test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

bwst pah for the dreadnought grind endeavour?

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,599 Arc User
I cannot think of anywhere that I can get 18 dreadnoughts in a mission
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Don't know if its bugged right now though. I JUST killed 4 Dreadnought level enemies... and got 0 credit for my easy Endeavor. 2 Tac Cubes and 2 Borg Transwarp Gates... no credit. Anyone else encounter this? If so I'll post a thread in the Bug section.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    The badlands battlezone is another good location
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    hive space normaly rewards you with 9 dreads and dranuur gauntlet normal is pretty good too, because you could get a lot of dreads in the last stage (depending on your dps). even tho, breen seems to be bad, since they seems to have 2 dread types and just one of them count ^^
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I recommend the Reroll button.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I wanna say there has to be a foundry for this....

But I usually use hive space.

Foundry can't directly spawn Dreadnoughts if you're solo, you have to be in a team (4? 5? players) and go up against Battleships to get it to bump up to spawning Dreadnoughts
    felisean wrote: »
    hive space normaly rewards you with 9 dreads and dranuur gauntlet normal is pretty good too, because you could get a lot of dreads in the last stage (depending on your dps). even tho, breen seems to be bad, since they seems to have 2 dread types and just one of them count ^^

I had little luck with Dranuur Gauntlet Normal (something like 4 ended up counting), and Hive Normal has mainly regular Cubes not Tactical like Advanced/Elite has.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Hive Onslaught Advanced has the most guaranteed dready kills.

Dranuur Gauntlet Normal works if you're high-DPS enough to go through enough of them within the time limit.

Then lots of places have one or two boss dreads.

Probably the space battlezones, but I haven't tried them.

Do note "dreadnought" refers to the NPC tiers. Not everything with "dreadnought" in the name actually is one. Most notably Battle of the Binary Stars has lots of those "Klingon Qugh Dreadnoughts." These are cruiser-tier, so they don't count. The only real dreadnought in the map is the Sarcophagus, which is unkillable.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    Hive Onslaught Advanced has the most guaranteed dready kills.

Dranuur Gauntlet Normal works if you're high-DPS enough to go through enough of them within the time limit.

Most players won't be ready for Hive Advanced nor have enough DPS to get enough in one run of Dranuur Gauntlet Normal. Well, at least without a pre-made or a DPS channel call, which, again most players won't have/do. With a 50k ISA build I only had 4 that counted (pretty sure I got more, but yay, bugs) in Gauntlet with the rest of the players PuGs (likely RTFOs at that).
    Then lots of places have one or two boss dreads.

Any where they're normally quick to get to, and/or spam-able? Most stuff has the Dreads at the very end, and depending on play time available and DPS available, it's a huge pain to be able to get the Dreads needed for the Hard Endeavor in single day or play-session.

If the Red Alerts were an all the time thing, those would be repetitive, but more doable. Tac Cube (though, even that would be pushing the average player) and Unimatrix counts in Borg Red Alert as an example. However, Cryptic took those toys away...
    Probably the space battlezones, but I haven't tried them.

For the Undine Battlezone at least, the last three planet killers count, but you'll need a large group in one area to spawn any dreadnoughts beyond those, but at least that's somewhat doable by informal packing up, depending on time of day. I would expect to spend a lot of time in a freshly reset instance to be able to check the Hard off that way, though.
    Do note "dreadnought" refers to the NPC tiers. Not everything with "dreadnought" in the name actually is one. Most notably Battle of the Binary Stars has lots of those "Klingon Qugh Dreadnoughts." These are cruiser-tier, so they don't count. The only real dreadnought in the map is the Sarcophagus, which is unkillable.

Very good point.
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Badlands battlezone is the best place. At each point when you almost finish the objective a dreadnought will spawn. Once all zone conqured the big battle at the end you can get a least 5 dreadnought.

However, with that many players killing with GW and FAW the dread can die in seconds. There is a percentage of damage you have to do to the dreadnought before the kill counts. I have to switch to FAW to make sure i get more damage faster than the others. Sometime FAW is not enough need to use GW. Using torp and cannon is too slow. It really annoying that it does not register the kill even if you kill it, if you do not get enough damage.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    tom61sto wrote: »
    I recommend the Reroll button.

This is probably the best choice. If you can do it better to collect reroll token close to the max. Some endavour you have no choice but to reroll as no one plays those TFO's.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    This one is easy, but time consuming.

My general rule, if I get this one as the hard then I re-roll it.

If I get it as a Medium, I'll do it if I am right on the verge of gaining a perk point. Otherwise I skip it.

As the easy, with what that one pays for XP, I just skip it.

I rarely get more then 3 in one run of the Badlands, and I can usually get 2 or 3 from Planet Killers in the Undine Zone. If I actually feel like doing these zones and have the time then cool.. otherwise the time/reward ratio for this endeavor is simply not worth it.

This is a good one to save re-roll tokens for.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    They need to up the drop rate of reroll tokens instead of giving credits or sodding useless crafting materials.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Hive Onslaught has about 2/3's of the enemies listed as dreadnoughts. It takes all of about eight minutes to run. It will clear even the high Endeavor in one pass.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Subject Title on these Forums can be edited by the OP. Best Path.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    jslyn wrote: »
    Hive Onslaught has about 2/3's of the enemies listed as dreadnoughts. It takes all of about eight minutes to run. It will clear even the high Endeavor in one pass.

I hate to nitpick and surely agree on Hive Onslaught Advanced to be the #1 map for the dread task but it should be noted that there are only 6 tac cubes, 2 uni ships and the queen present. Its 9 out of 18 if one gets the red endeavor so 2 runs are in order if done here.

If one likes to fight the borg the gateways in ISA/KASA and assimilated carrier in CSA work too by the way. I have not checked yet but could imagine Donatra counts as well.

Come to think of it the dreadnought tasks is one of my favorite in STO as I would get rid of it by shooting the stuff I like to shoot the most anyway. :#
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Subject Title on these Forums can be edited by the OP. Best Path.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @postagepaid said:
    > They need to up the drop rate of reroll tokens instead of giving credits or sodding useless crafting materials.

Negative, I would prefer the complete removal of reroll tokens that I am never going to use.

If you do not want to use that your choice. Leave it for those of us who need to use.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Borg Hive... you can get Dreads in Battlezones... but you need the DPS to make sure you get credit. If they get melted by someone else... you get jack. Frankly group kills in battlezones should count but... I guess in BZ's your not really in a group. Just run borg hive and go try your luck in battlezones, when cool down refreshes go back to Hive.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Don't know if its bugged right now though. I JUST killed 4 Dreadnought level enemies... and got 0 credit for my easy Endeavor. 2 Tac Cubes and 2 Borg Transwarp Gates... no credit. Anyone else encounter this? If so I'll post a thread in the Bug section.

DPS... someone else in group did more than you. Also Transwarp gates have never counted as far as I know.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Negative, I would prefer the complete removal of reroll tokens that I am never going to use.
    I would like them to upgrade the reroll tokens to allow players to reroll already completed endos, to play more.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I've only seen one reroll token between two accounts since they started the personals and it feels like a total pisstake when you spend ages (probably took longer than the tfo based ones) hunting down 18 dreads only to be given 2 normal R&D trash and 150k in credits.

Without the reroll tokens there's very little incentive to go out and chase these down.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    tigeraries wrote: »
    DPS... someone else in group did more than you. Also Transwarp gates have never counted as far as I know.

If you look at the "rank" of the Transwarp Gates... they are classified as Dreadnought Rank.
    And while I was out DPS'd in the Kitomer run, I mean things MELTED, I was pretty on par with everyone in the following Infected run. And STILL didn't get credit. So unless you actually have to land the KILL shot, which never happened in the past as long as you helped take it down... something's screwy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    I've only seen one reroll token between two accounts since they started the personals and it feels like a total pisstake when you spend ages (probably took longer than the tfo based ones) hunting down 18 dreads only to be given 2 normal R&D trash and 150k in credits.
    The perk points are the real reward.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong?

'Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.' :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options

Without the reroll tokens there's very little incentive to go out and chase these down.

That sucks. They've buffed the chance to 25% (at least on PC), from 15% they were orginally, so that's an impressive string of bad luck.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I learned today that if you get a large group in the Badlands then the Dreadnought endeavor is a cake walk.

If the group is large enough at a capture point, the Terrans send in tons of Dreadnoughts. I had it as a Medium Endeavor so I needed 6 of them. I got all 6 at one capture point.

The trick is getting enough people at one point to spawn the dreads, but once you do they flood in for the slaughter.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.