test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WOW Players getting everything thrown their way this weekend (02/28 - until 04/04)

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
Firstly a bonus marks weekend. Fantastic.

Next came LTS sale until 04/04. - If not already a lifer it is the best purchase you could make. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11102153-lifetime-subscription-sale!

Then came the news that the Phoenix prize boxes are back until 03/07. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11099093-phoenix-prize-pack!

Thank you so very much :)

I've yet to come across another MMO that rewards their players so frequently as STO

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I wondered why World of Warcraft news was posted here, but now it makes sense :smile:

Everyone remember to pick up your daily free pack + one-time-use admiralty ship at Drozena Station.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I wondered why World of Warcraft news was posted here, but now it makes sense :smile:

Everyone remember to pick up your daily free pack + one-time-use admiralty ship at Drozena Station.

Lol, me too :D

P.S. Onna on DS9 is working again, I just collected today's package at her.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »

OOO, thanks for the reminder, I always forget about that freebie one!
  • Options

Ohhh I like to confuse. Sees if people are awake lol
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »

Lol, me too :D

Onna was never the problem. The problem was that for some stupid reason the daily mission had a mission step that required you to fly to Drozana.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah ,OK, Ona wasn't broken
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Firstly a bonus marks weekend. Fantastic.

Next came LTS sale until 04/04. - If not already a lifer it is the best purchase you could make. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11102153-lifetime-subscription-sale!

Then came the news that the Phoenix prize boxes are back until 03/07. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11099093-phoenix-prize-pack!

Thank you so very much :)

I've yet to come across another MMO that rewards their players so frequently as STO

I haven't peeked at LOTRO in years, but I know DDO rewards players more frequently than STO. :)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Hard to imagine a model worse than TOR...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @ichaerus1 said:
    > eazzie wrote: »
    >
    > Firstly a bonus marks weekend. Fantastic.
    >
    > Next came LTS sale until 04/04. - If not already a lifer it is the best purchase you could make. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11102153-lifetime-subscription-sale!
    >
    > Then came the news that the Phoenix prize boxes are back until 03/07. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11099093-phoenix-prize-pack!
    >
    > Thank you so very much :)
    >
    > I've yet to come across another MMO that rewards their players so frequently as STO
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I haven't peeked at LOTRO in years, but I know DDO rewards players more frequently than STO. :)

I played DDO and thats BS, the F2P option is worse than TOR's, just garbage.

First of all, DDO/LOTRO were the first MMORPGs to bring out the F2P model. Your statement is idiotic and far from truthful. Or maybe it's just lazy and extra defensive, an attempt to obfuscate. Back to the drawing board for you. At least if you're going to make a statement, offer some evidence as backup. As I am doing now.

I play DDO currently, and I can unlock content(such as from a myriad of quest packs, all with their own level tiers(Low level, Mid level, High level, Epic level)) just by playing the game if I so choose(by earning favor via quests on top of DDO points). DDO holds sales more frequently(always a sale going on during weekend). DDO has weekly free giveaways(with coupon codes). DDO also gives a daily freebie(with the silver chest daily dice roll). DDO additionally offers more than one way to earn DDO points(via the in game Monster Manual, or through favor, on top of the extra DDO points for server milestones for your account) in game. How is this worse than SWTOR? If anything, LOTRO/DDO's model is more rewarding than STO's as well.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Another Poster in a different Thread (now closed as he wasn't understood) made a point that Console Players were getting a free T6 Ship and PC Players only a free Phoenix Prize Pack.

What is relevant, however, is that the ship was an Event Ship that was here and gone before the Console was ever 'born'. No Console Player could ever get it unless from a Phoenix Prize Pack Event and only if they beat the overwhelming odds of getting an Epic Token, let alone enough for all Characters.

This is actually a good idea to bring Console Players up to some level closer to PC Players. They could limit it to ships pre-Console time only.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    @baddmoonrizin close or delete this thread too. Cheers
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    By your command. /Thread

HIi3ZGn.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.