test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The pricing of the Discovery Operations Pack is absurd

This post is not intended to insult or denigrate the devs in any way, but the pricing on the Discovery Operations Pack is absolutely ridiculous (as are most of the other ship packs in the game, but that's beside the point). At a non-discounted price of $84 USD, the expectation is that players pay MORE than the cost of a brand new AAA game for 4 new ships, one that's been out for months, and some other little chachkies. That is a fraction of a fraction of the amount of content that a full game of slightly lesser cost provides. In the past, I've been willing to excuse the packs, because they've usually come with a much larger number of ships and coincided with full-on expansions, but this? This sits wrong with me, and I'm someone who's spent a ton in the Z-store (I have the T6 Marauder, to give you an idea how much).

Comments

• tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    While I agree with you that the bundle, as a whole, is expensive. There is one interesting aspect: The BOffs included in this bundle are Account Unlocks, not per Character if you purchase them off the C-Store. So just on a per-character cost, those who have a large number of Characters will find this as a huge benefit.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • zaccar#5080 zaccar Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    ships are account too. i dont find it that expensive (as a world of warships player) i got me the miracle worker boats separately while on sale and im liking htem both pretty much.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Already discussed in depth. Read this 149-post thread about the pack from last week: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1247033/will-you-buy-the-the-new-discovery-operations-pack#latest
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    > @tymersto said:
    > While I agree with you that the bundle, as a whole, is expensive. There is one interesting aspect: The BOffs included in this bundle are Account Unlocks, not per Character if you purchase them off the C-Store. So just on a per-character cost, those who have a large number of Characters will find this as a huge benefit.

Except that the Stargleet DOFF can onky wear the Discovery uniform. Which is bad.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Thanks for your feedback, but there are already threads on this topic. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.