test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

D7 Temporal Battlecruiser, (Tier 6 K'tinga)

chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
Apparently the hull is made of pure Unobtainium

Only real way to get one is to buy the Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century Tier 6 Ship from the Exchange, where it sells for (dramatic pause) 1.2 BILLION EC, and slowly rising. A few weeks ago it was 1.1 Billion, but the price just keeps slowly going up over time.

Would it really break the game completely to have these in the Zen store? I have wanted one for the longest time, but I have no real hope of ever getting one.

I have Zen to spend, but there's literally nothing in the Zen store that interests me. The last ship I bought was an MW cruiser, and dear LORD have mercy, what a...no, wait. Let's be polite and just say that "it did not suit my style of play". There, how was that for diplomatic?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    If it was made of pure Unabtonium, you couldn't even get it for 1.2. Billion EC.

There is no chance of it becoming a C-Store ship. Once it's in a lockbox or promobox, it's not going anywhere else.

I actually own it. It's really a good, powerful ship.
    But, as a consolation: They didn't do anything at all about the ship model, unlike they did for the T6 Constitution. It's still launch level quality. So maybe it's better if you pick another canon ship that actually is in the C-Store and has a better model quality.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    If it was made of pure Unabtonium, you couldn't even get it for 1.2. Billion EC.

There is no chance of it becoming a C-Store ship. Once it's in a lockbox or promobox, it's not going anywhere else.

But, as a consolation: They didn't do anything at all about the ship model, unlike they did for the T6 Constitution. It's still launch level quality. So maybe it's better if you pick another canon ship that actually is in the C-Store and has a better model quality.

It's a wonderful ship, and if you can grab it for a billion (not 1.2 billion)- worth the EC. The model is acceptable although it needs to be updated. The worse item is that the markings are completely wrong, that however doesn't stop me from flying it.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The T6 D7 is a really good ship. I enjoy it a lot more than the T6 Constitution. Still I fly both every day. You should definitely get a D7, OP.

That said, the price is relatively stable right now. At one point, it topped out at around 1.6-1.8 billion before changes were made to the ec caps. At another point, the price bottomed out at around 900 million and has been around 1.0-1.2 billion since.
    The D7 model is newer IIRC and was made specifically for the T6 release along with the D7 skin. Granted it's a pretty basic smooth look like the D7 had in the show. The K'tinga isn't the greatest model and the skin options are fairly meh. Performance wise, it's really good though.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    I know the situation with it being in a box already but if they made a T6 Conny/D7 pack they would stand to make a mint off of it. Hopefully one day they will offer this.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I know the situation with it being in a box already but if they made a T6 Conny/D7 pack they would stand to make a mint off of it. Hopefully one day they will offer this.

I assure you, they make a lot more off people buying boxes trying to win it.

If they stood to make more by selling it in the C-Store then that's exactly what they would do.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I do thank you all for your responses and suggestions.

I have been playing STO since 2012, and I think I have at least a decent grasp of the mechanics of the game's economy, but I have never figured out how people accumulate the vast fortunes of 1B+ needed to afford something like this D7 Temporal Battlecruiser. It's not that I am unwilling to spend the EC, it is that I do not have anywhere near that much. My total "fortune" is only about 200 million EC at this point in time. There was a brief time when one could make some EC crafting things, but the changes in the game soon put an end to that. Partly, I suppose, this is the harsh reality of the F2P/P2W business model; the best gear must always come from the in-game store, or the model doesn't work.
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Don't ever buy keys from the C-Store, that's basically just throwing half your money away. Buy promo packs, sell them after the event ends and prices rise, then buy the ship at the next event when the prices fall again.

ruinthefun, that's a useful suggestion, but let me ask - could you please be more specific about what exactly you mean by promo packs?

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I do thank you all for your responses and suggestions.

I have been playing STO since 2012, and I think I have at least a decent grasp of the mechanics of the game's economy, but I have never figured out how people accumulate the vast fortunes of 1B+ needed to afford something like this D7 Temporal Battlecruiser. It's not that I am unwilling to spend the EC, it is that I do not have anywhere near that much. My total "fortune" is only about 200 million EC at this point in time. There was a brief time when one could make some EC crafting things, but the changes in the game soon put an end to that. Partly, I suppose, this is the harsh reality of the F2P/P2W business model; the best gear must always come from the in-game store, or the model doesn't work.
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Don't ever buy keys from the C-Store, that's basically just throwing half your money away. Buy promo packs, sell them after the event ends and prices rise, then buy the ship at the next event when the prices fall again.

ruinthefun, that's a useful suggestion, but let me ask - could you please be more specific about what exactly you mean by promo packs?
    Infinity Promotion Packs, the exist in R&D and in Duty Officer form.
    When for example an Infinity R&D Promotion is running, any R&D box you buy from the C-Store will be a special box. If you open the box, you get the usual R&D Box, and either 10 Lobi or a box with a choice of Promotion ship. If you don't open that special box, you can sell it on the Exchange.

The prices fluctuate, during a promotion when these boxes become available, they tend to go down, and a while after the promotion ran its course, they tend to go up. EIther way, at the typical prices you can get on the Exchange, you can get a decent amount of EC for the Zen. Better than if you bought Master Keys and sold the keys on the Exchange these days.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I would be happy if they released a T5 zen store vesion of both the Connie and the D-7
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.