test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat difficulty change.

empresslesbian#5797 empresslesbian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi, since the last patch my weapons, shields and abillities on 3 seperate characters has become drasticly weaker, my characters keep dying almost instantly in ground battles and my ships are getting destroyed that i have never had a problem with before, all of these characters are at different levels and i always set the difficulty to normal on all of them, the gear/equipment have been great up until the last patch, now nothing is good enough to get me through the simplest of missions, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Post edited by empresslesbian#5797 on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Please state what the levels the characters you are seeing this problem with? That may help start a convo here.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • empresslesbian#5797 empresslesbian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    sure, my klingon character is level 52, my other two characters are level 65, one of the level 65 characters has had the same gear for this one mission before and after the update (which was jabberwocky, i repeated it on purpose) before it dealt with the mission with ease but after the patch the ship got destroyed twice and my character died 3 times, no changes from gear, bridge officers or difficulty settings that i could see.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Going to ask the absolute dumbass question. Did you check your traits are still slotted?
    I've often found that if I suddenly experience a significant decrease in performance, the game accidentally unslotted my traits.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    edited March 2019
    yep, checked all three characters, all traits slotted, including rep traits.
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Even with traits slotted and skills set up as best I can, I tend to avoid space battles above level 50. Especially at level 65. Even at Mk XII, most space battles tend to be suicide missions for me (not just vs. Borg) ... though, somehow, if my ship is a carrier, the hangar pets do just fine. Maybe I just need to find a ship that's just like a hangar pet. Maybe then I'd survive better, without having to upgrade everything to Mk XIII-XV. One can hope. (I also play on normal setting, though it's no longer the normal setting of pre-Delta-Rising days.)

Btw, not only can traits get unslotted by the game, weapons can also be unslotted, as well as anything in your device slots. Maybe even consoles, but that seems to be rare (if ever). What "fun" (sarcasm) to go into combat, only to find out that you're not ready to fight at your usual level because the game unslotted things that you need to fight with. If it's at all possible, I try to remember to check every slot in my character and their ship *before* going into combat. Don't trust the game to leave your character and ship unchanged.

Also btw, about a month ago, I had to completely re-choose one character's skills. No, I didn't accidentally click on "respec". I just noticed (for the first time) that all the skills I'd chosen were no longer chosen. At least I didn't have to pay any zen to go through the process all over again.
    i someetimes have consumables dissapear and thee bug where your character cant aim but i havent experienced the rest of those, sounds rough.
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I guess I encounter some of the weird bugs that most (if not all) of the other players don't encounter. Lucky me.