test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions on which fleet ship to get

misanthrope#6636 misanthrope Member Posts: 84 Arc User
edited February 2019 in The Shipyard
I just got 5 fleet modules and I'm looking to get myself a T6 fleet ship now. I'm currently using a Khopesh Tactical Dreadnought Warbird and I've heard it's one of the best dps ships out there and so I'm looking for a fleet ship that has high dps, possibly higher than the Khopesh. I don't want any science-heavy ships as I don't understand science/exotic dps at all. I'm a lvl 65 Romulan Fed-allied character btw and my fleet has all the necessary structures at highest level. Also, if there isn't any fleet ship that can beat the Khopesh in dps, then I'm also interested in any fleet ship that has high hull/tanky and is engineering centered.

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your advice but I bought the Shephard Fleet Miracle Worker Battlecruiser
Post edited by misanthrope#6636 on

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Hey there. :)

The fleet version of the new miracle worker battlecruiser is super DPS centric.

Id place it on par with the scim or the vanguard warship due to its miracle worker station (for narrow sensor bandwidth and mixed armament synergy) and additional console slot. I'm loving it at the moment. Both cannon and beam builds can easily be put to work on it.

Here are some build suggestions from the League HP:

https://www.sto-league.com/miracle-worker-battlecruiser-t6/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    If I were you, I would stop and look at refining your build before changing ships.

The Khopesh is a 'top tier' ship for DPS. If you're finding your damage to be lackluster, it's highly unlikely that changing ships is going to help. It sounds to me like you would be better served trying to optimize your build and tactics to take better advantage of the ships strengths.

My fleet mate is right, the Miracle Worker ships are are at the top of the pack for DPS, but if you have a sub optimal build already and you move that build to a different ship, it's highly unlikely that you will see any increase in performance. It's a commonly held misconception in STO that getting a powerful ship automatically makes you powerful.. it doesn't.

I would recommend you post your build and we can see what we can do to improve your current performance. If the issue is that you just don't like the Khopesh, then fair enough.. I would look into new Miracle Worker ships. Either way though, you need to make sure you're using a build that takes full advantage of whatever ship you're flying. I can tell you from experience, the Khopesh is a great ship, it's tough as nails and can put out an incredible amount of damage. It's my 'go to' ship for Romulans.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    misanthrope#6636 misanthrope Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Oh I'm happy enough with my Khopesh and I'm not switching ships because I need to, it's only because I can lol. Also Peter I specifically asked for a fleet ship and I know the Vaadwaur miracle worker juggernaut isn't one of those.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Oh I'm happy enough with my Khopesh and I'm not switching ships because I need to, it's only because I can lol. Also Peter I specifically asked for a fleet ship and I know the Vaadwaur miracle worker juggernaut isn't one of those.

Yea thats why I recomended the one in the link to you, not the Jugger. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    jeff#1284 jeff Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    T6 Fleet Arbiter.

Live it, Love it...