test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Login, get Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

14567810»

Comments

• chrisslyblairchrisslyblair Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    me too :|
  • vemor1vemor1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    BYnG.gif

Everyone is looking for a fire extinguisher
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    LOL!

Reminds me of the exploding consoles and people jumping and being hurled every which way that keeps happening in ST (even as recently ST 2009; not sure if it happens in ST:DSC as well). You'd think by the late 23rd Century they would have something to keep it from happening. Or maybe the directors think, "This episode doesn't have enough action in it. Too much character development and issues to think about. Make the consoles explode again!"
  • c0d3jackerc0d3jacker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Our engineering teams continue to monitor the situation that may be causing connectivity issue to some players. We do not have an ETA on when this will be fully resolved but we will provide additional updates when available.

Whoever runs @PlayArcGames over on the Twit machine said they would update us. My mortality beckons..
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,463 Arc User
    Well they did say they would provide additional updates when available. They are not available yet.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • havocdotcom#1267 havocdotcom Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    still not working :(
  • ejunkejunk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here, occurring for a week now, can't log in.
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Still having the issue here.
    ISP is Eastlink in Canada
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Still having the issue here.
    ISP is Eastlink in Canada
    me too :|

i been having this problem for 2 weeks now

isp - hughs.net
    midwest usa
    Still an issue a week later, with no word of any kind from support. I guess I'm done playing STO. Not because I want to, but because I can't.
    ejunk wrote: »
    Still an issue a week later, with no word of any kind from support. I guess I'm done playing STO. Not because I want to, but because I can't.

same , just a fyi its not just sto, its happening on all other arc games for me as well, its a arc issue they need to fix asap.

• christorenchristoren Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i keep trying to login from STO launcher and get Cryptic error n launcher crashes, after the feb/22/2019 maintenance update, still cant get on. wasnt having the issue until after the maintenance update.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    This problem cleared up for me a while ago. If you are still seeing this happen, I think details to isolate this to some commonalities would be helpful for the Devs.

So, leave more info such as: ISP, version of Windows, laptop or desktop, Wi-Fi or direct to high speed modem, location, are you using 32-bit or 64-bit (if that is still a thing).
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    This problem cleared up for me a while ago. If you are still seeing this happen, I think details to isolate this to some commonalities would be helpful for the Devs.

So, leave more info such as: ISP, version of Windows, laptop or desktop, Wi-Fi or direct to high speed modem, location, are you using 32-bit or 64-bit (if that is still a thing).

i already have twice, but i can do it again...

isp - hughes.net
    midwest usa
    edited February 2019

isp - hughes.net
    midwest usa

That only says ISP and general location. Not a even a city.

Which version of Windows are you using? Are you set up for 32-bit or 64-bit? This will point to a problem with a version of Windows and the program.

Are you on a laptop or desktop? Which brand of computer?
    Are you using Wi-Fi? If Wi-Fi did you try your laptop from a different location? Or directly connected to the current modem with a cable? All of this will point to a specific type of modem.

You may want to throw in If you are using the direct launcher, ARC or Steam. Are you using any other peripherals that have programs on your computer interfaces with STO....for example, a game type keyboard or mouse?

Have you tried switching between the EU or US proxy servers?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Anyhoo....if all of you can get together and isolate this down to some commonality between you, instead of jumping on the "Me Too!" bandwagon. You will get further with all this.

If you are unwilling to work together to fault isolate....you could try calling your ISP and tell them what is going on....and they can check continuity for you. You can check continuity, too. But I forgot the command to do so. Someone else could come by with that info.

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,463 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I did not have the authenticate issue but the first time I went into STO last night at around 8:30 PM EST, I did get a unable to connect to the server and then the number 3 after that. I closed out, retried, and made it in. Laptop and my ISP is CenturyLink. Location: Hillsborough, New Jersey. OS: Windows 10, 64-bit. Internet connection: Ethernet, and use the launcher. Usually go on at 10:00 PM or 11 PM EST, when I usually do not have that issue. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.

isp - hughes.net
    midwest usa

That only says ISP and general location. Not a even a city.

Which version of Windows are you using? Are you set up for 32-bit or 64-bit? This will point to a problem with a version of Windows and the program.

Are you on a laptop or desktop? Which brand of computer?
    Are you using Wi-Fi? If Wi-Fi did you try your laptop from a different location? Or directly connected to the current modem with a cable? All of this will point to a specific type of modem.

You may want to throw in If you are using the direct launcher, ARC or Steam. Are you using any other peripherals that have programs on your computer interfaces with STO....for example, a game type keyboard or mouse?

Have you tried switching between the EU or US proxy servers?

hughes.net oklahoma city, 64 bit , wind 10 (running in wind 8 mode) , desktop , connected to modem, arc launcher and steam they both do the same , i do have a gaming keyboard logitech g105, yes i have tried eu and us.

all the same result for everything with arc. never had this problem till the end january begining febuary
    Comcast, Salt Lake City, Windows 7: 64-bit, desktop with wired connection, ARC launcher and Steam do exactly the same thing.
    ...instead of jumping on the "Me Too!" bandwagon... If you are unwilling to work together to fault isolate...

People are having a long-term issue, and they're understandably upset. You aren't helping anyone by being condescending, or by assuming we aren't willing to work together to find the root cause.
  • perryprongs#1795 perryprongs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Utopia, Xmission, Brigham City, Windows 10 laptop, steam wanted to play for first time
  • jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out