test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Battle for the Soul of Pahvo

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Mirror Universe invaders are attempting to control Pahvo, and only you can stop them in our latest Featured Task Force Operation: Pahvo Dissension!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11096283

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Oh, I saw this on the Launcher. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    The Crystal Prism Universal Kit Module is an item that deploys a Crystalline Prism. This Prism will attack nearby enemies and will link together with nearby Prisms to increase each Prism’s damage.

This sounds very interesting. It's almost like what I suggested as a new playable species.

It would be fun if they could still do something like that, a species that consists of smaller parts that can operate together even while physically split.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Yay! Looking forward to it.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    A 14 day. According to the original Blog this was starting on the 21st. So since the Anniversary will be running until the 23rd (due to the two days of connection problems) they must have decided to change the Blog and punt. Well, at least it is a Ground Que... I mean TFO.

Since it is a Featured TFO, that means no Cooldown (except for the Commendation), you will get the Reputation Mark Daily, and it will be Marks Choice. My Discovery Character can use this to build up Marks pools.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Come on guys.....you totally stole that kit module idea from Command and Conquer's GDF prism towers didn't you? ;)
    SulMatuul.png
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > It would be fun if they could still do something like that, a species that consists of smaller parts that can operate together even while physically split.

You mean like a jellyfish?

They may not be physically split as they may interconnect underground or through Subspace or some such.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    wow ground que... against terrans. min lvl is 10 with alliance selected... so I guess it's a 5 man team... autobumped to L65? or to highest level of party member? guess I can run it on my lowest level toon on advance for laughs... hope it's a short que. nice being carried thru
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    "starting in February for PC players."
    There's only 8 days left so I'd have thought it'd be easy to give a actual date. :D
    Blog must have been written a month ago.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Come on guys.....you totally stole that kit module idea from Command and Conquer's GDF prism towers didn't you? ;)

Actually that would be the Allies from the Red Alert universe. GDI didn't have Prism Tech in the Tiberium universe.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    The Launcher also says 21st.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    In-game calendar has had it starting tomorrow since last Thursday. I don't see why that would need to change due to the extension of the Anniversary.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Actually that would be the Allies from the Red Alert universe. GDI didn't have Prism Tech in the Tiberium universe.

Damn my tired-from-work brain!

Well remembered! :D
    SulMatuul.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Ooooo, sounds fun :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    This should be interesting. Sure, this is Star Trek, but at the same time it hasn't forgotten that there is no substitute for boots on the ground.

Indeed; in C&C proper, it's the Brotherhood of Nod who have the laser tech (and as a special bonus, their basic aircraft can be used as a reflector!). Consider too the various temporal-flavored abilities, and you could argue that the chrono legionnaires are sort of represented, as are Tesla troopers (Sompek and LRI set weapons) and Desolators (RA2's are nodded to by the radiation projector, and the Kentari set weapon is right up the alley of their RA3 counterparts - as well as certain Nod units). RA3's cryo legionnaires are also represented (CRM 200, various cold-themed abilities).

Note to ambassadorkael: it might be prudent to acquaint yourself with the forum's markup functions. When it is easy to make text and/or images into links, the presence of naked URLs is a bit sloppy.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    What can I say? I like C&C. Now if only we actually had a PROPER C&C4 rather than that... whatever we got. And Generals 2.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Last RTS game I played was Herzog Zwei. :D
    I'm really bad at those types of games.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    We need to save Captain Killy!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User
    Welcome to the next carpal tunnel inducing chapter of Grind Trek Online.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Sela & Killy as voiced BOs if on away team, giving you lip at every turn.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Sela & Killy as voiced BOs if on away team, giving you lip at every turn.
    And Leeta! :D Real Admiral Leeta ... not Hologram Leeta!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2019

My thoughts exactly

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FSo2ktwpEv8

NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    This should be interesting. Sure, this is Star Trek, but at the same time it hasn't forgotten that there is no substitute for boots on the ground.

Indeed; in C&C proper, it's the Brotherhood of Nod who have the laser tech (and as a special bonus, their basic aircraft can be used as a reflector!). Consider too the various temporal-flavored abilities, and you could argue that the chrono legionnaires are sort of represented, as are Tesla troopers (Sompek and LRI set weapons) and Desolators (RA2's are nodded to by the radiation projector, and the Kentari set weapon is right up the alley of their RA3 counterparts - as well as certain Nod units). RA3's cryo legionnaires are also represented (CRM 200, various cold-themed abilities).

Note to ambassadorkael: it might be prudent to acquaint yourself with the forum's markup functions. When it is easy to make text and/or images into links, the presence of naked URLs is a bit sloppy.

This reminds me: +1 for a cryo mortar.

Anyway, the kit module looks like it has potential.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Yay yet another grind event. Speaking for myself and at least 4 other friends
    we're getting seriously worn out by this.
    Can we get back to solid arcs set post Gamma Quadrant ?
    look at the arcs up to that one
    - Yesterdays War : SIX episodes
    - Future Proof : SIX episodes
    - New Frontiers : EIGHT episodes
    - Gammaa Quadrant : SEVEN episodes (Including some great moments, Lucky Seven being AWESOME)
    *sigh*
    Age of Discovery : TWO episodes plus a TFO with no real advancement of plot or anything long lasting.
    Quinn "you need to study how this time displaced Klingon fights" *never seen again to date*
    Terran Tilly makes a super weapon, transports herself off to places unknown

I get that previous arcs did this until later arcs, the ending of the Iconian War comes to mine (Freaking LOVED that by the way)
    But ever since the end of Gamma (Home, another damn fine emotional charged episode) this game seems to have gone the way of grind events.
    I'm a little disappointed, I know it takes a hell of a long time to write such awesome arcs as previously but please consider it ?
    Thank you for your time
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Hopefully they learned from the binary stars TFO and have either allowed for folk to skip cutscenes or not made them quite as long winded.

In theory nothing wrong with longer cutscenes (that can be skipped) but when you're seeing them day after day they just start to become tedious.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    I just hope the TFO will not be as problematic, as the last of the two episodes from Mirror of Discovery...
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Yay yet another grind event. Speaking for myself and at least 4 other friends
    we're getting seriously worn out by this.
    Can we get back to solid arcs set post Gamma Quadrant ?
    look at the arcs up to that one
    - Yesterdays War : SIX episodes
    - Future Proof : SIX episodes
    - New Frontiers : EIGHT episodes
    - Gammaa Quadrant : SEVEN episodes (Including some great moments, Lucky Seven being AWESOME)
    *sigh*
    Age of Discovery : TWO episodes plus a TFO with no real advancement of plot or anything long lasting.
    Quinn "you need to study how this time displaced Klingon fights" *never seen again to date*

I get that previous arcs did this until later arcs, the ending of the Iconian War comes to mine (Freaking LOVED that by the way)
    But ever since the end of Gamma (Home, another damn fine emotional charged episode) this game seems to have gone the way of grind events.
    I'm a little disappointed, I know it takes a hell of a long time to write such awesome arcs as previously but please consider it ?
    Thank you for your time

You do know that both of the Discovery arcs are ongoing, right? Of the examples that you listed, literally none were complete (at least in the number of episodes that they have now) when they released, but got built up over time. Gamma was the closest to complete at once, but still took a month or so for the last episode to come out. Those eight episodes in New Frontiers took 17 months to come out.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User

They already explained, and we have repeated, multiple times that 'more is coming'. They also said that as the game go forwards they'll be working on several storylines simultaneously, so we got the two episodes of AoD, then we got the mirror episodes, and then they'll likely give us a couple of AoD episodes too later, or maybe they'll start a third storyline - I'm hoping for something on Nexus Guys - before returning to AoD.
    The way stuff is being worked on have undergone a radical change and as a result so have how it's put into the game. Large part of that is that for the first time in the story of a Trek game ever are we getting content related to an ongoing series. As much as I can understand the frustration and I'd like to see new episodes too soon, I can also accept that it'll take some getting used to working this way from the devs. As much as we as players will have to adapt to this form of change I imagine it might be harder for the people creating our content to change how they've been used to work for years all of a sudden.

That said, I really am hoping for some new episode content sooner rather than later. I know the Road Map seem to say May for that, but otoh it also said March for Personal Endeavors which we already have, so here's to hoping.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.