test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 3/7/19

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited March 2019 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 3/7 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Both the links lead to the time instead of the patch note link leading to the notes.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11107443-pc-patch-notes-for-3/7/19
    General:

The character creation UI has been updated with an all new look and player experience.
    -Simplified UI visuals and smoother progression process through the Character Creation.
    -To celebrate the new UI we are giving 1 additional character slot to everyone.
    -Updated Allegiance descriptions for all allegiance choices.
    -Updated descriptions of all classes, for all allegiances.
    -Nausicaans now have a full set of head presets to choose from.
    -Added Lethean Head preset choices that were previously never created.
    -Added missing Tail customization for Caitian Characters.
    -Resolved sorting issues within the various options.
    Resolved an issue that was preventing items from being unlocked after purchasing any Packs from the Arc website.

Systems:

"Defeat Tholian" Personal Endeavors now properly track Tholians wearing EV suits.
    Removed the extraneous "Endeavor: " text from the title of all Universal Endeavors.

Woot! Free character slot!

Are the new Lethean and Nausicaan options just mean character creation presets, or are there more options coming for the Tailor?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'm not sure if I even want a free slot, I already have more than enough characters.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    Before anyone nit picks. Yes there has been an error with the what time is it link. For those in UTC zone, downtime is at usual time of 3pm - 5.30pm
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    I am not going to create a new character, I have too many characters as it is. Thanks Cryptic for the gesture though.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11107443-pc-patch-notes-for-3/7/19
    General:

The character creation UI has been updated with an all new look and player experience.
    -Simplified UI visuals and smoother progression process through the Character Creation.
    -To celebrate the new UI we are giving 1 additional character slot to everyone.
    -Updated Allegiance descriptions for all allegiance choices.
    -Updated descriptions of all classes, for all allegiances.
    -Nausicaans now have a full set of head presets to choose from.
    -Added Lethean Head preset choices that were previously never created.
    -Added missing Tail customization for Caitian Characters.
    -Resolved sorting issues within the various options.
    Resolved an issue that was preventing items from being unlocked after purchasing any Packs from the Arc website.

Systems:

"Defeat Tholian" Personal Endeavors now properly track Tholians wearing EV suits.
    Removed the extraneous "Endeavor: " text from the title of all Universal Endeavors.

Woot! Free character slot!

Are the new Lethean and Nausicaan options just mean character creation presets, or are there more options coming for the Tailor?

Someday, I hope that Letheans will get a body make over. It's kind of disconcerting when the head and hands look alien, but the rest of the body look a bit too human. It's embarrassing when my Lethean character visits Risa during the Summer Event....
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited March 2019

FYI, there's been a bug in the tailor since Mirror of Discovery was released: On Federation characters, the buttons for the "Head", "Body", and "Uniform" tabs are cut off. You can see the problem by comparing the old and new screenshots below.

Old: https://i.imgur.com/2ic8XiK.jpg
    New: https://i.imgur.com/QiDTaQA.jpg

I suspect it's related to this bug in the character selection screen:

Holodeck ticket 4,810,394: Federation "Play" and "Back" buttons too short

In addition, there is something wrong with the way Caitian fur and whiskers are currently rendered in the tailor. It looks similar to a bug we had a while ago where the transparent parts of textures became visible. (See the old and new screenshots above.)

Also, can we get the "Mass" and "Physique" slider back for the Gorn?

Where are the the options for Gorn? **Known, team investigating bug**
    Gorn no longer have their Mass and Physique sliders.
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Will the option to create a new discovery character with the discovery tactical helmet be added. The option is available for a new 2409 character in the creator but not a discovery one
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I'm curious what these Caitian Tail options are...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    rattler2 wrote: »

Whatever they are, you can bet that they are only for Caitians. :wink:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I know. I have a Caitian.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User

Be fun to create a Human / Caitian hybrid or a Klingon / Caitian hybrid lol
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    While tweaking existing stuff with character and creation menus, I hope the "Reman Female Invisible Body and Legs" issue also gets addressed.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Can't wait to see the improved version, and what's been unlocked and changed :-)
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    There is a hybrid on Risa every year, This individual is a combination of like 3 diff species in the game. Due to the specific details of whats Involved I suspect he is an npc and not a real person.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited March 2019

So..., no tail options for Fareseans (we need a database for STO in the Star Trek official site, either that or one here on the forums.... I probably misspelled the name of the Klingon aligned species, I would have been able to look it up if there was an available database)?
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    Oh so you add in more lethean and Naasican faces but I can't get a proper ferengi skintone or other facial features?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Like Quark's shark-like teeth? "Mind if I have a bite?" Quark asks his ex-wife. "Be my guest," she replies with a grin.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I don't care as long as my Lethean's head doesn't turn invisible after all the changes.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    Remember, these aren't changes to the in-game Tailor. That hasn't changed. This is for the NEW CHARACTER creator.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • vyzan#4448 vyzan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 3/7 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
    You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team

Ok, you guys made a small mistake, you listed 7 AM UTC, that is Thursday at 2 am EST and 11 PM Wednesday for PST. It is now 11:46 AM EST and server is not logging in. Plus I was playing at 3 AM this morning so either it started at 7 am PST which was 10 AM EST or you have way over shot 2 and a half hour estimate.

BTW, thanks for the slot. I will enjoy it.

Edit, while I typed the post, the server went up. See ya in game...
  • tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    The new character creation menu doesn't seem to show the racial traits anywhere. At least I couldn't find it. Is that intended?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    The new character creation menu doesn't seem to show the racial traits anywhere. At least I couldn't find it. Is that intended?

For now that's intended, until they can figure out how to add them to the new UI.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.