they had talked despite it being made more challenging, were also considering expanding the timer or at least I thought that was the claim yet haven't?
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »
    Well I have 3-4 with "Well Travelled as well, yet the last 2-3 times I did all Beta Quadrant, it never showed up...

Now perhaps they make you wait till the next time you do all Alpha Quadrant as well, or you require doing all of Beta and at least 2-3 in Alpha as in addition but I don't think so.

I think this is a BUG that's not awarding the Trait in the last few months...

On what information are you basing the assumption that it should award after finishing the Beta Quadrant? I ask because the only time since the sector space revamp that I remember seeing it reward, it rewarded after finishing Beta and some of Alpha in the same run of Tour the Galaxy.

My Jem'Hadar's log has it rewarded on 10/25/2018, and he has done Tour the Galaxy exactly twice. He got it the first time, since the second time was on 2/8./2018. I assume that those were the only two times that Tour the Galaxy came up as the Universal Endeavor since he was created.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    edited March 2019
    Well it always used to award doing Beta as it was the biggest, though I admit after the Sector Space Revamp I hadn't done it much similar to you and possibly many others. Yet reading the 'Tour the Galaxy' description it states, "You will earn Energy Credit for each Sector you see, and a bonus reward if you visit them all!"

So the Primary reason for logging this as a BUG, is I too like the person above remembers, they had originally identified there were some changes to how the Trait was earned, but I too also remember them identifying there would be some additional time given. While the # of systems required has grown from 21 out to 33, the time however is still at 15 minutes or 900 seconds.
    I do recall that in the Sector Space revamp, we were told the time limit for the Tour would be increased, but it *still* is 'bugged' at 15 minutes...?

So that's why I'm logging this as a BUG. Now I'm perfectly fine they expanded the requirement, but they've never even slightly increased the time like an extra 1 minutes. The requirement has grown from 21 systems, out to almost 33 systems, and still we have yet to see any systems in the upper two Alpha Quadrants added. Maybe this is a chance to add a few new systems and rethink the timer giving a little extra all at the same time?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Tour_the_Galaxy/Walkthrough

Still it seems some are able to do it, if their gear their ships just right, with Transwarp, or Slipstream Duty Officer's to reduce cooldowns, and possibly others like endeavor's and maximize the consoles, ship deflectors, or impulse and others to maximize speed. I mean I'm fine even if this was a tiny increase even if only 30-45 seconds, I'm just mostly curious cause I thought they said it was going to increase...

<3
    0zxlclk.png
    As far as the timer on the thing goes, they outright said that they had increased it in the blog about the sector space revamp. Clearly, that isn't the case, since it's still 15 minutes even, so that's either a miscommunication, a change of mind, or a bug. They never responded to any mentions of it, as far as I know, so we have no idea which of those it is. I would be happy to join you in calling that part a bug, as it is not working as the last communication that we had from them said that it would. There was no mention by anyone on the team about the trait with the sector space revamp, though.

I see now they also revisited or corrected an issue that caused Slip Stream to PROC a little, or a lot earlier than perhaps it should have. So maybe they are reconsidering this, &/or are looking at adding a few new systems, at least to Alpha's upper 2 or 3 upper rows?

It be a great way to add a few new systems, while also allowing them to make good on an old commitment, of giving a little more time that factor's in Endeavor and other system changes at the same time. o:)
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »
    The requirement has grown from 21 systems, out to almost 33 systems, and still we have yet to see any systems in the upper two Alpha Quadrants added.

By the way, this isn't true. The requirement for this version has been the same amount of systems ever since it was changed to visiting systems with the Sector Space Revamp. The only change since then was that Ferenginar moved up one sector from where it used to be when they expanded the Alpha Quadrant map.

Every previous version of the Tour was about visiting sectors within the various sector blocks, not about hitting specific points in sector space.
    I know. I said (above) it changed with the Sector Space Map, my point was only that they never increased the timer. Not that I'm trying to dwelling on that, I'm just trying to mention it cause they never did. Yet I acknowledge there have been other changes since, I'm more concerned that Alpha has no systems that ever spawn in the top 2 rows.

So I simply thought this might allow them to review, all of the Alpha system to 'mix' it up a bit, while still making good on their commitment to increase the timer, yet also factors in new changes benefet's to Impulse from Endeavor's. So the end result might only be a very negligible increase especially if you now require visiting 34/35 systems.

But it would be nice to see all Alpha Quadrant in 'white'. :)
    0zxlclk.png