test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannont complete "Promotion: Dahar Master"

alysvanyaalysvanya Member Posts: 28 Arc User
The mission text says for me to speak to J'mpok, i have done so and i can't go any further. I don't know what else to do i've been stuck on this mission for years. If anyone can offer a solution i would be thankful.

Snap_aiehlo2xiE1197402536.png

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    The mission *should* auto complete as you enter the Great Hall and approach J'mpok.
    Have you tried running out of the Great Hall, say to the memorial plaque, and re-entering?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • alysvanyaalysvanya Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Yes, i have done that several times...as you can see from the screenshot, the mission is still active and i'm standing right next to J'mpok.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmm, looks like your character need a reset of some kind. See if @chrian#9670 or @engineerb4#4806 can help.

Your character should not be stuck for YEARS, that's for sure.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello Everyone, @alysvanya , Please put in a support ticket to Arc support to have them add the klingon promotion 8 mission to your character. It appears that it never properly completed that mission, and that is what is preventing the Dahar master mission from completing properly.
    Hello Everyone, @alysvanya , Please put in a support ticket to Arc support to have them add the klingon promotion 8 mission to your character. It appears that it never properly completed that mission, and that is what is preventing the Dahar master mission from completing properly.

kk i will do that, thank you for your assistance.
    I feel like i'm getting the run around. I posted a ticket and arc sends me back to the forum.

Based on the information you supplied it looks like the issue is the result of a bug and while I don't have a fix for you, I'll gather the details that you've given to me and pass them on for further investigation. If you haven't already done so, I strongly encourage you to submit an in-game bug report by selecting "Bug Report" from the list of available help options. Even though you won't receive a response to that report, it will be sent to the devs and the QA team. Something else you may want to do is post about this issue on the official bug reports forum: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports
    edited February 2019
    It is because they ARE giving you the run around.
    Refrain from the tickets.....Try the Live Chat button. I had very good luck with it.

Tell them that is the response you got from the CRYPTIC DEVELOPER in the FORUMS (the exact instructions you already got from them). AND copy and paste what @chrian#9670 said into the chat. That the Devs are telling you to get Customer Service to add this project to your character.

At the least, you may get someone in Customer Service willing to ask someone up the chain to figure out what is going on. The one who doesn't know, can learn something. Or the Dev learns what Customer Service can and can not do.

Sorry, you have to be the one who deals with it.

BTW....when dealing with Customer Service in chat or phone.... ALWAYS get the name of the Customer Service rep you are talking to AND get their ticket number, note the date and time, if you wish. Keep that note on hand. That gives you a reference point if you have to go back to bat for yourself.

Don't publish that info on the Forums unless asked.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    The Live Chat isn't available...

Snap_Gq3PG1BHTA2030048870.png
    edited February 2019
    It's been stuck for 2½ years...

Snap_ylUTRu2xgN637310493.png
    Looking at the time on your post, it was lunch time Pacific time. I would check, again.

i contacted a live chat rep and was told they couldn't help me, so another ticket was filled out.
    edited March 2019
    Hmmm... that is a very odd dialog for that promotion.

Darn it...I just leveled up a Klingon on Tribble the other day...I should have paid closer attention...but I am pretty sure that wasn't what I saw. I think I only had to click on a dialog window and it cleared. And of course I deleted it since. DOH!

edited March 2019
    Anyhoo...I am not sure what to advise you at this point... did they even understand what @chrian#9670 was talking about??? You know the thing about adding Klingon Promotion #8 to your character????

Hope you wrote down the name and got their ticket number they are using to track this.
    Always refer back to the ticket and names...when you are talking to Customer Service.

I took a screen shot of @chrian#9670 's post and attached it to the ticket and this is the response i got...

Snap_q0x8mExRBJ423660332.png
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    OK, I finally stopped laughing. I suggest that you post to the STO subreddit and tag /u/ambassadorkael:

https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/

Explain how a dev on the forums told you to file a customer support ticket, and how customer support sent you back to the forums. Make sure you include the exact responses you got from customer support and chrian#9670.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Also, tag @ambassadorkael#6946 here as well with the relevant information in a PM or just as you did here.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Thank you, i will do that.
    I have done this twice, but haven't received a response.
    Well, I hope while you were going through this Customer Service Hell, you started a new KDF character and leveled it up already.

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    @alysvanya please check your DMs when you get a chance. I'm going to let some folks know about this one and see if we can't get this resolved for you.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator