test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transport Inhibitor Field not Working on Parvho Dissentsion featured TFO?

val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
I have tried on three runs to use Universal Kit Module - Transport Inhibitor Field and the Terrans still beam in. Is it a bug or has it being nerfed for the mission? When active, there is a noticeable blue dome above the toon so its active and has a boundary that is visible.

Would anyone else like to test this module on Parvho?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    val#9932 wrote: »
    I have tried on three runs to use Universal Kit Module - Transport Inhibitor Field and the Terrans still beam in. Is it a bug or has it being nerfed for the mission? When active, there is a noticeable blue dome above the toon so its active and has a boundary that is visible.

Would anyone else like to test this module on Parvho?

It apparently only works on prime universe transporter tech.

We know the Empire "modified their transporters" centuries ago to prevent Kirk from stealing their women. According to a DS9 episode that was after TOS so wouldn't apply to these Terrans, but it's also possible that's misinformation and it was really done as early as Empress Hoshi's reign since she knew the prime universe exists.
  • val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Ha, good one!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Seriously though it Works on abilities beam ins but not "spawns". Meaning that it will prevent engineers from calling in fabrications or tac officers from calling in security teams, but it won't prevent spawns coded into the mission/TFO itself to prevent players from trivializing the content.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Seriously though it Works on abilities beam ins but not "spawns". Meaning that it will prevent engineers from calling in fabrications or tac officers from calling in security teams, but it won't prevent spawns coded into the mission/TFO itself to prevent players from trivializing the content.

Yeah, using that module in a team essentially means saying FU team.

This module will most likely suffer from the same problem:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Jam_Subspace_Transmissions

I am still baffled why any engineer or tactical player would use that monstrosity of a kit module.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited February 2019
    questerius wrote: »

I am still baffled why any engineer or tactical player would use that monstrosity of a kit module.
    Well it did work with everything with a "beam in" animation, the module from the OP could used to trivialize content where you have enemies beam in to fight you while you try to protect something (like the Pahvo TFO) but it's such an obvious exploit that I would have been more surprised had it actually worked, then I am about the fact that it didn't work.

EDIT:the game is very specific about certain things and for the most part NPC don't "beam in allies" but rather more NPC groups "spawn in".

This wording isn't random, when a module says "stops beaming in allies or fabrications" it means you cannot bring additional NPC in addition to the base NPC groups but it won't stop the base groups from spawning in.

EDIT2:If the tooltip is to be belived neither of those modules has "friendly fire" so at least it won't prevent friendly fabrications summoning.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Well it did work with everything with a "beam in" animation, the module from the OP could used to trivialize content where you have enemies beam in to fight you while you try to protect something (like the Pahvo TFO) but it's such an obvious exploit that I would have been more surprised had it actually worked, then I am about the fact that it didn't work.

EDIT:the game is very specific about certain things and for the most part NPC don't "beam in allies" but rather more NPC groups "spawn in".

This wording isn't random, when a module says "stops beaming in allies or fabrications" it means you cannot bring additional NPC in addition to the base NPC groups but it won't stop the base groups from spawning in.

EDIT2:If the tooltip is to be belived neither of those modules has "friendly fire" so at least it won't prevent friendly fabrications summoning.

When it came out i tested it and it blocked my chrono mines from being deployed. This might have been a bug, but ever since i simply do not trust that module.

I only use it in a PVP setting when i run a non fabrication build on my engineer.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    All good to know. I tried it on a sci toon. maybe the not effecting spawns needs to be added to the wiki or the tooltip.
    val#9932 wrote: »
    All good to know. I tried it on a sci toon. maybe the not effecting spawns needs to be added to the wiki or the tooltip.

I disagree, it should be something you mentally file under "never gonna happen", there's never gonna be any skill that prevents spawn ins not on ground nor in space.

Not only will this potentially cause major issues for players (characters don't spawn in the same time) should it bug there's also the fact that majority of TFOs and missions rely on the ability spawn in NPC groups to have decent difficulty without overwhelming the player or having maps that are too big.
This discussion has been closed.