test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so two requests devs.

can we please get AoD interior to walk around in. The engle could use a new bridge given where located.

Comments

• Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    (Vulgar comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    You got that Sarcophagus ship, Ick??? NOW, I know I can fly around THAT bridge with my B'rel. :) I saw it on TV.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Not sure if the Sarcoschlong ship has gotten its bridge yet, and that was one of the first EssTeeDee ships released in game.
    You got that Sarcophagus ship, Ick??? NOW, I know I can fly around THAT bridge with my B'rel. :) I saw it on TV.
    Not yet, but hopefully soon. Best I can do is the Bortas bridge, and that one's barely large enough to land a BoP
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    (Flaming/Trolling/Vulgar comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    philchap wrote: »
    can we please get AoD interior to walk around in. The engle could use a new bridge given where located.

To paraphrase previous dev streams: the amount of work required to make a ship interior is the same as it takes to make a map for a full mission. The difference is that the population (on average) doesn't spend much time on ship interiors whereas episodes are the game's bread and butter.

If a DSC-era bridge which isn't a Crossfield or Walker makes it into the game for story reasons, chances are it'll be made usable for relevant DSC ships (extra bang for the buck which could help the bridge get made in the first place.) But Cryptic isn't likely to go out of their way to make a bridge just so DSC ships have one that's the right way up. Would be great if they could, but there's a lot of other things they need to work on and they have to prioritize content that'll have the biggest impact.

(To reconcile the problem for my Nimitz I've been using standard bridges on the retcon that in updating the ship with modern tech they've also updated it with a modern interior. Not all headcanoning can accommodate, but it's something to think about.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    Q8HtGF6.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.