test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why can i not promote my bridge officers under my discovery toon?

ulyssessolo16ulyssessolo16 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
I cannot promote my discovery toon's bridge officers so I can use their abilities. Someone please help.

Answers

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What level is the character you are trying to promote BOFFs on? And do you have enough Expertise points?

And just to be sure, you are on the stat page for each individual BOFF and using the button at the bottom. And nothing is happening?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ulyssessolo16ulyssessolo16 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I am just about to rank up to lt. commander. I have plenty of expertise. the button just remains greyed out and keeps saying officer rank is invalid for promotion. I even added new officers to see if it was just the starting officers I was having the issue with, but it is across the board on all BOFFs
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    OH...you are not high enough level to promote, yet.

BOFFs stay one grade level below your captain.
    Lieutenant Commander/Level 10 is Tier 2, your BOFFs will be Lieutenant which is Tier 1.

Once you get your character up to Commander/Level 20 which is Tier 3...
    you will be able to promote your BOFFs to Lieutenant.

May I ask, what is it that you are seeing that indicates you might need a higher rank BOFF?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin